PDA

View Full Version : A month and half out.

August
08-08-10, 11:12 PM
We're at T minus 46 days and we'll have firm up reservations and transportation particulars over the next couple of weeks.

I'm trying to calculate a possible headcount here. Now so far we have about 15 able bodied Sub Simmers and spouses signed on. Is there anyone else who hasn't yet but is still hoping that they can attend?

Also is there anyone who will require assistance in getting from the airport to either my place or to New London? How about you folks coming from overseas? We can arrainge for someone to meet you at the terminal but i'll need to know the particulars in advance so pipe up! :DL

A third thing we need to start thinking about is transportation to and during the meet.

I was thinking that we might want to rent a 12 or 15 passenger van. We'll have some extra passenger capacity available from the people who are driving to the event, but not enough to handle everyone that is planning to show up. We might be able to do a little better if we shop around but just to give you an idea of the costs involved, there's a rental place next door in Rhode Island that has 12 and 15 passenger vans for rent at $130 to $180 dollars a day respectively. With a Wednesday night pickup and a Monday night drop off we'd be talking about $100 bucks a person including gas which is pretty cheap.

Sledgehammer427
08-08-10, 11:41 PM
I will be leaving IL here in the next couple of weeks to visit family in CT. So I will be in the area well in advance.

Saying that, August, I can offer my cell number and any services you can find for me...at least, when I get there. I can't do much from corn country, Illinois

nikimcbee
08-09-10, 12:52 AM
I'm getting a rental car and coming out a day early...wait, wh am I typing this again?:yawn:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=172407

I still need to figure out the rental car and lodging:06:

August
08-09-10, 09:12 AM
Sledge. Thanks for volunteering. I'm sure we'll find something for you to do!

August
08-09-10, 09:14 AM
I still need to figure out the rental car and lodging:06:

http://www.campviewmotorcourt.com/

Sailor Steve
08-09-10, 10:13 AM
@ August: I told you you would end up being the unofficial coordinator for the whole thing. Did you believe me? NOooooooo...
:rotfl2:

Seriously, I do want to thank you in advance for all the work you're putting into this. I'm sure I'll remember to thank you again after the fact as well.

August
08-09-10, 11:21 AM
@ August: I told you you would end up being the unofficial coordinator for the whole thing. Did you believe me? NOooooooo...
:rotfl2:

Seriously, I do want to thank you in advance for all the work you're putting into this. I'm sure I'll remember to thank you again after the fact as well.

:DL

Don't worry Steve. I'm pretty good at delegating.

BTW how are you at getting around airports and public transportation?