PDA

View Full Version : So who's coming?

nikimcbee
05-04-10, 12:56 PM
...not I'd like to come, but high probability of being there.:hmmm:

I'll start:
me, I might even go a day early to spend extra time there.

August
05-04-10, 02:13 PM
I'll most likely be there at least for some of it. Depends on what the final dates are going to be.

Chad
05-04-10, 05:08 PM
Both my dad and I will be there.

Need more information before we book a hotel and all that.. Anyone got an official itinerary?

Jeffg
05-04-10, 05:14 PM
I will be there and and can't wait to see what is being setup.

JeffG

Sailor Steve
05-06-10, 01:13 PM
:rock:

CCIP
05-06-10, 02:03 PM
Well, tentatively I'm still up.

Alas, my work/school situation is rather a mess at the moment, so between now and September I may become anything from exceptionally busy to homeless :shifty:

So I guess we'll see as we get closer to it! I hope I make it.

Subnuts
05-10-10, 04:08 PM
I have every intention of coming. I really don't have any excuse not too.

By this point, I'd be as happy as a schoolboy who just got away with stealing a pound of fudge if the only places we visited were New London and Fall River.

Jeffg
05-13-10, 05:05 PM
I am being hounded to make a deposit for my yearly golf trip by my fire station buddies for the same weekend as this trip. I am putting them off for another couple weeks to see if any news comes out. I hope that we are rewarded with news or I will be playing golf in Charleston SC.

JeffG

nikimcbee
05-13-10, 09:15 PM
I am being hounded to make a deposit for my yearly golf trip by my fire station buddies for the same weekend as this trip. I am putting them off for another couple weeks to see if any news comes out. I hope that we are rewarded with news or I will be playing golf in Charleston SC.

JeffG

Golf or subsim:o. Depending who shows up, subsim hands down.:D

Von Hinten
05-16-10, 03:45 PM
Bas and myself will turn up once more as well. Can't miss out after last year. :salute:

Blacklight
05-17-10, 05:16 PM
Since I live in CT, I'll definitely be there, at least for the Ct leg of the meet.

Bas Langenhof
05-20-10, 02:55 PM
Bas and myself will turn up once more as well. Can't miss out after last year. :salute:
Yep we will be there. :)

Jimbuna
05-21-10, 02:16 PM
Is anyone planning on coming from the UK?

Von Hinten
05-22-10, 10:26 AM
We're likely to fly over it and maybe even have a short landing depending on what company we choose to fly with.

Jimbuna
05-22-10, 11:33 AM
My turn at dejavu :DL

I'd have tought you would be flying KLM out of Schiphol :hmmm:

Von Hinten
05-22-10, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I know. We've not really settled on the whole trip yet since the final date only just popped up and while we were browsing around through possible tickets all sorts of routes came up. We'll likely settle on things next week or so I guess.

conus00
05-22-10, 06:16 PM
I'd love to come but as of now I'm facing huge move with WAAAY too much money involved but, hey, you never know...

krashkart
05-22-10, 06:27 PM
I can't promise anything yet, I'll have to see how the summer goes. If I can make it out there this year I'll be there for sure. This would be my first major adventure since the glory years of my younger uncouth youth. :)

Jimbuna
05-23-10, 05:44 AM
Yeah, I know. We've not really settled on the whole trip yet since the final date only just popped up and while we were browsing around through possible tickets all sorts of routes came up. We'll likely settle on things next week or so I guess.

Prima :yep:

ryanglavin
05-23-10, 08:47 AM
I would love to go and meet y'all there, but I am busy all of september.

For a future subsim meet, I suggest the U.S.S. silversides in Michigan.
Theres not alot of big ships, but its the silverside and a cool coast guard cutter.
You can also see alot of the history of the great lakes all up and down that coast because there is ALOT of museum ships.

Carotio
05-28-10, 12:22 PM
Well, since I'm done with my studies, graduated from university and all that, I'm on the lookout for a job. So far nothing has showed up.
For a long time, I have promised a Mexican girl to come visit her, and since I most certainly have decided to go there this summer (July), it very much depends whether I have a job or not, when I come back. If I haven't got one, then maybe, just maybe, I can scramble together the money for a flight ticket and come.
I think I have read somewhere in this meet forum that some arrangements regarding private quarters can be arranged? I mean, I wouldn't mind sleeping in my sleeping bag at the floor somewhere, if for just a few days.
But how does it look with a final decision in end August or early September? Is it possible or not?

Jimbuna
05-28-10, 01:25 PM
Is anyone planning on coming from the UK?

Bump!

Jeffg
05-28-10, 03:01 PM
I gave up my golf trip and I will be there.

JeffG

cappy70
05-28-10, 08:12 PM
I'm coming,,,,,,,,,:D:D

Jeffg
05-29-10, 10:17 AM
I am coming in on Sept 21 and changed hotels to the Marriott Copley Place. I want to get in some other Boston sightseeing also. I can not wait to see what Neal comes up with and hope all comes together without any problems.

JeffG

Chad
05-29-10, 10:28 AM
Yeah does anyone have an itinerary for the trip? What airport to fly to? What hotel? etc etc

Sailor Steve
05-29-10, 10:40 AM
Everybody wants details! Details ruin the fun!

Chad, you know they're only going to lie to you anyway.:D

Subnuts
05-29-10, 02:53 PM
On a vaguely on-topic note, there's a good chance I'll visit the Submarine Force Museum in New London tomorrow, and I'll be sure to bring back plenty of pictures for the people who've never been there. Actually, I haven't been there since 2002, and the Nautilus was being restored at the time, so hopefully it'll be a brand new experience! :woot:

Von Hinten
05-30-10, 07:40 AM
... it very much depends whether I have a job or not, when I come back. If I haven't got one, then maybe, just maybe, I can scramble together the money for a flight ticket and come.

Here's a good reason why you should be there:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7143/dsc00914x.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/dsc00914x.jpg/)

It just wouldn't be the same without you m8. :arrgh!:

CCIP
07-20-10, 02:19 PM
Egh, it's getting a little tricky - mostly because my boss has scheduled me on a business trip to LA that week. I'll see how it goes - still gonna try to make it down, but obviously being on the other side of the continent does not bode terribly well for this :hmmm:

nikimcbee
07-20-10, 05:57 PM
Yeah does anyone have an itinerary for the trip? What airport to fly to? What hotel? etc etc

We need more details about the cabins Neal was talking about. I was under the impression we'd be staying there for a few days and at the BB. I going out a day early and thinking I could stay at the "cabins" for an extra day. I am getting a rental car for myself. If you're able to come early, we can hang out. I wanted to spend extra time at the sub museum.:D

August
07-20-10, 06:09 PM
http://www.campviewmotorcourt.com/

Neal is negotiating with them for Sept 23rd to the 25th. Though we may end up leaving there a day early if we stay on the Massachusetts on the 25th.

Von Hinten
08-16-10, 10:57 AM
Sorry for the late (official) notification guys, but I'm going to have to pass on the 2010 meet after all. Stuff at work has come up and took away the time off I needed to join in.

I hope you all have the grandest time over there and will await the pictures and (true) pirate stories in great anticipation. Have fun!

limkol
09-06-10, 03:18 PM
Have a good trip guys:DL. Was at Copenhagen last year and it was an unforgettable experience. Met some good people and had a great time. All the best of luck.:salute:

Onkel Neal
09-08-10, 10:40 AM
http://www.campviewmotorcourt.com/

Neal is negotiating with them for Sept 23rd to the 25th. Though we may end up leaving there a day early if we stay on the Massachusetts on the 25th.

Just to be sure this is not missed, we will be staying at the Camp View Motor court all three nights, the Massachusetts does not have sleepovers unless you are a boy scout.

August
09-08-10, 10:56 AM
Just to be sure this is not missed, we will be staying at the Camp View Motor court all three nights, the Massachusetts does not have sleepovers unless you are a boy scout.

I thought we were going to have everyone stay at my house on Saturday night? I got cots and new mattresses and everything.:cry:

Onkel Neal
09-08-10, 11:05 AM
That's perfectly fine, once the meet starts on the 23rd, just let May know you do not need the cottages for Sat night.