PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Crew running forwd in crash dive

baronfrost
03-08-10, 11:43 AM
Hello, when I saw the crew running forward in the trailer for the crash dive, I thought finally it will seem as if there was some real excitment with giving the order other than hearing the scream, Alarm!!! Then to order a crash dive last night to see the crew just standing around. Is it possible to mod that in? :hmmm:

Regio Sommergibile
03-08-10, 12:02 PM
This is something i'd love to see, good idea ;)

Heretic
03-08-10, 12:17 PM
It's definitely doable. We don't have the animations to do it properly yet. Depending on what running animations exist and which direction they're running and all that, I can probably do a crude version now. The men wouldn't duck through the hatches.

The biggest hurdle for doing it right is we don't have animations for going through the hatches, except for a limited one used in the tutorial. Custom animations will be made. I have no doubt we'll see this eventually.

thruster
03-09-10, 02:34 AM
...would it be possible to use a snippet of the pre-release video? so that whenever theres a crash dive alarm you get a 2sec vid of crew running thru the boat.

EAF274 Johan
03-09-10, 02:41 AM
...would it be possible to use a snippet of the pre-release video? so that whenever theres a crash dive alarm you get a 2sec vid of crew running thru the boat.
Hm... I wouldn't like that. It would break the action, I think. But there is something in the idea: assuming the intro video was made using the game engine, maybe the animations or scripts they used for the video are hidden somewhere?

Sgtmonkeynads
03-09-10, 02:44 AM
That does bring up the idea of adding our own cut scenes for certain actions though. Interesting....!

oscar19681
03-09-10, 07:02 AM
Hm... I wouldn't like that. It would break the action, I think. But there is something in the idea: assuming the intro video was made using the game engine, maybe the animations or scripts they used for the video are hidden somewhere?

Some guy on this forum found all kinds of unused animations. I think he also found animations for the crew to move through the hatches to move in the u-boat. Its quite interesting what he has to say about the animations and crash diving. See for yourself. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163613

Heretic
03-09-10, 10:16 AM

I haevn't seen anything that leads me to believe you can use video in game. Closest thing you'll get is the tightly scripted stuff like the beginning of the tutorial.