PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Capthelms Audio Mod

capthelm
03-06-10, 10:46 AM
i created a fine audio mod for SH5, its a lot more realistic, was a lot of work to do..

audio samples are of very high quality ..

enjoy all.

:yeah: DOWNLOAD link below

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mznhmvzjhz

capthelm
03-06-10, 10:48 AM
this mod can be freely added to any major SH5 mega overhaul mods that come out.:salute:

sergei
03-06-10, 10:51 AM
Thanks, I'll try it out now :up:

rcjonessnp175
03-06-10, 10:52 AM
Great downloading now, but what did you change as far as sounds and what was added? Like compare this to the das boot sound mod on this page

capthelm
03-06-10, 10:53 AM
even here the clock running in the main control room , thats how detailed i did it. enjoy guys.

capthelm
03-06-10, 11:20 AM
youll hear now,. not so such a silent boat anymore

changes in audio

youll hear crew move around a little, more footsteps ever so slightly.

steel hull creaking under intense load from the sea ,and surface creaking
under load from the sea

clock in main control room running.

rustle of map papers by crew

water drips throughout the boat.

electric motor room, area youll hear the massive generator and transformer eletric hum.

youll hear nice new beautiful diesel engine tones now. also the sound of the engineer working on it, with spanners ,wrenches etc.

externals you here high atlantic breeze winds.

..new periscope sounds, this was real audio for the scope taken from USS Pampanito ..

while running silent, no noise still maintains in the audio feel as well. , wont here the engineer work
on engines. once you dive and electric motors engage.

enjoy all.

dagamecat
03-06-10, 11:27 AM
Thanks capthelm. Trying it out now, first impressions are very good. Like the new ambient sounds such as the wind and control room noises, and I love the new diesel and especially the electric motor sounds. Good work.

capthelm
03-06-10, 11:35 AM
thx. wait till you hear the steel hull creaking audio, its wicked sounding. :D

capthelm
03-06-10, 11:38 AM
also changed most of the aircraft in the game,

real samples of the engines. 1 example being the hawker hurricane , youll hear the beautiful griffon engine as it flys over head.

Fritz Fraghof
03-06-10, 12:51 PM
Nice mod. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

capthelm
03-06-10, 01:02 PM
heres a little video i put together to show case the sounds
:up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN5RHeL8B8

sergei
03-06-10, 03:34 PM
Just gave this a go. Big thumbs up.
Very atmospheric. :up:

rcjonessnp175
03-06-10, 03:38 PM
Awesome mod, wow this is how it should of sounded from the get go, they should hire you :rock:

Church SUBSIM
03-06-10, 03:50 PM
Thanks! I loved the fact you did a video to give a sense of what it will be like. 45 secs in I was ready to push the DL button!

Nice work!

rededge
03-06-10, 04:50 PM
Big ThankYou Capthelm :D

Your efforts are appreciated.:yeah:

Michal788
03-06-10, 07:07 PM
Nice work.
Keep going!:yeah:

UberMatz
03-06-10, 07:17 PM
Very nice improvement!! I used it on half a patrol, no CTD's or other errors!! Great Job!!!

Thanx!

UberMatz

etheberge
03-06-10, 07:21 PM
Video was great and the mod sounds awesome, thanks!

Michal788
03-07-10, 10:31 AM
The extrating /sh5/data/sound is not always correct.
In steam its call /silent hunter 5/data/sound.

rsvette12
03-07-10, 12:08 PM
Huge thanks :yeah:

Rich

Sailor Steve
03-07-10, 05:24 PM
I can't play the game right now, so I can't hear it in-game, but if the video is accurate then it sounds great - especially the engine, electric and periscope.

The water bubbling outside is way too loud though. I'm not sure it should be there at all.

Bill Nichols
03-07-10, 05:38 PM
I can't play the game right now, so I can't hear it in-game, but if the video is accurate then it sounds great - especially the engine, electric and periscope.

The water bubbling outside is way too loud though. I'm not sure it should be there at all.

My reaction was exactly the same as Sailor Steve's -- everything sounds great except for the bubbling. I've spent a lot of time underwater and never, ever heard any 'bubbling' or other sea-induced sound, other than wave crash when on the surface.

The bubbling is a immersion-killer for me, wish you'd produce a version without it.

:arrgh!:

capthelm
03-07-10, 06:23 PM
sea water sloshing around between hulls and outside ocean currents slamming the hull you can here it, i was in the uss growler, even in port and i could even hear it, that was a more modern sub as well , compared to ww2 coffin clunkers

old ww2 boats not as silent as more modern boats. , also hear the water effects in das boot.

captainspaulding
03-07-10, 07:00 PM
thx capthelm for your great mod !!! :woot:

capthelm
03-07-10, 07:08 PM
thx..mind and turn the volume up :yeah:

karamazovnew
03-07-10, 07:19 PM
amazing :salute:

Baleur
03-07-10, 08:11 PM
WOW! You can actually hear, like.. STUFF inside the sub now! Superb job :)

Kilgore87
03-07-10, 09:03 PM
Sounds good, downloading now. Thanks!

Bill Nichols
03-07-10, 09:03 PM
sea water sloshing around between hulls and outside ocean currents slamming the hull you can here it, i was in the uss growler, even in port and i could even hear it, that was a more modern sub as well , compared to ww2 coffin clunkers

old ww2 boats not as silent as more modern boats. , also hear the water effects in das boot.

As I said, yes, on the surface, you can hear sounds of the sea. But not when submerged. Then the ballast tanks and the space between the hulls are completely waterfilled, no room for 'sloshing'.

Mark75
03-08-10, 03:00 AM
Just watched the youtube preview movie for your sound package. I'm very much impressed, superb work. Oustanding improvement!

Thanks a lot :yeah:
:salute:

capthelm
03-08-10, 04:05 AM
As I said, yes, on the surface, you can hear sounds of the sea. But not when submerged. Then the ballast tanks and the space between the hulls are completely waterfilled, no room for 'sloshing'.

sloshing from outside , ocean sea waters hitting against the hull as well.
boats not sound proof from outside elements .
also air bubbles from hull going to surface,steel amplifies the outside elements ..

modern subs this has been addressed to a degree , hull coatings and sound proof panels installed rubber shock absorb mounted motors etc.

again if you dont like the audio mod simply dont use it..

capthelm
03-08-10, 04:07 AM
Just watched the youtube preview movie for your sound package. I'm very much impressed, superb work. Oustanding improvement!

Thanks a lot :yeah:

thx glad you like it enjoy the realism.

Gotmilk
03-08-10, 04:15 AM
wow thanks a lot. This will certainly add immersion to the game.

kapitan_zur_see
03-08-10, 05:38 AM
nice ambient work :up:

redcoat22
03-08-10, 09:00 AM
I wish the crew voices outside didnt sound like they were in a recording studio.. Do you have some friends that speak German so you can you fix these?

capthelm
03-08-10, 09:35 AM
I wish the crew voices outside didnt sound like they were in a recording studio.. Do you have some friends that speak German so you can you fix these?

sadly only one set of audio works for the uboat, no internal or external voices ..can be done.
also take into account performace issues , 2 sets of the same voices.

only HD eax audio trickery could do this i think. thats all code for the dev team ..building a new audio engine.

....not going to happen.

voices imo are great and a lot better compared to the last sh3 sh4 series.

DevilofEchoes
03-08-10, 09:36 AM
awesome sound mod. +1

i only keep a few stock sounds namely the blur for the cinematic feeling. XD and the P02_$ stock sound cause i like the pinging sound. i left out the diesel exterior cause i felt like my brain was being scrambled when i was out on top. but am liking the rest alot.

and for the underwater "bubbling" sound mentioned. you can still hear it on relatively modern subs. can hear it on the USS Toledo depending on how fast you were going. if you were going relatively fast when submerged you can hear it. but if you are going slow you cant hear it. dunno about the seawolfs or virginias. assuming it would be a similar occurrence with those 2 being considerably larger.

capthelm
03-08-10, 09:54 AM
awesome sound mod. +1

i only keep a few stock sounds namely the blur for the cinematic feeling. XD and the P02_$ stock sound cause i like the pinging sound. i left out the diesel exterior cause i felt like my brain was being scrambled when i was out on top. but am liking the rest alot.

and for the underwater "bubbling" sound mentioned. you can still hear it on relatively modern subs. can hear it on the USS Toledo depending on how fast you were going. if you were going relatively fast when submerged you can hear it. but if you are going slow you cant hear it. dunno about the seawolfs or virginias. assuming it would be a similar occurrence with those 2 being considerably larger.

think how it must have been in real life for uboat crews onboard. :o noise levels.

VIIC engine specs

Propulsion:2 × supercharged Germaniawerft, 6-
cylinder, 4-stroke M6V 40/46 diesels
totalling 2,800–3,200 hp (2,100–
2,400 kW). Max rpm: 470-490[1] (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/#cite_note-Uboat.net-0)

submerged BBC GG UB 720/8 electric motors giving a total of 750 hp
(560 kW) at 322 rpm

btw little tip if you close the compartment doors youll reduce noise levels just like real life, find this a nice touch of realistic simulation in SH5 :rock:

DevilofEchoes
03-08-10, 10:18 AM
think how it must have been in real life for uboat crews onboard. :o noise levels.

VIIC engine specs

Propulsion:2 × supercharged Germaniawerft, 6-
cylinder, 4-stroke M6V 40/46 diesels
totalling 2,800–3,200 hp (2,100–
2,400 kW). Max rpm: 470-490[1] (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/#cite_note-Uboat.net-0)

submerged BBC GG UB 720/8 electric motors giving a total of 750 hp
(560 kW) at 322 rpm

btw little tip if you close the compartment doors youll reduce noise levels just like real life, find this a nice touch of realistic simulation in SH5 :rock:

yah no kidding. all that noise and no ear muffs. no wonder going deaf was way more common.:o

and aye i noticed that too. when i was exploring the sub closing doors to isolate sounds and whatnot. very cool. :up:

Bill Nichols
03-08-10, 05:23 PM
sloshing from outside , ocean sea waters hitting against the hull as well.
boats not sound proof from outside elements .
also air bubbles from hull going to surface,steel amplifies the outside elements ..

modern subs this has been addressed to a degree , hull coatings and sound proof panels installed rubber shock absorb mounted motors etc.

again if you dont like the audio mod simply dont use it..

Only trying to suggest an improvement. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.subguru.com/nautilus/subqual.jpg

piri_reis
03-08-10, 05:43 PM
Only trying to suggest an improvement.

Nice to have you here Sir :salute:

DevilofEchoes
03-08-10, 05:46 PM
Only trying to suggest an improvement. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

you can download the mod then unzip the folder and delete amb_SubmarineInterior_Q.wav file for the bubbling. lol.

and then youd have all the sounds and none of the bubbling. i dont use that JGMSME?-whatever i always insert my files manually. you only have to cut and paste them into the right spot under.. C:/ubisoft/SH5/data/sound. in this particular case.

my brother was a sonar tech.:ping: so he got to listen to everything. maybe we should put in some whale sounds.. now that would be awesome. :yeah:

oscar19681
03-08-10, 05:51 PM
you can download the mod then unzip the folder and delete amb_SubmarineInterior_Q.wav file for the bubbling. lol.

and then youd have all the sounds and none of the bubbling. i dont use that JGMSME?-whatever i always insert my files manually. you only have to cut and paste them into the right spot under.. C:/ubisoft/SH5/data/sound. in this particular case.

my brother was a sonar tech.:ping: so he got to listen to everything. maybe we should put in some whale sounds.. now that would be awesome. :yeah:

That would only be cool if there actually were whales in the game.

DevilofEchoes
03-08-10, 05:56 PM
That would only be cool if there actually were whales in the game.

yah thats what i meant. be able to hit em with torpedoes. =D would rain whale meat for hours! :yeah:

oscar19681
03-08-10, 06:00 PM
yah thats what i meant. be able to hit em with torpedoes. =D would rain whale meat for hours! :yeah:

Good luck setting up a solution!

capthelm
03-08-10, 06:33 PM

http://www.subguru.com/nautilus/subqual.jpg

you served on a modern almost silent sub , not a ww2 racket clunker ..., this is what i did for the audio mods.

thx for the help, but not needed though.

Sailor Steve
03-08-10, 06:50 PM
you served on a modern almost silent sub , not a ww2 racket clunker ...
And you did? What was it like?

capthelm
03-08-10, 07:01 PM
i read a lot on uboat books and watch films.
last time am saying it, if you dont like the mod dont use it simple as that.

Bill Nichols
03-08-10, 09:08 PM
"i read a lot on uboat books and watch films. " Definitely first-hand experience there.

First time I ever heard Nautilus described as a 'modern' sub. Maybe in 1951... :haha:

Just to set the record straight. Nautilus was essentially a WW2 design with a nuclear power plant. There was absolutely no silencing technology applied -- no anechoic coatings, no rubber-mounted 'floating' platforms, etc.
The original issue was, can one hear 'burbling' sounds when underwater? My experience is, definitely not. Maybe someone who has stuck his head underwater in the pool would think being in a submarine would sound the same. Not so. Traveling submerged, the only way one would know that the boat was underwater is the absence of surface wave action.

Ditch the burbling sounds, if you want realism. That's my last word on the matter.

:ahoy:

capthelm
03-09-10, 06:26 AM
to all who where positive on the mod thx..
:yeah:

fix update on the way. to reduce the bubbling.

stay tuned.

Galanti
03-09-10, 07:57 AM
Great job on this, capthelm, brings more life out of the interior of the boat.

capthelm
03-09-10, 08:48 AM
fix for the bubbling some people didnt like it.

this audio blends in nice as well.

audio fix alternative from bubbling air pressure sound

DOWNLOAD below:yeah:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5hmz2kdwwm

=finished everyone is happy now.

enjoy all.

DevilofEchoes
03-09-10, 08:48 AM
to all who where positive on the mod thx..

fix update on the way. to reduce the bubbling.

stay tuned.

lol. you dont need to fix the bubbling. its entirely unrealistic for people to expect you to upload an entirely new zip/rar just to alter one thing for them that they can do themselves. by either removing it entirely or reducing the sound it makes. :nope:

and i told them how to remove the bubbling.. does no one read or have a delete button on the keyboard anymore?:o... pending that they can left click mouse and drag and drop into recycle bin. pending not having that one either they can tab your way into the key registry change the delete button to another key and then proceed from there.

trolling is not constructive criticism and/or dialogue on their part. obviously everyone has dissenting opinions on it. but not an excuse for them to act like children over something like that, thats also FREE and done by ya for fun. especially if its alterable on their end. :P unnacceptable imo. lol. if i was modding this game i would not do anything at all to change it and would just leave it be out of principle. :arrgh!:

capthelm
03-09-10, 09:09 AM
done . no worries

all good everyone happy what they like now.

:yeah: zip is a small fix

introduces less air pressure bubbling . added electrical hum throughout the boat , hull creaking and condesation slight water droplets.

ww2 boats leaked like a sieve as well. constant dampness wet ..

happy with the all round results . no more fixes from my end here.

cant get much better in what i have created , again all sounds highest quality possible no hiss clips pops. studio sounds.

rcjonessnp175
03-09-10, 09:45 AM
This sound mod rocks in 7.1, i can pretty much feel like im in the conning tower now minus the ocean spray, hmmm maybe i could rig something up. lOL

My opinion is that sound is one of the most important things and this mod really brings the game environment to life Great job:rock:

capthelm
03-09-10, 09:54 AM
This sound mod rocks in 7.1, i can pretty much feel like im in the conning tower now minus the ocean spray, hmmm maybe i could rig something up. lOL

My opinion is that sound is one of the most important things and this mod really brings the game environment to life Great job:rock:

have fun. :yeah:

meanstreak
03-09-10, 03:36 PM
Many thanks for the mod and no crit from me, without guys like yourself selflishly working away on this game where would we be? :yeah:

walsh2509
03-09-10, 03:44 PM
Great stuff witht the sounds , the dripping the rustle of paper as so on. One thing , the engine noise its very loud out on the Conning Tower, when I turn towards the stern it gets even louder ..

Should I be hearing the engine noise that loud out on the CT ? was like I was in the engine room.

sergei
03-09-10, 03:49 PM
I closed the door to the galley.
Much quieter in the conn now!

mookiemookie
03-09-10, 04:13 PM
lol. you dont need to fix the bubbling. its entirely unrealistic for people to expect you to upload an entirely new zip/rar just to alter one thing for them that they can do themselves. by either removing it entirely or reducing the sound it makes. :nope:

and i told them how to remove the bubbling.. does no one read or have a delete button on the keyboard anymore?:o... pending that they can left click mouse and drag and drop into recycle bin. pending not having that one either they can tab your way into the key registry change the delete button to another key and then proceed from there.

trolling is not constructive criticism and/or dialogue on their part. obviously everyone has dissenting opinions on it. but not an excuse for them to act like children over something like that, thats also FREE and done by ya for fun. especially if its alterable on their end. :P unnacceptable imo. lol. if i was modding this game i would not do anything at all to change it and would just leave it be out of principle. :arrgh!:

Wow. When Sailor Steve and Bill Nichols are accused of trolling, you know the forum has hit a new low.

I didn't see any trolling. Only someone with firsthand and intimate knowledge of the subject matter offering feedback to a mod author in order to make the mod better and more accurate - which was then dismissed using Das Boot as counter-evidence. :doh:

Sheeshk. The world has gone crazy.

Bill Nichols
03-09-10, 05:35 PM
Righto. I'm thinking of making this my new avatar:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fUzorZk31Ss/Smr3Lh2qYuI/AAAAAAAADXo/b3UmdxRM-qw/s200/Troll_Restless72119.jpg

:-j

Will-Rommel
03-10-10, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the mod mate.

Highbury
03-10-10, 12:51 AM
Wow. When Sailor Steve and Bill Nichols are accused of trolling, you know the forum has hit a new low.

I didn't see any trolling. Only someone with firsthand and intimate knowledge of the subject matter offering feedback to a mod author in order to make the mod better and more accurate - which was then dismissed using Das Boot as counter-evidence. :doh:

Exactly what I was thinking.. :nope:

Regio Sommergibile
03-10-10, 08:23 AM
Thanks for this mod capthelm :up:

Btw Trolling is a hard profession; don't waste the word this way :D

EDIT:

Can i use it in a modfolder for JSGME ?

capthelm
03-10-10, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the mod mate.

np enjoy. :up:

DevilofEchoes
03-10-10, 09:06 AM

clearly we are having a disconnect on this issue. lol. maybe due to over exposure on my part to forums much more hypersensitive in fashion like steam+others. the first few points were valid but after it was dismissed the first time although by an unreasonable reference. it should have just been let go. especially if its an easy fix like simply deleting the file. it was the certificate part was what i was referring to. :up:

doesn't matter now anyway. everyone's happy and can go to sleep at night and will not be losing any sleep over the sounds a WW2 submarine makes when it glides through the water. lol.:rotfl2:

Fattysbox
03-10-10, 01:59 PM
Title says it all - link's not working for me... :salute:

EDIT: Nevermind its working now. Must have been slow before

copper01
03-10-10, 02:47 PM
Great Sound Thanks alot can I install with GME ? Thaks again :salute:

simsurfer
03-13-10, 04:49 PM
Bookmark

simsurfer
03-14-10, 12:26 AM
Downloaded, and liking it, good job.

Conveen
03-17-10, 05:01 PM
The install with JSGME is correct? I mean the JSGME copy them in a wrong folder. Maybe I have to install them manual?

SabreHawk
03-18-10, 09:09 AM
Downloading now Cap sounds great(pun intended), one question about something another mate here asked about. The engine sound, and the fact that unlike previous versions of SH, SH5's engine sound only increases in volume when increasing speed instead of pitch.
Does this mod fix that?

Oh, and same question about JSGME.

capthelm
03-18-10, 10:14 AM
Downloading now Cap sounds great(pun intended), one question about something another mate here asked about. The engine sound, and the fact that unlike previous versions of SH, SH5's engine sound only increases in volume when increasing speed instead of pitch.
Does this mod fix that?

Oh, and same question about JSGME.

nope, that effect would need to be hard coded from dev.

SabreHawk
03-18-10, 10:22 AM
nope, that effect would need to be hard coded from dev.

Aye, thats what I thought. Thanks.

Heh, keep having to turn down the volume when going to flank,( I aint gonna say that silly "extreme speed") and then back up again at lower speeds cause then I cant here the engine at all.:O:

DanBolivar
03-19-10, 10:16 AM
Your MOD seems to be halting the "Depth under Keel" command.

The officer doesn't reply verbally nor does the info show up in the message window.

:(

capthelm
03-19-10, 01:42 PM

The officer doesn't reply verbally nor does the info show up in the message window.

my audio mod does not adjust voice audio or commands.

no problems here running my mod.

PJMaybe
03-23-10, 05:45 PM
You, my friend, are a freakin' genius! :up:

Robert82285
03-23-10, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by DanBolivar http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1323720#post1323720)

Hi, folks I noticed a few postings of people having trouble executing the " Depth Under Kiel " command with this Mod (Capthelms Audio Mod). Please note that other Mod's can inflict with Capthelms, but I have not had any problems with this mod or the Execution of Depth Under Kiel, and I have been using it sense the mod has come out. Here is my list of installed Mods..

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9905/mymodsetupsh5.jpg

Please Note : If your having a problem with Depth Under Kiel chances are it is one of your sound add ons or a conflicting Mod either not compaitable or not placed proplery in JSGME acitvated Mods.

Thanks Capthelm great Mod !

t0maz
03-24-10, 06:11 PM
Thx for great Mod! :up:

Only one problem, I cannot hear motor_Diesel_LOOP.wav
File is in \Program Files (x86)\Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound I've checked that.
In game no diesel sound in diesel comparment.

When I've changed for some other (smaller?) file its works ok...

Fixed - solution is here! -> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1353385&postcount=85

Bramtyr
03-25-10, 09:55 PM
Wow, the demo sounds amazing. I can't wait to get SH5 finally running on my PC (on the fritz right now.)

What were you saying about the voices? Those sound effects cannot be replaced, or did I misunderstand? Anyways, I'm a graphic designer at a company downtown, and work with the audio production team. We have some great recording booths and veteran voice actors in frequently. One of them did work on Dark Void. I can buy him coffee and have him scream "ALARM!" or a few other choppy german phrases after a recording session. :P

John Channing
03-28-10, 07:32 AM
"Alarm" and "Flank Speed, Captain" would be nice!

JCC

The General
03-28-10, 07:44 AM
Great MOD :up:

Just a couple of observations; when entering the Forward Torpedo Compartment I notice the sound changes to an electrical hum. This is appropriate for the Electric Motor Compartment but not a busy Torpedo room. Is there a way to have more metallic clanging, the rattle of a chain-winch and whatnot instead?

Also, I think when you close the Deck access hatch in the Conning tower the sound switches to Electric Engines, even though the Diesels are still running (I think it's the same in stock SH5) . Not sure, something doesn't seem quite right :hmmm:

t0maz
04-04-10, 04:51 PM
Yeah.. I'm hear electrical huming sometimes in captains bed also.. or sonar station. Both sides but not in center of that compartment..

It's really strange and it looks like game bug for me.

Ps.
And there is no depth under keel problem with it - it is highly impossibe.
Maybe that helps -> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1353385&postcount=85

Able72
04-04-10, 06:31 PM

I'm using his mod and I'm not having that issue. Of course, perhaps his mod isn't working, but I don't think so.

t0maz
04-09-10, 06:26 AM
Ok, problems with diesel loop was because some other mod altered orginal sh.sdl in SH5\data\Sound.
Now works fine :rock:

Beause that mod not altering that file JSGME will not rise conflict and everything seems to be ok..

Maybe thats fix some other problems people have.
Maybe it will be good idea to include vanila sh.sdl to prevent such situatuions without JSGME warning and people confusion? :hmmm:

stalintc
04-09-10, 07:44 AM
I have done some detailed testing to do with the "depth under keel" and other officer shout outs not playing.

I can confirm that it most definatley has NOTHING to do with CaptHelms sound mod :DL. (Which is pretty obvious anyway as they are just sound files)

This issue occurs for me even without his mod installed. I have found a workaround for it however, just save and then reload, the sounds should now start playing. If the initial save and reload does not work try it once more. This works for me 100% of the time. This is more of a game bug than a MOD issue as far as I can tell from my testing, and looking for a workaround.

By the way CaptHelm, excellent job on this sound mod, cant bring myself to listen to the stock ones anymore. :up:

Cheers

capthelm
04-10-10, 12:12 AM
Great MOD :up:

Just a couple of observations; when entering the Forward Torpedo Compartment I notice the sound changes to an electrical hum. This is appropriate for the Electric Motor Compartment but not a busy Torpedo room. Is there a way to have more metallic clanging, the rattle of a chain-winch and whatnot instead?

Also, I think when you close the Deck access hatch in the Conning tower the sound switches to Electric Engines, even though the Diesels are still running (I think it's the same in stock SH5) . Not sure, something doesn't seem quite right :hmmm:

sorry cant help you, audio is hard coded ,playback is 1 audio file for both compartments. opted for the electrical hum

nope dev team would need to hard code audio for the torpedo room , and the loading sounds.

uboats could run electrical and disesels at same time. sh5 does not allow this in constant running.

however its the run down times and manual switching to electrical and vice versa they modelled

so you will hear both running for a small period .

The General
04-10-10, 07:41 AM
So, you will hear both running for a small period .Ok, thanks :)

typhoon
04-23-10, 02:00 PM
dadsfse

typhoon
04-23-10, 02:01 PM
Sorry that i written that

minett
04-28-10, 06:10 AM
this mod is fan bloody tastic thanks kindly :rock:

Capt Jack Harkness
04-30-10, 06:54 AM
Has anyone else noticed that SH5 no longer changes the pitch of the engine and motor sounds relative to speed like SH4 did? When changing telegraph the only noticeable change is the loudness of the engines/motors.

Does anyone know how to get the pitch bender back? I want to hear my diesels puttering along at minimum speed and screaming for mercy at maximum!

milky
05-16-10, 03:32 AM
Does this MOD work with 1.2?

UF582151
05-16-10, 09:06 AM
Yes,

it only overwrites sound files, it will work with any of the current game versions.

badaboom
05-17-10, 05:29 PM
Great immersion!!! Danke Kaptaine!!!

ingsoc84
05-18-10, 09:50 AM
Does this work with JGSME or is it an extract to the sound/data files?

Bleh
05-19-10, 03:00 PM
I used JSGME to enable it.

Thanks for some great work Capthelm :)

The General
05-20-10, 07:54 AM
How do we liven up the Sub when 'BattleStations' is called? At the moment it's like a library. Shhhh!

kylania
05-20-10, 08:05 AM
Has anyone else noticed that SH5 no longer changes the pitch of the engine and motor sounds relative to speed like SH4 did? When changing telegraph the only noticeable change is the loudness of the engines/motors.

Does anyone know how to get the pitch bender back? I want to hear my diesels puttering along at minimum speed and screaming for mercy at maximum!

My game does change engine sound based on speed, even stock.

scratch81
05-28-10, 06:32 PM
Can't pass this one up, thanks for the work. downloading.... now :salute:

Capt Jack Harkness
05-29-10, 01:15 AM
My game does change engine sound based on speed, even stock.

Well the motors do change volume and pitch, but from what I can tell, the diesels only change volume.

ingsoc84
05-29-10, 02:35 AM
I used Jsgme to enable, cant seem to get it to work.:yawn:

THE_MASK
05-29-10, 03:13 AM
I used Jsgme to enable, cant seem to get it to work.:yawn:Look for the folder SH5 and enable that one :salute:

Karasunx
06-15-10, 03:04 AM
Great mod, thank you very much :salute:

kiwi_2005
01-09-11, 01:30 AM
Downloading now :up:

zeron
02-06-11, 08:09 AM
Downloading now :up:
thanks

Loganrocks7
03-13-11, 12:38 PM
Downloading now, I have a good feeling about this mod for some strange reason..

Subwolf
03-18-11, 06:21 AM
Can't watch the UT video, says removed by user.

lsd
08-07-11, 11:30 PM
Just installed, definitely better than the default sound. Thanks

Magic1111
08-08-11, 03:04 AM
Just installed, definitely better than the default sound. Thanks

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard !!!:salute::salute::salute:

Poacher886
08-21-11, 05:12 AM
Im not sure this is working for me!! Can you install via JSGME as i have done??

Thanks

THE_MASK
08-21-11, 05:42 AM
Its not working because you have to install the folder that is directly before the data folder . I think for memory it is named SH5 for some reason .

Gerald
08-21-11, 05:45 AM

Poacher886
08-21-11, 06:07 AM
Its not working because you have to install the folder that is directly before the data folder . I think for memory it is named SH5 for some reason .

I installed via JSGME the folder "Capthelms Audio Mod", are you saying that i should have gone into that folder and installed the folder "SH5" ??

Thanks

Poacher886
08-21-11, 06:37 AM
That seems to have worked, though i dont hear any clock ticking and the diesel engines are very quiet while inside the boat (maybe this is correct!), i've noticed a bug, whereby if you enter either the Obs or Attack periscope you hear the engine sounds as if outside with them!.

If i switched off the engines i could hear the wind (sounds great) but not if the engines were on.

Im wondering if because my recent pack-up of my X-Fi sound card has ment i've resulted to on-board sound....pehaps im not hearing everything as i should?

mia389
08-21-11, 10:27 AM
That seems to have worked, though i dont hear any clock ticking and the diesel engines are very quiet while inside the boat (maybe this is correct!), i've noticed a bug, whereby if you enter either the Obs or Attack periscope you hear the engine sounds as if outside with them!.

If i switched off the engines i could hear the wind (sounds great) but not if the engines were on.

Im wondering if because my recent pack-up of my X-Fi sound card has ment i've resulted to on-board sound....pehaps im not hearing everything as i should?

Samething happens to me sometimes. If you change engine speed to half then back to what ever you had you will get your sounds back.

Poacher886
08-21-11, 10:46 AM
Yea, it seems a couple of glitches otherwise im impressed...i've now heard the wind (it had to be very windy) and i can hear alot more sounds when viewing the map.

Nemo500
10-07-11, 05:45 PM
Great mod! :)

U-190
05-31-21, 09:23 PM
i created a fine audio mod for SH5, its a lot more realistic, was a lot of work to do..

audio samples are of very high quality ..

enjoy all.

:yeah: DOWNLOAD link below

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mznhmvzjhz
Absolutely brilliant! :up: