PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Someway to change stations without first person moving

Able72
03-04-10, 01:09 PM
Ok, its a nice novelty, which lasted about 5 mins. I like being able to on occasion move about the sub. However, most of the time I much prefer the way we did things in SH3/4. Push a button and your at a given station.

So what I'm asking for is a mod that will do just that. Push a button and your manning the deck gun. Push a button and your at the Attack Scope or Observation scope etc.

Let me know if there are any takers. I'd be happy to help test it. Thanks.

DonZorro
03-05-10, 02:16 AM
Ok, its a nice novelty, which lasted about 5 mins. I like being able to on occasion move about the sub. However, most of the time I much prefer the way we did things in SH3/4. Push a button and your at a given station.

So what I'm asking for is a mod that will do just that. Push a button and your manning the deck gun. Push a button and your at the Attack Scope or Observation scope etc.

Let me know if there are any takers. I'd be happy to help test it. Thanks.

Yes, this would be my question too! :D:salute:

Wolfmanjack
03-05-10, 02:18 AM
oh god yes.. PLEASE !!! So dang annoying having to walk all over the place. Its great if you really are into the total realism thing. But for those who just like to go out and sink some ships for fun etc its a real pain.

kylania
03-05-10, 02:22 AM
I mostly just stay next to the attack scope anymore. If I need to get on Deck to look around I can and if I need to crash dive I'm already in the sub.

It's a pain having to walk over to the sonar station though. I'm convinced that little twerp isn't reporting things he should be able to. *I* can clearly hear screws, but he's like "Nothing there... so sorry".

UrPeaceKeeper
03-05-10, 02:23 AM
I'm not sure this is possible. TheDarkWraith and I's experience with converting the SH4 UI over to SH5 showed that the "teleport" options do not work anymore. While it does "teleport" you to some random location on the submarine, very rarely is it where you are supposed to be and it causes other issues.

You may be able to find someone who can do it, but from what I've seen so far, without more dedicated modding tools I dont forsee this happening. It would be nice however as more often then not I'd rather just teleport there rather than walk. Especially when it comes to showing your deck gun crew how to shoot...

:arrgh!:

kylania
03-05-10, 02:26 AM
Perhaps the key is to figure out what scripting command "moves" you into what Station and try to call that manually? Think we have control over the player avatar to move it that way?

karamazovnew
03-05-10, 03:32 AM
Because you're thrown back to the CR when ordering a crash dive, it means that "hot spots" are available. So yeah, it can be done. But that's not the real issue. You wouldn't NEED to run around like an idiot if you could give all the orders you need through a proper interface. :shifty:
I actually like part of the workflow of having to go to proper stations during an attack. And we can all see now how useful the Obs Scope is :haha: