PDA

View Full Version : Creating Custom Missions

LukeFF
03-04-10, 02:20 AM
Has anyone been successful at this yet? I've tried to create a test mission with just one submarine on the map, but it didn't work for me. A step-by-step guide would be nice. :)

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 02:27 AM
sure have. You want a test mission? I made one for GUI testing and one for testing with merchants, a troop ship, and an enemy sub. I call the latter my Deck_Gun_Training. I haven't been able to complete it though, I keep getting blasted by enemy guns that kill me.

kylania
03-04-10, 02:27 AM
I was just doing the same, but can't seem to figure out how to load it in game? I've made the *.tsr file, put it in the SingleMissions folder, but I'm not seeing any way of accessing them in game.

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 02:29 AM
when you use the mission editor, you have to save the file as a mission type. Then when you load the game you'll find it under historical missions. I'll upload my Deck_Gun_Training one I made so you all can look at it.

sergei
03-04-10, 02:30 AM
Yeah I'm having real problems with this.
SH 3 or 4 I just jumped right in and it seemed to be self explanatory.
I'm just not getting this one.

kylania
03-04-10, 02:36 AM
I'm so confused. First it saved it as a *.mis/*.tsr now it's saving as *.misge? o.O

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 02:37 AM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.filefront.com/15736359/SM_DeckGunTraining_TheDarkWraith.7z

look at the files contained then open with the mission editor. There's a key file involved when making your own missions - the project file. You'll see it in the files I included.
Unzip to MODS folder - JSGME ready.

When you enable it, you'll find it under 'Historical Missions' labeled as 'Deck_Gun_Training'

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 02:38 AM
I'm so confused. First it saved it as a *.mis/*.tsr now it's saving as *.misge? o.O

Yes, you have to save it as a .misge for it to be usable. It makes no sense to me either. Also you have to place it in the \data\SingleMissions folder. See my link I posted with my Deck_Gun_Training single mission for example of file layout and placement.

kylania
03-04-10, 02:42 AM
I obviously didn't include enough in my missions since you're worked just fine! :)

When I open yours, there's no missions in the editor. When I try to make my own, it doesn't show up. if you're bored mind making a step by step tutorial for how to make a mission with a Liberty Cargo that steams East with a single player sub waiting for it? :)

LukeFF
03-04-10, 02:56 AM
I'm getting there now, but I can't figure out how to save the file with the .misge extension. How do I do this?

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 02:59 AM
I'm getting there now, but I can't figure out how to save the file with the .misge extension. How do I do this?

press the 'Save as Game Mission button' - the second disk icon in the toolbar in the Mission Editor 2. Ensure location is in the SingleMissions folder.

LukeFF
03-04-10, 03:01 AM
press the 'Save as Game Mission button' - the second disk icon in the toolbar in the Mission Editor 2. Ensure location is in the SingleMissions folder.

I'm doing that, but all I see is an option to save the file as a .mis file. :88)

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 03:03 AM
I'm doing that, but all I see is an option to save the file as a .mis file. :88)

how did you create your new single mission? You have to click File-->New Project. Then you have to click File-->Add New Mission. Once you have 'defined' you new mission you can save it as described. At least that's how I did it.
Don't forget to save your project also!! If you don't you won't be able to edit your single mission. Then you'll have to make a new project and add your previous single mission to it (PITA).

LukeFF
03-04-10, 03:11 AM
You have to click File-->New Project. Then you have to click File-->Add New Mission. Once you have 'defined' you new mission you can save it as described. At least that's how I did it.

That's exactly how I'm doing it, yet all I get is the .mis extension option.

Grr....

kylania
03-04-10, 03:11 AM
If you use the button it saves as *.mis if you use File.. Save as Game Mission.. it saves as *.misge

Neither seem to work for my, what should be moronicly simply, mission. :(

Edit: Doing it as described about finally worked. However I put my sub and ship so far apart I couldn't find the ship! I give up. :P heh Thanks for the help!

LukeFF
03-04-10, 03:23 AM
Well, I got a workaround at the moment - save the file with the .mis extension, open the file in notepad, and save it as a .misge file. Would still like to know, though, how to do this in the editor.

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 03:25 AM
just tried to make another single mission and failed. I'll look into making another one tomorrow.

basti107
03-04-10, 04:22 AM
hmmm many things clear so far...
but...
how do i enable a playable submarine?
cannot find it...

edit: ahh, the second sub-type can be set to human controlled instead of ai.

TheDarkWraith
03-04-10, 10:01 AM
yeah the game may be highly moddable but until you know how to use the included tools it's not going to happen real soon. There's no documentation on anything.