PDA

View Full Version : are you ready to start making sh5 mods?

Webster
10-20-09, 02:04 PM
yes i know its way too early for the mods but its not too early to start planning for them so i created the sticky thread for sh5 mods and info.

the thread will be used to group the upcoming flood of mods for the new SH5 game as well as tactical and technical advice and resources.

when the game is released the thread will be unlocked and i will start populating the list as mods become available.

as seen with the other forums we cannot list every mod so the most popular will get posted and the others will have to be found through a general search of the SH5 downloads section using the link provided.

any hints, tips, or suggestions are welcomed to make the thread better so post any suggestions you have so we can discuss them here.

any imput on better links to use is welcomed as well since new technical info links are going to be needed.

im doing this now so we can start gathering technical data and info for those threads and to be better prepared to help those who will volunteer to create the technical tutorials and modding instructions that will be needed for the game.

JU_88
10-20-09, 03:04 PM
Way too early really, but for what its worth im working on completing a bunch of Aircraft (about 15 types in total, excluding variants) that I worked on for GWX 4 -before it got canned.
I will somehow build an air mod for SHV to include which ever aircraft the Devs neglect due to time or licensing restrictions.

I want all to get all the really essential ATO theatre aircraft into SH5 one way or another.
Many dont care about ACs much, but they are big deal for me.
Since they sank almost half the U-boat force, they deserve the fairest representation possible

I only know that the Mosquito is SH5 at present.

Anyway If anyone is intrested in contributing (model & skinning wise for now) - feel free to send me a PM.

Sailor Steve
10-20-09, 03:43 PM
Good idea Webster! Once the game is released it probably will be a mess with all the mods coming out. Best be prepared in advance.:rock:

Webster
10-20-09, 03:44 PM
Way too early really, but for what its worth im working on completing a bunch of Aircraft (about 15 types in total, excluding variants) that I worked on for GWX 4 -before it got canned.
I will somehow build an air mod for SHV to include which ever aircraft the Devs neglect due to time or licensing restrictions.

I want all to get all the really essential ATO theatre aircraft into SH5 one way or another.
Many dont care about ACs much, but they are big deal for me.
Since they sank almost half the U-boat force, they deserve the fairest representation possible

I only know that the Mosquito is SH5 at present.

Anyway If anyone is intrested in contributing (model & skinning wise for now) - feel free to send me a PM.

i spend as much time out of my sub as in it so i love all the eye candy and its very important to me to see it done accurately and done well.

its too early for mods but its never too early to start gathering data, models, technical specs, and things like that so you have the resources in place to start building or modding aircraft, ships, harbor craft, mines, debris fields, and whatever.

even though we dont know what will or wont be in sh5 we can get the background data to confirm or correct the data of what is there and be one step ahead in being ready to create whats needed.

you probably have all the data and resources you need because of your gwx work but others dont so you could offer your resources to others if its something you no longer need or want for yourself. and lining up help for your mods is part of getting an early start too.

i would offer my help but i have no clue about 3d modeling or textures or anything like that so im sure i would be useless to you.

i guess im hoping to somehow put together stuff you can use in your efforts for modding sh5

JU_88
10-20-09, 04:56 PM
i spend as much time out of my sub as in it so i love all the eye candy and its very important to me to see it done accurately and done well.

its too early for mods but its never too early to start gathering data, models, technical specs, and things like that so you have the resources in place to start building or modding aircraft, ships, harbor craft, mines, debris fields, and whatever.

even though we dont know what will or wont be in sh5 we can get the background data to confirm or correct the data of what is there and be one step ahead in being ready to create whats needed.

you probably have all the data and resources you need because of your gwx work but others dont so you could offer your resources to others if its something you no longer need or want for yourself. and lining up help for your mods is part of getting an early start too.

i would offer my help but i have no clue about 3d modeling or textures or anything like that so im sure i would be useless to you.

i guess im hoping to somehow put together stuff you can use in your efforts for modding sh5

My only resources are 3DSMAX, Photoshop and google.... :D
Thats all need to build models.
So i dont have a stash of anything much, but if someone looking for something in particular I will try to help however i can.

Agreed that for the 3d artists amongst us, the sooner we learn of what the SHV Roster contains - the better.
but (reality check) we wont know the full list until release, when everyone will simply be playing the game
At this point in time I doubt the Devs have even come close to finalizing the roster themselves.
And even if they did its far too early to expect them dicuss details.

In terms of NPC Units, all we can really do is build obscure stuff that the devs probably wont include.
Ill bet that half the stuff I have will be duplicated anyway jsut beacuse they are obvious candidates for a U-boat sim.

No real modding will begin until god know how long after release anyway.
Im no modder but i appreciate that it takes a long time....

Play game
Find bugs in game
Game Patched
Play game some more
and some more
Figure out what is missing?
Explore files & possibilies (experiment)
Start working on mod.

Will take 1-2 years for the level of modding to reach the standards we have now for SH3 and Sh4.

THE_MASK
10-20-09, 09:02 PM
The same structure as with the other forums works well .
[REL]
[WIP]
etc. The downloads section needs cleaning up a bit and catagorised[sp] so i can actually find mods .

Webster
10-21-09, 12:05 AM
The same structure as with the other forums works well .
[REL]
[WIP]
etc. The downloads section needs cleaning up a bit and catagorised[sp] so i can actually find mods .

well i covered prefixes in the "read before posting" sticky: (i guess if its on the mods list page it will be seen more so i'll put it there too)

Thread Prefix Guidelines:

If you are posting a "work in progress" thread then start the thread title with [WIP]

If you are posting a "mod release" thread then start the thread title with [REL]

If you are posting a "tutorial" or "technical info" thread then start the thread title with [TEC]

If you are posting a "request" thread then start the thread title with [REQ]

are you talking about cleaning up the download section at subsim or my list?

Dowly
10-21-09, 12:31 AM
...but for what its worth im working on completing a bunch of Aircraft (about 15 types in total, excluding variants) that I worked on for GWX 4 -before it got canned.

Sounds great! Another good reason to wait for SH5. Best of luck, mate. :yeah:

JScones
10-21-09, 01:52 AM
I have extensive information on Allied shipping (merchant and warship) and RAAF movements in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Includes routes between UK/US/NZ and all major ports in Australia; the Australian coastal convoy system and associated convoy rules (max speed, zig zag rules etc etc all based on actual Defence Orders); anti-submarine RAAF units/strengths/tactics/locations; Task Force movements (RN, RAN and USN) and much more (even related Dutch movements).

Detailed ship plans - Bathurst Class, Fairmile and a few others as well.

All gathered by me when I was in the GWX team working with BBW on the Indian campaign, so anyone who's played GWX will be familiar with the level of detail involved (down to things like Operations Jaywick and Rimau, the Japanese "invasion" of Australia, and the "combined" search for U-862). Happy to share it with any rising campaign file experts...only pre-requisite is recognising that Australia and Britain have separate rosters for a reason. ;)

JScones
10-21-09, 01:53 AM
BTW, in http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157472 you've linked to a previous version of JSGME. Latest is v2.3.0 - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156898

PL_Andrev
10-21-09, 04:02 AM
Great idea, but we don't know how many elements of SH5 will be modable... (see SH4+UBM). I hope that it will be possible to create a mod to use different AXIS/ALLIES submarine for single/multi game, playing surface ships... and DC2 mod - hunt human's submarines by human DDs...
:rock:

Webster
10-21-09, 10:05 AM
BTW, in you've linked to a previous version of JSGME. Latest is v2.3.0 -

taken care of :up:

you are a good example of what i had in mind, as long as we let everyone know who has info to share and where to get it, we can all start off with a library of resources as it were when we begin to mod sh5.

i have a feeling that very much of the sh3 research and background stuff collected over the years will be very usefull and needed by new wave of modders for sh5 and why make then look under rocks to find it if we can help them?

i would also like to keep the open feeling of freely shared information about the mods and moddding technics so we all can get the most diversity in mods so we get the best game we can have.

as long as stand alone mods are there then we have the most choice to customize the game better to our own individual tastes.

lets face it we all have very different ideas for what we like and dont like and on realism and whats realistic. we often have different ideas for just how far to take the game in those directions so while you may like your sub rocking and rolling, if it makes me sea sick then i dont want to be forced to put up with it just to use your other mods.

i would like to take this oportunity to ask all those who will make mods for sh5 to do a stand alone version of any mod or moddification to the game that they do as long as it can be done.

haegemon
10-22-09, 08:50 PM
Too early!! we don't know yet what the game has, and what the game needs. But thinking in the possibility to migrate all vessels modeled into this new enviroment, and judging on the screenshots, I realise the quality of maps in our "old" models is "cheap" compared to the new engine. That needs a rework.

We will have more range to view. Now it's time to model units we shouldn't expect. Maybe landmarks, buildings, tanks, trucks, trains, planes and ships from non-beligerant countries. There's a lot of planes, ships from many flags, tactic bombers, level bombers, fighters, transport planes, paratropers, tubboats, port services, firefight boats, 3d models to add more live to the world while cruissing. In real world a sumbarine could be seen from unspected places while cruising near the coast.

Tomi_099
10-26-09, 09:04 AM
yes i know its way too early for the mods but its not too early to start planning for them so i created the sticky thread for sh5 mods and info.

the thread will be used to group the upcoming flood of mods for the new SH5 game as well as tactical and technical advice and resources.

when the game is released the thread will be unlocked and i will start populating the list as mods become available.

as seen with the other forums we cannot list every mod so the most popular will get posted and the others will have to be found through a general search of the SH5 downloads section using the link provided.

any hints, tips, or suggestions are welcomed to make the thread better so post any suggestions you have so we can discuss them here.

any imput on better links to use is welcomed as well since new technical info links are going to be needed.

im doing this now so we can start gathering technical data and info for those threads and to be better prepared to help those who will volunteer to create the technical tutorials and modding instructions that will be needed for the game.

###############################

:up:

Webster Is A Good idea!

If you want a hyperlink or need.
I am always ready for a good cooperation.
And if you read the guys UBIS.

Webster
11-09-09, 12:45 PM
###############################

:up:

Webster Is A Good idea!

If you want a hyperlink or need.
I am always ready for a good cooperation.
And if you read the guys UBIS.