PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait!!

Méo
10-19-09, 10:00 AM
Hi there,

It's the first thread i post here but i played SH3 since 2005 and i'm a big fan of GWX Team and by now there's so many things i just can't wait:

Can't wait to see more screenshots and game footage of SH5.

Can't wait for SH5 to come out.

Can't wait (and hope) for GWX team to fit the new SH5 for hardcore subsimers.

Can't wait to get a new rig.

Can't wait to spend a whole weekend playing it while eating fast food.

Can't wait to make a surface night attack on convoy (hopefully with wolfpack).

Can't wait to feel the tension of ASDIC and see the crew reaction.

Really can't wait... :wah:

Do you guys feel the same :DL

GoldenRivet
10-19-09, 11:01 AM
Yup

EgoApocalypse
10-19-09, 12:59 PM
yurp

Webster
10-19-09, 02:06 PM

sorry to tell you but there is no more gwx team and it wont be doing anything for sh5.

they are now retired and moving on so you will need to look for a new set of modders and mod teams to improve the game.

you can read about it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583

Méo
10-19-09, 02:14 PM
It may seems a bit loser to wait to spend a weekend alone in front of a screen but i been working 50 hours/week all summer long and i did a lot of renovation at my place, so i'm looking foward to have time for myself.

In the meantime i hope ubi can show us some in-game footage or other screenshots. All i saw is concept art and pictures from norway, it would be really cool to see a periscope view or a u-boat riding a huge wave in an Atlantic storm:arrgh!:

oh, by the way, sorry for misspelling, i'm not used to write in english

oscar19681
10-19-09, 03:52 PM
Hi there,

It's the first thread i post here but i played SH3 since 2005 and i'm a big fan of GWX Team and by now there's so many things i just can't wait:

Can't wait to see more screenshots and game footage of SH5.

Can't wait for SH5 to come out.

Can't wait to get a new rig.

Can't wait to spend a whole weekend playing it while eating fast food.

Can't wait to make a surface night attack on convoy (hopefully with wolfpack).

Can't wait to feel the tension of ASDIC and see the crew reaction.

you forgot one

Cant wait for the soup

JU_88
10-19-09, 05:04 PM
sorry to tell you but there is no more gwx team and it wont be doing anything for sh5.

they are now retired and moving on so you will need to look for a new set of modders and mod teams to improve the game.

you can read about it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583

Exactly.
Im proud to have been a part of what GWX managed to pull off, butthe team only made up a small proportion of the modders in the SH community.

So to rephrase:
"can't wait (and hope) for the Modding community to fit the new SH5 for hardcore subsimers"

There are many many other highly talented folks here, and on top of that, new game = new meat.
There will DEFINATLY be some super cool super mods for SH5, they just wont have our filthy paw prints all over it. :up:

JU_88
10-19-09, 05:11 PM
Double post damn it!

subvers4
10-19-09, 05:23 PM
Yes MEO, all of the above, especially looking forward to the soup ! And welcome to the forum :yeah:

Sailor Steve
10-19-09, 07:19 PM
No, I don't agree that I can't wait. I have to wait, and so do you. So I can wait, and I will.

Just getting pragmatic in my old age. And realistic. And dogmatic. And idiosyncratic. And phlegmatic. And thematic. And sarcastic.

But who's counting?

TarJak
10-19-09, 07:22 PM
I'm with Steve. I'm waiting I've been waiting all my life and will continue to do so until something comes along.:DL

mookiemookie
10-19-09, 08:32 PM
I'm actually getting more cynical as I get older and am starting to realize that the thrill of anticipation is far better than the inevitable disappointment of the real thing. :03:

So I can wait.

Méo
10-20-09, 12:43 AM
No, I don't agree that I can't wait. I have to wait, and so do you. So I can wait, and I will.

What i meant is that the first time i saw SH5 in subsim news was (i think) in mid-september 2008, (13 months ago) and it seems to me that there is still very little concrete info right now and it's getting kind of ''harder'' to be patient, just to know that wolfpacks are definitely in this time would be enough to keep me waiting one more year.

But i don't mean to urge the devs, i do appreciate a lot that SH5 is another u-boat sim.

mookiemookie: i understand your point :up:

Yes MEO, all of the above, especially looking forward to the soup ! And welcome to the forum :yeah:

Thanks! :DL

JScones
10-20-09, 01:37 AM

<snip>

No. Frankly, if the biggest excitement of my life revolved around a computer game--any computer game--I'd be seriously concerned.

Rothwell white
10-20-09, 01:38 AM
Is there a release date for SH5

Méo
10-20-09, 01:40 AM

I already read Kpt. Lehmann (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=220755)'s post (but not the whole thread), it might be misinterpretation but i thought that it was not impossible for them to dive into the adventure once again with SH5 (We do reserve the right to hold the titles "The Grey Wolves Project" and/or "GWX" for future consideration...). I was thinking: ''they are maybe taking a break for the moment and don't want to make any promises. Maybe some members are going to leave and others will be willing to join''

If the whole GWX Team have completely been disbanded forever, then it's a very sad news. :cry:

But i understand that familial obligations are more important.

Maybe we did not enough support them...

I made a donation to subsim (Neal surely needs and deserve it) but i never made one for GWX... If i paid 40$ for SH3, GWX would surely deserve at least 20$ ?

Maybe it's not only a question of money. :cry:

Méo
10-20-09, 01:48 AM
No. Frankly, if the biggest excitement of my life revolved around a computer game--any computer game--I'd be seriously concerned.

Where do i say it's the biggest excitement of my life???

You might be reading too far into it :nope:

You wrote over 4 000 post here and tell me my life revolve around a computer???

It's always easier to blame others than look into yourself.

JScones
10-20-09, 01:59 AM
OK, let me rephrase it then if you can't make the obvious connection: if my life is such that I can't wait for a computer game to be released, then I'd be seriously concerned. Better?

No need to answer, this is my opinion in response to your question and I stand by it.

Méo
10-20-09, 03:13 AM
I admit i got carried away with that, but you know JScones there is nothing wrong with being passionate...

Don't you remember : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156464&page=5

JScones
10-20-09, 03:51 AM
I think you mean: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1176621#post1176621

But at what point does passion become obsession? :hmmm: The line is fine. ;)

BTW, you seem to be taking my opinion personally - you asked if others felt the same as you and I wrote that I would be concerned if I did. Nothing more to read into it. Just a differing opinion, and one every bit as valid as yours. :up:

JU_88
10-20-09, 04:26 AM
OK, let me rephrase it then if you can't make the obvious connection: if my life is such that I can't wait for a computer game to be released, then I'd be seriously concerned. Better?

No need to answer, this is my opinion in response to your question and I stand by it.

@JScones.
We can use the phrase "I cant wait" to express anticipation for anything (no matter how beig or small) without it nessecarily translating as being the most exciting prospect in our lives.
He is just saying he is looking forward to SHV it (as many of us are.)

I understand your opinion perfectly, but you could easily have worded it without insinuating that the guy has no life.

Not very cool mate.

JScones
10-20-09, 04:31 AM
@JScones.
We can use the phrase "I cant wait" to express anticipation for anything (no matter how beig or small) without it nessecarily translating as being the most exciting prospect in our lives.

I understand your opinion perfectly, but you could easily have worded it without insinuating that the guy has no life.

Not very cool mate.
Most don't "cry" though...

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm not obsessing about it like some here seem to be. That's fine, it's their life, much like it's my life not to obsess about it. Berating me for that is not very cool mate. ;) Reread my post #20.

JU_88
10-20-09, 04:36 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm not obsessing about it like some here seem to be. That's fine, it's their life, much like it's my life not to obsess about it. Berating me for that is not very cool mate. ;)

Sorry whos crying exactly Jaeson?
look Im not getting embroiled in a petty flame war over it,

Im only talking about having a tiny bit of consideration, thats all.
But do what you like man.

JScones
10-20-09, 04:43 AM
Seems you are ;)

Pls excuse me for not joining in.

JU_88
10-20-09, 04:50 AM
Seems you are ;)

Pls excuse me for not joining in.

Very mature..
whatever.

Sailor Steve
10-20-09, 11:43 AM
What i meant is that the first time i saw SH5 in subsim news was (i think) in mid-september 2008, (13 months ago) and it seems to me that there is still very little concrete info right now and it's getting kind of ''harder'' to be patient, just to know that wolfpacks are definitely in this time would be enough to keep me waiting one more year.
I apologize for making my comments sound like an attack. I know full well that the phrase "I can't wait" really means "I know I have to but it's driving me crazy - I want it NOW!"

And I agree, the anticipation can have me biting my nails. It was meant in a lighthearted vein, if not actually a joke.

But wait we must. <sigh>:wah:

Webster
10-20-09, 11:48 AM
I already read Kpt. Lehmann (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=220755)'s post (but not the whole thread), it might be misinterpretation but i thought that it was not impossible for them to dive into the adventure once again with SH5 (We do reserve the right to hold the titles "The Grey Wolves Project" and/or "GWX" for future consideration...). I was thinking: ''they are maybe taking a break for the moment and don't want to make any promises. Maybe some members are going to leave and others will be willing to join''

well only they can speak to the future but its my understanding they only want to keep control over the name and past work of gwx so nobody cheapens their work or in some way takes it in a direction they do not approve of.

sort of a "we retain the rights to our mod name, files, and how they are used" kind of thing. i think we all understand and agree with that desire.

as individuals they will (i hope) give us some future advice, or even a small mod here or there but i doubt we will see a team effort unless its a new team with a new name that moght have former gwx team members in it. my guess is they will most likely take on the role of coaches on the sidelines passing on info and advice to the next generation.

rest assured there are very talented modders to step in and you will have many mod choices for sh5

Webster
10-20-09, 12:22 PM
I admit i got carried away with that, but you know JScones there is nothing wrong with being passionate...

Méo sees that his light hearted attempt to exagerate his angst about having to wait wasnt seen for what it was meant to be so he learned a valuable lesson not to ask if others share his feelings about something or someone may not resist making a rude comment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm not obsessing about it like some here seem to be. That's fine, it's their life, much like it's my life not to obsess about it. Berating me for that is not very cool mate. ;) Reread my post #20.

JScones, you could have resisted the urge to say it the way you did. if you are honest with yourself you will see where there was no need to take the shot, especially when its directed at a new member who just joined the site and is obviously very excited about the game.

i think we can all remember the old saying "if you have nothing nice to say then its sometimes better to say nothing at all"

Sorry whos crying exactly Jaeson?

Im only talking about having a tiny bit of consideration, thats all.
But do what you like man.

Méo did use the crying smiley but there still was no cause to take that literally, thank you for standing up for a new member :up:

Now that all 3 of you have expressed your opinions on this, lets move on please.

thank you

Méo
10-20-09, 12:33 PM
@JScones.

Not very cool mate.

Exactly!

Thanks JU, i've always liked your comments (especially those on wolfpacks :up:)

About the crying smiley i didn't know it had to be taken seriously.

Webster
10-20-09, 12:40 PM
About the crying smiley i didn't know it had to be taken seriously.

they usually arent, they are there to add humor or convey emotion depending on how they are used.

Méo
10-20-09, 12:58 PM
To:

-WEBSTER
-JU_88
-Sailor Steve

Thank you ALL!

You did very well in expressing what i really meant :up: