PDA

View Full Version : Das boot makes you want sh5 more?

cjbeattie
09-16-09, 05:31 PM
Just wondered if i was the only nutter out there...

The other night i had some time to pass so I decided to watch a wee bit of 'Das boot'..

A wee bit turned into the whole film :DL

3 hours later I was dreaming of sh5 and almost felt what I did as a child before christmas !

Patience is needed here :)

I ran SHIII with gmx mod and had the 'das boot' music and it was pretty close ! (but no cigar) i hope SH5 fills the Void..

Do you guys pine for it more after watching das boot?

:rock:make it good development team ! 'das boot' and my warped brain is counting on it !:rock:

Rapt0r56
09-16-09, 05:35 PM
I feel the same like you, thats why i'm creating my "Das Boot" Sound Addon,
to shorten the product-time till SHV is coming. And to give us many wonderful hours with Silent Hunter 3. :up:

FIREWALL
09-16-09, 05:37 PM
ME TOO !!!:up:

Task Force
09-16-09, 05:40 PM
I look foward to sh5... but I hope they dont ruin it to get more people to play...:yep:

karamazovnew
09-16-09, 05:41 PM
Why do you think I cleaned the dust off my SH3 box after 2 years without playing it? I blame Das Boot for SH3 and Run Silent Run Deep for SH4 :haha:

mookiemookie
09-16-09, 05:43 PM
A wee bit turned into the whole film :DL

3 hours later I was dreaming of sh5 and almost felt what I did as a child before christmas !

If you were a true nutter you would have watched the uncut 5 hour long version! :ping::arrgh!:

cjbeattie
09-16-09, 06:01 PM
lol thank god for that :)

5 hours ! :DL

your a true nutter :)

phewwww:salute:

oscar19681
09-16-09, 08:02 PM
5 hours? Must have been das boot the uncut version. I feel the same like you as well. When i watch das boot i replay all the underwater scenes a couple of times before moving on with the rest of the movie. I just cant help myself. Also the scene where they make the first test dive and tease the war correspondant. Its just golden!

karamazovnew
09-16-09, 08:10 PM
The 5 hour series only has some extra "juicy" dialogue. I'm almost glad they left out some of the scenes in the movie version. :haha:

renthewog
09-16-09, 08:41 PM
I love das boot, and i've watched the director's cut version (3 hours) over n over again, just bought the 5 hour one on ebay..so 2 hours more! sweet! just when i thought it could'nt get better...So what other good scenes is there in the uncut version to look forward too? :DL

karamazovnew
09-16-09, 08:44 PM
-:hmmm: some talk of masturbation.
-Some talk of sex.
-Some more swearing.
-Some talk of being afraid to die
-Some talk about missing the wife

:hmmm: Not that much really.

oscar19681
09-17-09, 09:02 AM
I love das boot, and i've watched the director's cut version (3 hours) over n over again, just bought the 5 hour one on ebay..so 2 hours more! sweet! just when i thought it could'nt get better...So what other good scenes is there in the uncut version to look forward too? :DL

I esspecially like the extra external underwater scenes in the uncut version. Something i have mimiced many times in sh-3

mookiemookie
09-17-09, 10:03 AM

If I'm remembering the differences correctly: You find out a little more about Der Alte's fiance, Der Alte's conversation with Thomsen is extended, there's a scene in the beginning with Ullman and his pregnant girlfriend and another one as they're leaving port, Der Alte suspects that the Weser crew may be spies...amongst others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Rapt0r56
09-17-09, 07:19 PM
I look foward to sh5... but I hope they dont ruin it to get more people to play...:yep:Exactly my Point of View, it should not be intresting for everyone that decided to drive a Sub with Hollywood Action and lots of Explosions, it should be for Subsimmers that love's U-Boats and the Technology, Atmosphere on it. :ping:

renthewog
09-19-09, 09:08 PM
If I'm remembering the differences correctly: You find out a little more about Der Alte's fiance, Der Alte's conversation with Thomsen is extended, there's a scene in the beginning with Ullman and his pregnant girlfriend and another one as they're leaving port, Der Alte suspects that the Weser crew may be spies...amongst others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

So...just extra dialogue for 2 hours but no more action scenes? or U-boat operations etc..? damn..ah well still look forward to it, any excuse to watch das boot again is a good one..lol should be arriving in the mail shortly i hope! :DL

nattydread
09-19-09, 11:20 PM
Das Boot makes me want to shave :hmmm:

gutted
09-20-09, 01:52 AM
If you were a true nutter you would have watched the uncut 5 hour long version! :ping::arrgh!:

thats the version i have. the extended director's edition.

since the news of SHV, i've been eyeballing it on my DVD shelf. just haven't had the time to pop it in. will probably watch it again soon. :DL

Ouch!
09-20-09, 02:22 AM
I've just invested in a Blu-Ray player....I wonder when DAS BOOT will be out on that format???

It would be cool if the blu-ray and SH5 came out together....I would submerge for weeks and the wife wouldn't see me. :yeah:

gutted
09-20-09, 11:56 AM
I watched the first disk this morning. Up until just after the convoy night surface attack.

Anyone ever watch this with the english dub overs? i tried once, and didn't care for it. Seems to lose some of its character. I just use the english subtitles instead. I understand abit of german, and can get the overall gist of things.. but not enough for a thorough understanding.

renthewog
09-20-09, 06:50 PM
I watched the first disk this morning. Up until just after the convoy night surface attack.

Anyone ever watch this with the english dub overs? i tried once, and didn't care for it. Seems to lose some of its character. I just use the english subtitles instead. I understand abit of german, and can get the overall gist of things.. but not enough for a thorough understanding.

Haha..yeah the first time i ever watched it was with the english dubbed over it..was pretty bad dubbing, so re-watched the whole movie a while later in german, and im gonna keep it that way now. lol