CapitanPiluso
09-01-09, 10:33 AM
hi, I know this is a dummie question but here I go

How can I minimize the game while playing?? Couldn't find the right key :damn:

THX a lot

ExMachina
09-02-09, 06:49 AM
one way would be to change display settings to windowed mode

not sure if you can minimize from full screen?

Bullethead
09-02-09, 09:02 AM
As ExMachina says, the best way to minimize the game is to run it in a window (which can be resized as desired). Do this in the display options where you set your in-game resolution--one of the options on the list is window.

If you're in full-screen mode, ALT-TAB will minimize the game. Be warned, however that most 3D games don't like to be minimized from full-screen and might not come back up correctly. This depends a lot on your hardware, what else you've got going on your system at the time that made you minimize the game, and what was going on in the game itself at the time you minimized it. So sometimes it might come back OK, sometimes it'll be hosed and you'll have to exit it.

CapitanPiluso
09-02-09, 09:07 PM
Thx for your quick answers.
I tried ALT TAB but doesn't seem to work, so I'll go for the windowed mode

ExMachina
09-02-09, 09:19 PM
actually, i just learned that you can hit the "windows" key on your keyboard (usually next to the alt key) and that will minimize full screen.

Bullethead
09-03-09, 03:44 PM
actually, i just learned that you can hit the "windows" key on your keyboard (usually next to the alt key) and that will minimize full screen.

Hehehe, I just have a hole in my keyboard where the Windows key used to be. I pulled it out by the roots with a pair of pliers because I kept hitting it accidentally while typing.

ExMachina
09-03-09, 03:55 PM
pliers, eh? well that's one way to hack an OS :yeah:

alexsmith
09-04-09, 10:16 AM
Hehehe, I just have a hole in my keyboard where the Windows key used to be. I pulled it out by the roots with a pair of pliers because I kept hitting it accidentally while typing.
Funny. I also do that with every new keyboard :)

Raptor1
09-04-09, 10:24 AM
Hmm, I find the windows key extremely useful, I would never pull it out, ever!

*pets his windows key* Don't worry, I won't let the bad people get you...