PDA

View Full Version : Mod requests?

Torvald Von Mansee
09-01-09, 10:09 AM
In the SH5 wishlist thread, I thought about adding this suggestion:

A historical order of battle and list of merchantmen, and perhaps scripted battles which could be affected by the absence of ships you may have sunk. That way you might have an actual effect on the course of the war.

Than I thought: "Well, that's a bit beyond the scope of the game designers, perhaps I should put it to the inevitable modders?"

Anyway, that is my request.

FIREWALL
09-01-09, 10:15 AM
I'm only concerned with winning one war. WWIII. :haha:

Jimbuna
09-01-09, 12:36 PM
Anything that led to eventual victory for the axis would be totally off putting and unrealistic IMO.

It might be one thing to alter the course of a small invasion (Norway for example) or a convoy battle, but to change the ultimate outcome of the war :hmmm:

Highbury
09-02-09, 03:43 AM
Anything that led to eventual victory for the axis would be totally off putting and unrealistic IMO.

It might be one thing to alter the course of a small invasion (Norway for example) or a convoy battle, but to change the ultimate outcome of the war :hmmm:

Yeah it is a sticky area. I love realism so if I sink HMS Nelson for example, I don't want to run into Nelson 6 months later. At the same time though, with the unrealistic numbers of ships we usually end up sinking it could certainly have a detrimental effect on a realistic outcome to the war in a "dynamic" campaign.

I know I don't have the answer myself, but certainly recognize the problem.

Jimbuna
09-02-09, 06:03 AM
Yeah it is a sticky area. I love realism so if I sink HMS Nelson for example, I don't want to run into Nelson 6 months later. At the same time though, with the unrealistic numbers of ships we usually end up sinking it could certainly have a detrimental effect on a realistic outcome to the war in a "dynamic" campaign.

I know I don't have the answer myself, but certainly recognize the problem.

Further evidence of how it is good to debate such topics http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Webster
09-02-09, 01:37 PM
Further evidence of how it is good to debate such topics http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

i think this could be the perfect choice for the games option menu, besides your choice of realism settings you could have the choice to have your actions impact the outcome of the war or to follow the historical patterns.

two equally enticing scenerios im my opinion

rosentorf
09-02-09, 01:47 PM
i think this could be the perfect choice for the games option menu, besides your choice of realism settings you could have the choice to have your actions impact the outcome of the war or to follow the historical patterns.

two equally enticing scenerios im my opinion

It would give the whole game experience a nice change to have a non-historical campaign based on the own victories. But I would suggest to replace the axis and allies in that option with somewhat fictional sides.

Hitler must not win this war...ever!

--rosentorf

Torvald Von Mansee
09-06-09, 10:21 PM
Well, truth be told, a single boat couldn't affect the outcome of the war.

Of course, a single kaluen couldn't essentially roll back time until he gets everything "perfect." He could indeed wipe out every single capital ship in the RN if he worked on it.