PDA

View Full Version : Two years to play the game.....

TDK1044
08-31-09, 08:45 AM
So the Mayan calendar predicts the end of the world on December 21 2012. If we assume the release of Silent Hunter 5 at the end of march 2010, then that gives us 2 years and 9 months of play time. Take away the 9 months because of the inevitable patching, and we have 2 years to enjoy, bitch, whine and complain about the game before we all CTD in December 2012.

So my first question is did Ubisoft design the Mayan calendar? If they did then we can all relax. If they didn't, then why are they teasing us with a brand new kick ass game when we only have 2 years to live? Is this some kind of French revenge because of our past behaviour?

This issue clearly needs looking into. Why should I pay full price for a game that I'm only going to get to play for 2 years? It's a disgrace! Those greedy corporate suits should definitely offer us a lease deal on the game. The only saving grace is that Ducimus is working on Trigger Mayan. :)

SteamWake
08-31-09, 08:49 AM
Oh ... sorry I thought I was in General Topics by accident. :har:

Schultz
08-31-09, 08:52 AM
I'll tell them to put 5 years of gameplay, its that enough?

karamazovnew
08-31-09, 08:53 AM
You know, if fire rained down on that day, the satisfaction that those 2012 freaks would have when saying "I'm burning! But I told you so. See? Who's a freak now?!!!!!" would be 1000 times greater than the satisfaction I'll have if nothing happens on that day and I get to say to them "See? You're a freak. Better luck next time!". I almost envy them for that.

Nexus7
08-31-09, 08:54 AM
Maybe Ubisoft designed it on purpose! That way the guy will push the launch torpedo tube thingy instead of the launch nuke button :hmmm:

JU_88
08-31-09, 09:31 AM
Got a predition date for the end of the world?
Join the club because there has been at least one for every year of this Millenium so far...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm :haha:

Safe-Keeper
08-31-09, 03:06 PM
The world will end come New Year's Eve. On December 31st, 23:59, we will all die in some horrific apocalypse when Planet X/God/an asteroid/the aliens/NWO/WWIII/Nostradamus' vague 'prophecies' as interpreted by arbitrary laymen destroy us. I know this because I have studied our calendar and found out that it rolls over ends on December 31st.

Nice knowing y'all:cry:.

danurve
08-31-09, 03:27 PM
Well, my copy of SH5 will be Y2MayanK compliant. :()1:

Takeda Shingen
08-31-09, 04:09 PM
Oh ... sorry I thought I was in General Topics by accident. :har:

Yeah, it could belong to either. Still, with the game being formally announced a few weeks ago, and no further information as of yet following, there just really isn't that much to talk about. So, it's really not worth moving to the pit [my own term for GT].

Mud
08-31-09, 04:45 PM
I'm not worried, I truly believe aliens are gonna save us before 2012.

Mud :woot:

Jimbuna
08-31-09, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it could belong to either. Still, with the game being formally announced a few weeks ago, and no further information as of yet following, there just really isn't that much to talk about. So, it's really not worth moving to the pit [my own term for GT].

LMAO at SteamWake :rotfl:

Agreeing with Tak :up: