PDA

View Full Version : Question for Modders of SH5

scrapser
08-21-09, 11:13 AM
I know there is little information at this point but I have a question that I think can be discussed in spite of the fact.

I'm sure most here expect that SH5 will likely have issues upon release. So my question is...based on your experience with SH3 and SH4...what possible challenges do you anticipate in making mods/fixes to the sim given the new interface? Is it too early to discuss or do you know enough about how sims are constructed programmatically to have a rough idea?

Dowly
08-21-09, 11:21 AM
I think it's a bit too early to say anything for sure. :03:

JU_88
08-21-09, 01:42 PM
^^This.

Biggs[CV]
08-21-09, 01:49 PM
I think the great mod makers are resourceful enough that nothing will stop them.:salute:

Dowly
08-21-09, 01:54 PM
;1155826']I think the great mod makers are resourceful enough that nothing will stop them.:salute:

That is up to the developers of the game. There is lots of ways to make game unmoddable or very very very hard.

That said, I doubt Ubi would make SH unmoddable, atleast not on purpose.

karamazovnew
08-21-09, 10:53 PM
Every player has his personal version of SH he'd like to play. It would be great if this time they include modding tools and allow access to all the scripts. Being able to make small modifications yourself means that you can stop bitching about issues, or wait for others to mod the game. Instead you'd spend a few minutes in the tools, mod it to you liking and play. As I've already said before, the SDK actually prevents the emergence of HUGE mods like GWX because it opens up the possibility of thousands of small changes suited for each player. For example, unlike in Oblivion where I had about 100 mods (really), in Fallout 3 I have only textures replacers and a few animation mods. Why? Because, unlike Oblivion, Fallout was much closer to what I liked to play. Oblivion took a loot of convincing :damn:. I can't hope that SH5 will be so close to what I want it to be that I wouldn't need any mods. BUT, just in case it's very far from it, I'd still buy it on the first day if I knew it would give me the option to mod it :up: