PDA

View Full Version : what about mods

I'm goin' down
08-19-09, 02:23 PM
What about modding?

Jimbuna
08-19-09, 02:26 PM
Far too early to answer that....but I should imagine it will be moddable just like the others.

Stealth Hunter
08-19-09, 07:45 PM
I wish they'd make it more modder-friendly though so we could turn out a new GWX or NYGM faster than previously.:haha:

JU_88
08-20-09, 08:49 AM
I wish they'd make it more modder-friendly though so we could turn out a new GWX or NYGM faster than previously.:haha:

Even then It still takes bloody ages to build new 3d, import, test the DM's and script to the campaign etc :)
Making it more modable only eases the pain of figuring out 'how to'.
(ok, so new units is just one example of modding)

danurve
08-20-09, 01:55 PM
What about modding?

What about it?
Certain mods for sounds, messages and this time maybe what crew members say will probably get done first. The talent to mod interface/interior/vessel changes will surface, have faith. Some of the modders who did work on 3 & 4 might not want to stab at 5. Then again it is a SUB game. It could also help a new slew of talent to surface.

JU_88
08-20-09, 02:21 PM
Surprised no one did this for SH3,
Import the S-1 or S-18 from SH4, and walla a 'lend-lease boat ATO campaign', i reckon it would be a blast, might need to up the Axis traffic in the campaign though.... :)

LiveGoat
08-20-09, 02:55 PM
My only fear is that the GWXers will be burned out after GWX4. I mean how many times can one sit and stare at yet another U-boat game? Hopefully, though, they'll be invigorated along with the other modders. But maybe, just maybe the game won't need many mods.

JU_88
08-20-09, 03:51 PM
My only fear is that the GWXers will be burned out after GWX4. I mean how many times can one sit and stare at yet another U-boat game? Hopefully, though, they'll be invigorated along with the other modders. But maybe, just maybe the game won't need many mods.

heheh aint that truth! I honestly dont know what will happen this time next year, i guess anything is possible - I cant speak for the other team members.
I wouldnt worry though, there will be no shortage of keen & talented Modders for Sh5, (GWX or not). ;)

holtzbr
08-20-09, 09:32 PM
here's hoping the GWX gang jump all over it.

:salute:

Armistead
08-20-09, 10:20 PM

I bet they're licking their chops........if it's a passion, but someones gonna have to develop new tools to mod with. I think with most games it's gonna take awhile to see great mods. Let's just hope we don't need mod's to fix simple stuff.