PDA

View Full Version : New forums for WPL members

Onkel Neal
03-23-09, 02:07 AM
When we upgraded the php and MySQL versions, it broke the database for the old server. I found a script that allowed the old posts to be viewed, but every time I tried to write, it caused additional problems. So, I disabled new registrations there and created this forum. If you want to post here, all you need to do is change your bookmarks. Most of the WPL members are registered here, too. Plus, I feel a lot better about using the vBulletion forum software, the phpBB forums get hacked too often.

I will create the Battle Reporting sub-forum here, too.

Cheers
Neal

Rebel
03-23-09, 08:32 AM
I was trying and :damn: thank you for the info :sunny:

martes86
03-23-09, 09:13 AM
Here I am too. :DL
Anything you guys need, just drop a msg.

Thanks for your time Neal.

Cheers

MataHari
03-23-09, 03:53 PM
Thanks Neal. :salute:
I was afraid that it was the end of the WPL. There were no games recorded for a long time, except for those few SH2/DC OSL games I played this month. Personally, I removed SH3 from my PC because it interfered with burning DVDs. I still have SH4 installed, but the nice graphics don't beat the excitement of human vs human strategy.

Onkel Neal
03-24-09, 12:04 AM
Hi Mati, no, the spirit of the WPL lives on! We just upgraded the officer's club. :salute:

You should definitely look into grabbing a copy of the SH3/SH2 bundle, you can find it on the store page here (http://www.subsim.com/store.html), scroll about 1/3 of the way down, the box image is right below the Silent Hunter III section. It is only $10 :o, includes both games, and is Starforce free. I just loaded SHII and played a single mission for the first time in years! Very cool.

Neal

MataHari
03-24-09, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately, Neal, Amazon.com doesn't ship any video games outside the USA. :wah:

kaptkirkU4467
03-24-09, 06:18 PM
For a small fee..like:"Tell Kirk how great he is",I'll have the wife pick it up and ship it to you..email me with your snail mail addy.
Kaptkirk@alltel.net.

BLOODHUNTER
03-26-09, 02:00 AM
good morning people. just went to the store link. tried to buy a wall clock and it says the page is down. didnt realize its been 2 years since i been here. boy, time flies.

Jester107th
03-26-09, 03:41 PM
Welcome back, Blood!

MataHari
03-27-09, 02:55 PM
The Chat link « http://www.subclub.info/wpl_chat/ (http://www.subclub.info/wpl_chat/) » doesn't work.

I'm getting the following error message:

« Error: Could Not Connect To Database ».

Does it need to be reset or reconfigured?

martes86
03-29-09, 03:37 PM

Most probably.

MataHari
04-01-09, 05:37 PM
Allô Rebel. Long time no talk.

I miss playing with you and Oldman. Have you heard from him?

Duval
04-03-09, 06:47 AM
TH Neal.

Duval

Rebel
05-02-09, 06:21 PM
SENT OLDMAN A EMAIL . HE WAS NOT DOING TO WELL PAIN FROM BEING OLD . HE WAS NOT PLAYING .:( HOPE ALL IS WELL IN YOUR LIFE :) YOU BEING A NEW COP BY NOW I WOULD THINK :) STAY IN THE LIGHT :yeah:

rogerab
05-03-09, 11:36 AM
When we upgraded the php and MySQL versions, it broke the database for the old server. I found a script that allowed the old posts to be viewed, but every time I tried to write, it caused additional problems. So, I disabled new registrations there and created this forum. If you want to post here, all you need to do is change your bookmarks. Most of the WPL members are registered here, too. Plus, I feel a lot better about using the vBulletion forum software, the phpBB forums get hacked too often.

I will create the Battle Reporting sub-forum here, too.

Cheers
Neal

It's Kercher's fault....

Malefactor
05-04-09, 01:28 PM
It's Kercher's fault....

Now that sure brings back a few memories,Rab. :haha:

Onkel Neal
05-04-09, 09:49 PM
The Chat link « http://www.subclub.info/wpl_chat/ (http://www.subclub.info/wpl_chat/) » doesn't work.

I'm getting the following error message:

« Error: Could Not Connect To Database ».

I will take a look at that. Do you guys still use it?

martes86
05-05-09, 09:39 AM
Isn't that the phpMyChat I installed?
BTW Neal, I can't connect to the FTP to change some stuff. Any new settings there?

Dargo
05-10-09, 07:01 AM
Isn't that the phpMyChat I installed?
BTW Neal, I can't connect to the FTP to change some stuff. Any new settings there?

Same for me Miguel can't use the ftp login or access the DB even can't login my own administer page.

MataHari
05-10-09, 08:47 AM
Hi Dargo. It's been a while, my dear friend.

I have a favour to ask you: could you please change the SH2/DC STAT Reporting to allow 1 vs 1 players. The present minimum is 2 vs 2, as you well know.

It's been very hard like to find 4 players, and the Chat being down didn't help either.

I'd like to keep the WPL alive and well by having more STAT games played.

Dargo
05-10-09, 09:12 AM

I have a favour to ask you: could you please change the SH2/DC STAT Reporting to allow 1 vs 1 players. The present minimum is 2 vs 2, as you well know.

It's been very hard like to find 4 players, and the Chat being down didn't help either.

Would like to do that but have no access any more to the site or DB after Neal updated the software. So you have to ask him.

CTU_Clay
05-10-09, 10:30 PM
I will take a look at that. Do you guys still use it?

You might want to ask Flick about the wpl chat. He has claimed he owns it, and locked it down earlier. That may not be true.
Just a suggestion.

Dargo
05-11-09, 09:47 AM
You might want to ask Flick about the wpl chat. He has claimed he owns it, and locked it down earlier. That may not be true.
Just a suggestion.

That was the IRC CHAT he was co-owners only to keep that chat channel open but the one they use now is in the DB of the subclub

martes86
05-11-09, 01:05 PM
Dargo's right.
Besides, it's better to keep as much stuff possible in-house, instead of recurring to 3rd party sites. That way, we can control vital stuff, like bug cleaning. :DL

Rebel
05-12-09, 07:12 PM
HI:D DARGO HOPE YOU ARE OK . :yeah:

Onkel Neal
05-13-09, 09:59 AM

Would like to do that but have no access any more to the site or DB after Neal updated the software. So you have to ask him.

Hi guys, yes, I am going to set up another account for Dargo's admin functions as soon as possible. thanks

Dargo
05-14-09, 11:28 AM
HI:D DARGO HOPE YOU ARE OK . :yeah: Going great here peace with you

Dargo
05-14-09, 11:28 AM
Hi guys, yes, I am going to set up another account for Dargo's admin functions as soon as possible. thanks

:yeah:

Dargo
10-23-09, 06:20 AM

@Neal your still planning to give me that account?

meridklt
10-29-09, 05:10 PM
Hello to you both. Just to let you both know that even though this old creaking gate is just about hanging in there on one rusty old hinge, I'm still in the land of the living.

I suppose your running the Canadian police force by now Mata?

Kind regards to all the old gang.

Old Man

MataHari
11-01-09, 07:02 PM
Allô my dear OldMan, glad to hear from you. It's been a while. :salute:

As a probie, I must work the graveyard shift. :yawn:

And during the day, I go to the university. :know:

It's hard to find enough players to play a STAT game. So I play SH2/DC for fun whenever I have time. I wish we could all get together and have fun as we used to. Those were the good old days. :rock:

MataHari. :cool:

huntz
11-22-09, 11:30 PM
"Its Kerchers fault" LOL havent heard that line in ages
Roger, keep you monkey tied up.

Its nice to see there is still refuge for us subsim veterans.