PDA

View Full Version : Fastest. Sinking. Ever.

fair_weather
03-22-09, 02:51 AM
I've been having a blast with the Demo version, been playing The Duel scenario over and over.

I was German against British. We were slugging it out for almost an hour, got a couple dozen hits on him, and he had a couple on me (took out one of my 13.5 turrets...)

I was giving him a broadside, he was turning away. 3 solid hits, right across the 2 aft turrets. Critical explosions.

And I witnessed something I couldn't count on.

It sunk. :up:

In 15 seconds. :o

I am not joking. :stare:

It completely caught me off guard.

Anyone witnessed something like this?

Raptor1
03-22-09, 04:49 AM
Sure, exploding magazines tend to rip holes through ships that somewhat effect their buoyancy

The British battlecruisers at Jutland sank very fast too IIRC

Oh, BTW, if you were the Germans, how could the British possibly take out your 13.5" turret? The German ships don't have that sort of armament

Task Force
03-22-09, 11:47 AM
yes. ive seen this happen. (except it was one of my ships. part of my home fleet.) the brits and my fleet were dukeing it out. and some of there shells hit below 2 of my turrets. BOOM then it sunk. (did the same thing to them later. and there dd fleet.:yep:

TheSamuraiJedi
03-25-09, 12:40 AM
Sure, exploding magazines tend to rip holes through ships that somewhat effect their buoyancy

The British battlecruisers at Jutland sank very fast too IIRC

Oh, BTW, if you were the Germans, how could the British possibly take out your 13.5" turret? The German ships don't have that sort of armament

Slip of the fingers I'm guessing.

Magazine explosions do tend to put an end to ships very quickly. Invincible and Queen Mary went extremely quick. Hood sank in the space of just over a minute or so from the time her magazine exploded.

Lempereur1
03-25-09, 02:13 PM
The great thing about the way ships sink in Jutland is that each sinking is totally unique and based on where the ship model (polygons) were damaged.

In this way, realistic damage can be applied to the exact area of the ship are where the shell hit/penetrated/exploded.

Listing, taking on water, etc is all based on this also.

JR

Task Force
03-25-09, 02:28 PM
Yep. (my issue with my ships is accuracy.)

Bullethead
03-25-09, 09:38 PM
Yep. (my issue with my ships is accuracy.)

Historical, or shooting well when you really need it? :)

BigBog
05-13-09, 08:49 PM
BB König Albert ordered to turn independently. (257.12800 s)
BB König Albert struck by 13.5in Mk V 1400 lb Gun. (296.59000 s)
13.5in Mk V 1400 lb Gun strikes BB König Albert [magazine [critical]] Record serial:9. (296.64600 s)
BB König Albert has exploded due to magazine detonation. (296.64600 s)
BB König Albert flooding is out of control. Ship will sink 1 minute. (296.64600 s)
BB König Albert struck by 13.5in Mk V 1400 lb Gun. (296.64600 s)
BB König Albert has sunk. (457.92100 s)
Leader #0, Mercer has been retired. (457.92100 s)
Engagement duration: 4 minutes, 15 seconds.

Never fired my guns, was turning to bring my guns around and was just going to access the menu to engage---happened so fast I had to go to the log to retrieve the text above! LOL

Lots of fun wiht hte Jutland demo---I will definitely purchase when I get a few bucks to toss around....

Cheers,
BigBog