PDA

View Full Version : PC Case humor - sort of

danurve
02-23-09, 01:17 PM
So who doesn't shop newegg for computer jazz?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133074&Tpk=11-133-074

Seems the V-1 & V-2 technology wasn't enough, Thermaltake brings you the V-9!!

But wait, there's more! - click on the image view and check out the fan in pic #2.

AVGWarhawk
02-23-09, 01:24 PM
Keep small animals away from this fan!:har: I'm sure it keeps the computer cool and pulls all the dust from the rest of house in with it! Nice case.

CaptainHaplo
02-23-09, 06:11 PM
This is why Water Cooling will ultimately be mainstream - because you can seal a machine and no longer have to worry with dust.

longam
02-23-09, 10:06 PM
Must be why they choose blue for the XPS

Zachstar
02-24-09, 03:17 AM
This is why Water Cooling will ultimately be mainstream - because you can seal a machine and no longer have to worry with dust.

Not with the way northbridges have been going.

An average Nvidia northbridge gets REALLY hot. And relies on the waste heat from the CPU to cool it.

To do a sealed case you must have.

Cooling on anything that remotely gets warm (CPU, VGA, North and South Bridges)

Ability to pull heat from the inside which means running coolant through a series of fins inside of it.

Not simple nor cheep.

Zayphod
02-24-09, 01:07 PM
So who doesn't shop newegg for computer jazz?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133074&Tpk=11-133-074

Seems the V-1 & V-2 technology wasn't enough, Thermaltake brings you the V-9!!

But wait, there's more! - click on the image view and check out the fan in pic #2.

When I built my new PC, this was the case that I decided to put it in:
http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-fatal1ty-fc-ze1.html?gclid=CN2D-PTe9ZgCFQIfswodKle6zw

1/4 inch thick solid aluminum. This thing has NOT disappointed me.

BTW, it comes with a special, longer set of screws for the power supply. Reason: The little screws that normally come with a power supply won't reach because the case is thicker than the usual sheet metal. The only thing holding the power supply in there are the 4 screws - there's no plate to rest the p/s on.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Zayphod/NewPC/?action=view&current=Dscf0712.jpg

danurve
02-24-09, 04:08 PM
An average Nvidia northbridge gets REALLY hot. And relies on the waste heat from the CPU to cool it.

Not just Nvidia, My Gigabyte board has the 780G chipset, very toasty N/B. On top of that the sink is low profile to fit nested by the pci-e card. Thought about an aftermaket Zalman but decided not to after I picked up a Sunbeam CoreContact Cooler for the cpu. That frackin thing is huge, comes with it's own 120 and another 120 exhaust fan moves plenty of air. Neither fan goes over 1500 and even GRAW2 won't push her over 38c.

Btw; I'm wondering if any of you guys picked up on what the pic of the fan looks like :-j

Reece
02-24-09, 09:06 PM
I just get a message to "Try again later", so I can't comment, however I have this model, not impressed at all, very flimsy, only had it a few months and the fan on the top (the huge one), makes a bearing/bush noise already, trying to find a 230mm replacement won't be easy, the design is poor, the PSU is on the bottom & draws air from under the computer, the supplied feet are only 15mm thick, I replaced them with small coasters, also the front fan filter clogs within a month and you have to remove the whole front panel to get it out, the gimmick to fasten the drives into place is totally useless, I removed them and used screws, atleast the holes are there, I wouldn't even recommend it to my enemies, that would be really cruel!!:damn::haha:

Zayphod
02-25-09, 10:48 AM
I just get a message to "Try again later", so I can't comment, however I have this model, not impressed at all, very flimsy, only had it a few months and the fan on the top (the huge one), makes a bearing/bush noise already, trying to find a 230mm replacement won't be easy, the design is poor, the PSU is on the bottom & draws air from under the computer, the supplied feet are only 15mm thick, I replaced them with small coasters, also the front fan filter clogs within a month and you have to remove the whole front panel to get it out, the gimmick to fasten the drives into place is totally useless, I removed them and used screws, atleast the holes are there, I wouldn't even recommend it to my enemies, that would be really cruel!!:damn::haha:

BTW, there's a "filter" you can set up that'll keep dust and stuff like that OUT of the fans - nylon stockings. Get some, cut out a piece that is large enough to cover the intake vents, tape it over them. Just remember to clean the "filter" often. Got that idea from my chief engineer, Chief Petty Officer Percivul Bruce. :rotfl:

Task Force
02-25-09, 03:33 PM
I had to get a new case for my pc, couldnt fit my motherboard in it. I got the anteck 900.(was also overheating my GPU, wonder if it was damaged.)
http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=15900

Reece
02-25-09, 06:30 PM
Yes Task Force, that's the one I wanted, mine is a cheap imitation!!:oops::haha: