PDA

View Full Version : Shell cam

amerelium
02-21-09, 06:34 PM
Sometime during these past days (and patches), the shell cam has stopped working. Any others experienced this?

Bullethead
02-21-09, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, it still works for me. You just have to be "hands off" for 5-10 seconds. If you're moving the view or giving orders, you prevent shellcam from working.

amerelium
02-22-09, 04:35 PM
Well, sat waiting for 5 minutes the other night - no go

Bullethead
02-22-09, 07:13 PM
Well, sat waiting for 5 minutes the other night - no go

Maybe you turned it off by accident? All it takes is hitting the H key.

Hit the H key several times and watch what it says in the text in the upper left about shellcam. If you have it set on, stop touching the mouse and keyboard, and it doesn't do anything after at least 30 seconds, then you've probably found a bug somehow. It's not a universal bug, because shellcam works fine for me in the current version. But if that's happening to you, send in a bug report about it and we'll try to straighten you out.

yankee-V
02-25-09, 10:11 PM
I only recently started using the shell cam, and really enjoy the effect. :yeah: One thing though, I don't understand the two active settings. One setting is for the ship selected, and another is for ANY selected ship. Or do I have that wrong?

I notice that the cam sometimes is working for a number of ships and at other times is working for only one ship (but in that case, sometimes it is not the ship I have selected).

Thanks

Bullethead
02-26-09, 11:48 AM
I notice that the cam sometimes is working for a number of ships and at other times is working for only one ship (but in that case, sometimes it is not the ship I have selected).

I think the "any selected ship" setting is misnamed. It should be called "ANY ship (including shore batteries) whether selected or not". At least that's how it works for me. The "selected ship only" setting seems to work as advertised.

I always look around to see if Slim Pickens is riding one of the shells ;).

AVGWarhawk
02-26-09, 02:12 PM
Yes, shell cam works. Select the ship and leave your mouse/keyboard alone. First time it worked for I thought something was wrong with the game :o I have followed shore batteries as well. Once the get a bead on you they are a good shot. Keep steaming hard!

amerelium
02-28-09, 09:40 AM
Suddenly worked again. Here's a poin: Does it only work with larger guns? Was doing a lot of destroyer skirmished when it wasn't working, but was out again with the Grand Fleet and it activated again.

Bullethead
02-28-09, 10:06 AM
Does it only work with larger guns?

I think the smallest guns that shellcam works with are 15cm/6". We had to draw the line somewhere because the smaller the bullets, the more of them there are, and it quickly becomes too hard to pick which ones to ride ;).