PDA

View Full Version : does this program work?

magicsub2
02-19-09, 04:52 AM
http://www.fix-pc-errors.com/virtual-memory.htm

i read somewhere that it fixes dll errors, so maybe it will fix the ati3.dll bsod problem?

if anyone has it, does it work good?

ReallyDedPoet
02-19-09, 10:24 AM
Not sure, I will move it to the proper forum. Others may have more to offer :yep:

AVGWarhawk
02-19-09, 10:39 AM
Personally, I would not trust this. I leery of fix'em up programs. Registry cleaners and after market defrag programs you are pretty safe.

I would suggest you go to the ATI sight. There is a forum I believe. Post what your problems are and you should get the cure for it.

She-Wolf
02-21-09, 06:10 AM
magicsub, if I am not too late ( i dot a gold *sniff* and have not been on here for a few days), do not go to that site, it is rated as dangerous by some link monitors and the promises it makes are unlikely to bear good fruit.

CaptainHaplo
02-21-09, 08:44 AM
To answer another way - the problem your having cannot be fixed by another application. an Ati3.dll BSOD is caused by an incorrect file version - apparently an old ATI driver file that never got cleaned off properly.

Go to Majorgeeks.com and dl a ati/nvidia drive cleaner - remove any existing graphics card files, reboot and reinstall only the necessary driver. If you continue to get bsod's at that point - verify the integrity of the driver your installing - try redownloading it or moving to an updated version.

Because its a file problem - the most any other application could do is remove registry calls regarding that file - and that will make your display wonky - as well as cause windows more problems.

Avoid apps like this like the plague. Even be leary of the truly reputable ones like Symantec Windoctor, as they can (with wrong input) make mistakes that make the pc inoperable.

magicsub2
02-21-09, 04:55 PM
good thing i havnt instaled yet!

will delete.

ty