PDA

View Full Version : LCD Widescreen - Aspect ratio - Help!

Reece
02-09-09, 07:12 PM
Hi, for the last few days I have been trying to use Rubini's Widescreen mod for SH3, instead of changing the stretched images to normal all my screen does is zoom in:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1043092&posted=1#post1043092 see post #85 on, I have tried everything to get it going, what I am running:
Samsung SM2433BW LCD Monitor
Win XP SP3
ATI 4850
ATI Tray Tools
I do not have the CCC installed.
I think as Rubini describes what is happening is that the monitor is adjusting the image automatically to wide, so it just zooms in, instead of adjusting the aspect ratio.:hmmm:
The monitor has an image size setting as Auto or Wide, that's it!:-?
All very confusing, should I install the CCC?:hmmm:
Hope I explained well enough, any advice appreciated.:yep:

Skybird
02-09-09, 07:30 PM
Has the monitor the hardware option (a button) to run in 4:3 mode, with letterbox frames on the left and right side? Then running the sim in a 1280 or 1024 resolution would be the easiest solution to solve your problem. Judging from FS9's 2D cockpit panels, I also found the slightly oval distortions of the round instruments to be so minor that I could easily forgive and oversee them - can't you just get used to it in SH?

To me personally, endlessly fiddling around with my rig and sims to fix minor issues no longer is worth the time for me.

Reece
02-09-09, 08:03 PM
Has the monitor the hardware option (a button) to run in 4:3 mode, with letterbox frames on the left and right side?No, the only other options are for analog signals, color & gamma, the 2 options I mentioned do nothing, Rubini needs help on this mod & I would like to offer some assistance, if I can get past this problem, as well as being able to use it.:yep:

Reece
02-09-09, 11:17 PM
Well I have installed the CCC:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/CCCSettings.jpg
and have tried all combinations without success,:cry: can someone please assist?:)

Skybird
02-10-09, 04:01 AM
I realised on my TV that functionality regarding picture sizes and scaling vary, depending on whether I had connected it to the receiver via SCART, or HDMI.

Maybe with PCs it depends on connection as well. Do you use VGA-cable, or DVI? Have you tried both?

Wild guessing, but maybe worth a try. ;)

Reece
02-10-09, 04:14 AM
I use DVI, but you may have stumbled on something there, will see what Rubini thinks, or what he is using.:yep:
Thanks.

SUBMAN1
02-14-09, 01:57 PM
Short answer - no 4:3, you're screwed. I wouldn't buy a widescreen monitor that wouldn't support 4:3. Breaks too many older games.

That CCC option above looks promising. Too bad it didn't work.

-S