PDA

View Full Version : Dev support for Jutland

Onkel Neal
01-23-09, 07:22 PM
Welcome Eagle Studios' rep Bullethead, he has offered to answer questions and moderate discussions about Jutland, the WWI naval game.

cheers
Neal

Bullethead
01-23-09, 07:45 PM
Howdy All-

New guy buys the drinks, I guess. TO THE BAR! :()1:

Now that we're all comfortable, first off let me thank Neal for supporting us. I almost feel guilty about linking to what we've been using as our official forum the past few years, http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245 (http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245), but it would probably save us all a lot of time and trouble if you looked there once in a while, if you have questions. I'll be splitting my time between there and here from now on, though, so from now on both forums should have the same official SES announcements in them.

With that out of the way, I'll try to dig into the recent posts here and see if I can answer any questions.

BTW, a shout out to those folks from our other forum I see here. :rock:

Task Force
01-23-09, 07:53 PM
Welcome to Subsim Bullethead.:up: Nice to have you aboard. (and thank you to everyone over at storm eagle studios for Jutland.)

ReallyDedPoet
01-23-09, 08:07 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

RDP

Bullethead
01-23-09, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Hope to be of service.

Rockin Robbins
01-24-09, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the link to your forum. Subsim exists to promote people like you and it looks like Neal has good instincts here. He knows there is no danger of people actually moving completely to another forum. Just like me, they will just expand their home ground to include both! I hope you spend regular time here to recruit Subsimmers to your game. We tend to be adults and spend years playing a good simulation, not a couple of weeks.

We're a loyal group of people who don't hesitate to monetarily support the games we love. Even if Neal tolerated posts and howtos on piracy we wouldn't tolerate it. Subsim contains the people you need to build a healthy, prosperous gaming company. Therefore Subsim deserves your support and participation. Thanks for being here.:up:

Bullethead
01-24-09, 01:40 PM
We're a loyal group of people who don't hesitate to monetarily support the games we love.

Thanks for the kind words. Please tell all your friends about us :D

AVGWarhawk
01-24-09, 06:18 PM
Welcome aboard Bullethead. I was looking over the game on your site a day ago and it looks like a lot of fun.

Carotio
01-24-09, 08:58 PM
A game which takes place in my home waters.....

:hmm:

I may have to check this out... :p

Bullethead
01-25-09, 10:16 AM
A game which takes place in my home waters..... :p

I'm afraid the only Danish vessels in the game are the Horn Reef and Vyl lightships, though :).

Anyway, there's a demo if you want to check it out. It's actually the full game, but only a little bit of it works until you give us money, after which we unlock the rest of it.

In the demo, you can play all the canned scenarios, but most of them only work for 10 minutes. This is mostly so you can take a look at the visuals and see what sorts of ships are in the game.

However, there are 2 small demo scenarios that run until the bitter end: a 1 on 1 duel and a small thing with 1 DD, 1 CL, and 2 BBs on each side.

Also, the scenario "Jutland at 1548" runs for 20 minutes in the demo. This scenario is full battle of Jutland starting at the moment the BCs opened fire on each other. It's got both battlefleets in the distance for you to look at, but they can't get into the fight in 20 minutes. However, you can fight a large portion of the Run to the South, with ALL the ships that were actually there. You can also ignore the fighting and try your hand at deploying the Grand Fleet, for instance.

There are 2 options for buying the game: standard and pro. I really don't advise getting the standard, because it lacks the scenario editor found in the pro version. Plus, it's more expensive to upgrade the standard than it is to get the pro to begin with.

Raptor1
01-25-09, 10:27 AM
I'm afraid the only Danish vessels in the game are the Horn Reef and Vyl lightships, though :).

Isn't the NJ Fjord also in the game?

Bullethead
01-25-09, 12:18 PM
Isn't the NJ Fjord also in the game?

Yup, sure is. Thanks for reminding me ;). Also, a bunch of generic Danish merchants that, being neutral, might be carrying contraband to either side and thus get bothered by both sides.

Iceman
01-26-09, 12:53 AM
Cool...downloading it now.

Bullethead
01-26-09, 09:53 AM
Cool...downloading it now.

BTW, note the info posted in the "Getting to Know Bullethead" thread. If you have any trouble, let us know.

Lempereur1
01-27-09, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the link to your forum. Subsim exists to promote people like you and it looks like Neal has good instincts here. He knows there is no danger of people actually moving completely to another forum. Just like me, they will just expand their home ground to include both! I hope you spend regular time here to recruit Subsimmers to your game. We tend to be adults and spend years playing a good simulation, not a couple of weeks.

We're a loyal group of people who don't hesitate to monetarily support the games we love. Even if Neal tolerated posts and howtos on piracy we wouldn't tolerate it. Subsim contains the people you need to build a healthy, prosperous gaming company. Therefore Subsim deserves your support and participation. Thanks for being here.:up:

We are looking to expand the user base by recruiting new gamers to our cause!