PDA

View Full Version : SES Jutland's release date...

Raptor1
10-25-08, 11:54 PM
Has apparently changed to "VERY SOON!!!!", I wonder how long they mean by that...

http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/html/se_jutland.html

They also have some new screenshots up

Task Force
10-26-08, 12:00 AM
Looks to be a good game, now comes that long process of waiting.:-? Waiting mode activated.

CCIP
10-28-08, 06:41 AM
On the forums today, people have been asking SES to "throw a bone" - some new info or screenshots or something to the community, and Jim ominously appeared saying that a "very big bone" is due in less than 24 hours. We'll see!

Another thing that also came out on the Distant Guns forums today is that Jutland will support up to 32 players in multiplayer :oAnd it will be possible to join games and re-arrange squadron commands while the game is in progress.

Just imagine how awesome it could be to play a massive battle with so many different human players in command. Really, really promising!

Looks to be a good game, now comes that long process of waiting.:-? Waiting mode activated.

You call this long? I've been waiting on this baby since it was announced a year and a half ago :p I think given all indications, the game is about to go gold. I'd be surprised if it was not out by mid-November. Bullethead (one of the developers and, as of last few months, the public 'face' of SES on the forums) has been very much off the chain for the last month or so in terms of discussing features of the game, which further suggests that it is very much ready and is in the very last stages of beta testing.

Janus
10-28-08, 01:59 PM
I would be careful with too optimistic expectations on release date...
Also I don't know how it was with Distant Guns, but I expect Jutland to need at least 1 or 2 patches before it really is playable (especially in multiplayer). Well I don't want to spread pessimitic stuff; it's only that by now I've learned to scale down my expectations for initial game releases.
Nevertheless I'm looking forward to playing Jutland :D

You call this long? I've been waiting on this baby since it was announced a year and a half ago :p Do you know how long peoples have been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to be released? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever
:lol:

Raptor1
10-28-08, 02:06 PM
32-player multiplayer would be awesome, imagine playing the Battle of Jutland with every person commanding a single squadron and then having the players coordinate between themselves :D

*waits for SES to post a thread with a picture of a large bone and saying "we told you so"*

CCIP
10-30-08, 02:14 AM
The "big bone" hasn't materialized yet but I think Jim is hinting at the fact we're going to get a video - says in 24 hours we'll get "not the demo, but the last thing we'll see before the demo".

He did post a nice screenie though:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/Otohiko/stuff/Bone.jpg

Janus
10-30-08, 11:13 AM
Excellent screenshot, I'm looking forward to the video.
Is any info available about if the demo will be realeased prior to- or after the release of the full game (or simultaneously)?

Raptor1
10-30-08, 11:24 AM
The thing we'll see before the demo?

The announcement that the demo is "coming soon"?

Oh, and that screenshot is great

Sonarman
10-30-08, 12:01 PM
Red Triangles are back with a vengence!

Thanks for the great screenshot CCIP!

Zakalwe
10-30-08, 06:05 PM
Judgeing after the release of DG, there will be the announcong of "Gold" and a few days later, you`re able to DL the Demo and buy the game at the same time.

And as for bugs, yes the start of DG was a little rough, but the support was excellent, Norm even offered to me to manually edit my corrupt campaign-file so I hadn`t to start from the beginning. And under the hood, the game engine is probably core DG, so it is matured. Sure there will be bugs, but I almost never had a Developer firing patches at this high ROF.

Z.

PS.: My bet on the "bone" is the opening video of Jutland

CCIP
10-30-08, 07:14 PM
And as for bugs, yes the start of DG was a little rough, but the support was excellent, Norm even offered to me to manually edit my corrupt campaign-file so I hadn`t to start from the beginning. And under the hood, the game engine is probably core DG, so it is matured. Sure there will be bugs, but I almost never had a Developer firing patches at this high ROF.

I agree, that's been exactly my experience with it.
Plus the fact that this is the same engine, plus improvements, is probably about as good a sign for it being relatively stable and working from the outset as we can get. I really am hoping for a number of key improvements - but I really don't anticipate that Jutland out of the box will be nearly as problematic as DG before the 1.3x series of patches. I'm sure like anything, it'll have some teething problems, but here also the developer's approach to quick and automatic patching also ought to help.

Zakalwe
10-31-08, 04:30 AM
Seems I lost my bet, the "bone" is out.

:hmm:

CCIP
10-31-08, 04:42 AM
Yup! See new thread here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143836