PDA

View Full Version : question re. environment mods

limkol
09-11-08, 03:08 PM
At the moment I'm using Pacific Environment mod when I sail u-boats and also when I sail US fleet boats. Great mod. But I'm wondering if it's the most suitable environment mod when I spend most of my time in the Atlantic using the excellent OM v4.
Any ideas guys? I'm not trying to start a 'what's the best mod' arguement. Just wondering what's the most suitable environment mod for the Atlantic conditions.
I have 2 installs so I could use PE for fleet boats campaign and another for u-boats campaign.
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Thanks modders for your great work.

Nisgeis
09-11-08, 03:15 PM
There's nothing that I know of as yet. SH doesn't have any hooks for which sea you are in, just a general water colour. I'll mention this to Kriller, as it's been something I have had in the back of my mind for quite a while.

kriller2
09-11-08, 04:56 PM
It is possible to change the colours for the atlantic and the pacific so that the areas have there unique environment colours and environment sky and reflection textures. But the two ares will use the same of the rest of the files, seafoam, clouds scene.dat etc.

As far I know it's not possible to make changes to f.ex. the indian ocean without changing the pacific colours.

Carotio
09-11-08, 06:24 PM
K2,

well, there you go:
you just (indirectly) signed up to make an Atlantic Environment mod too

WOOHOOOOOOOOO :rock: :up:

:rotfl:

Madox58
09-11-08, 06:34 PM
Maybe not possible in Game.
But,
If your headed for the Indian Ocean?
You could always JSGME in the adjusted files.
Pain in the arse somewhat,
but it works.

limkol
09-12-08, 09:42 AM
that's where a dual install comes in handy. If there was an 'Atlantic Evironment mod', it could be used by people that spend most of their time following the Atlantic convoys. I remember Onelifecrisis's environment over in SH3.
It gives me a bit of a kick to see replies from some of the forums 'big names'. I know you are all busy with big projects. Carotio, how's it going with your torpedo dials mod?

Carotio
09-12-08, 01:06 PM
Carotio, how's it going with your torpedo dials mod?

I haven't worked on it since July, sorry. I went dead on it just before the finish line. So I had to do something else, and so I did.
Right now, I can't really find the time to start up again. It requieres a lot of testing: make small changes, boot game up to check, then out and make new changes. So lots of time which I don't have for now. So I spread myself on many fields to keep up to date. And then, there's the real life too... :doh: