PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Computer Supplies/Parts Etc...

Iceman
08-18-08, 03:45 PM
I built two computers from a company that had local and online outlets...PCClub.com but I just recently went to the site and come to find out the whole company has filed bankruptcy....My question to you simmers is does anyone have a reliable,trustworthy place they buy computer parts from either online or at some local outlet...I like to tinker/build my own systems and or modify them and now do not know where I can find reliabe stuff from.

Any links etc or advice/help would be appreciated. I know places like Best Buy do have great deals which in themselves are a really good deal but you only get stock items not stuff you may really want or not want.

fatty
08-18-08, 03:58 PM
Never dealt with them as they do not ship north of the border but Newegg.com seems to be the de facto standard for PC parts in the US.

Digital_Trucker
08-18-08, 04:51 PM
Never dealt with them as they do not ship north of the border but Newegg.com seems to be the de facto standard for PC parts in the US.

Took the words right out of my fingers. I buy there all the time and they do a fine job. Prices are reasonable (even including shipping, but even better when you can get a no shipping deal), service is excellent. They have their problems occasionally, but they take care of them 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

Tiger Direct has some good prices, too, but I only use them as a second choice. Their service is pretty good and so are the prices, but they tend to really ham it up with the product descriptions (describe a Rambler as a sports car) and they sometimes do really stupid stuff like sell combo deals where the motherboard doesn't even support the processor:rotfl:.

nikimcbee
08-18-08, 05:13 PM

Roger that. I had no problems dealing with them. The return process was easy and ordering was a piece of cake. I have a work friend who build computers and he orders all of his parts from them.:up:

SUBMAN1
08-18-08, 05:16 PM
I used to have an account at PCClub (A rare thing - no one ever got terms here). Matter of fact, one of the better servers I built by hand (Dual AMD's, 2 GB RAM, 3 hot swappable PSU's, 5 hot swappable RAID 5 drives with one as a fail over, etc.) is a good thing I made it a tank. No more support is why so if something died, I'd have to RMA it myself. It is an Exchange server actually and it is still ticking after what? 3 years? Non of the SCSI drives has even failed yet, when they have been on 24/7/365.

I buy most of my stuff from Newegg these days, or similar.

-S

August
08-18-08, 07:06 PM
I've bought two computers from PCW computer (PC Warehouse) and i have been very satisfied with their workmanship.

Iceman
08-19-08, 03:51 PM
Thank You for your input peeps...thk u very much.

Thomen
08-19-08, 05:05 PM
As it was said before: NewEgg and TigerDirect are the big ones at the moment. The latter merged with CompUSA. They still got some CompUSA stores left, not many, but there still some (7 or so) out there.

StdDev
08-20-08, 08:19 AM
Dont know if they have the best prices but

http://www.pcconnection.com
Use these people all the time because they are in fact also

https://www.govconnection.com

And it is set up to be very easy to get stuff from where I work :know: