PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Mittel-U Class Uboat

Atlantis
08-09-08, 01:51 PM
Hey all. I've downloaded many many mods from this place, and well I want to make one. So here is the deal, if any of you have ever played the Game 'Shells of Fury' you will know its painful. Graphic wise, control wise, interface wise, all of it is horrible, what is cool though is WWI submarines. So I have attempted to convert the SoF Mittel-U U-35 Class Submarine and put it into SH4, but I have well 'run aground' I have a 3D Mesh, and a Texture for the sub directly from Shells of fury, but I have no idea how to put it into Silent Hunter 4. Ive tried turning the .X file from SoF into a .obj file and importing it into a copied file of a generic SH4 sub useing ' Silent 3ditor ' , but it wont let me. So does anyone want to help? I'm clueless but this is the only way I'l be able to learn. http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o412/Scheer905/Mittel-U.jpg http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o412/Scheer905/U35_skin.jpg

Nokia
08-09-08, 03:47 PM
That looks fantastic! I have tested the game once or twice but I really didn't like it, but I loved the subs. I would help if I could but I can't. Really looking forward for this and hope that you find someone to help you! :up::rock:

Atlantis
08-10-08, 09:50 PM
So Im guessing no one wants to help me, eh?

ref
08-11-08, 06:56 AM
So Im guessing no one wants to help me, eh?
You'll have to be a bit more specific, why does S3D doesn't import the model?

Ref

USS Sea Tiger
08-24-08, 02:19 AM
She is not is Wavefront .OBJ like is needed in SHIII or IV. so not direct export is possible,
theonly way around this is a good skinner, cut the boat to its parts and skin it all over again, then export the parts into the correct slots.

for this,,

convert the model to DXF,
then import it to Gmax.
cut it apart to reskin,
then export to an .im file using trainz exporter, then convert the .im to OBJ
then using s3d, import al the parts and adjust them to the correct place using the 3d viewer.

gmax is free at turbosquid,
trainz gmax exporter is free at auran.com/trainz
I would reccomend photoshop vii

GlobalExplorer
08-24-08, 03:42 AM
Have you tried converting with Blender?

Shiplord
08-24-08, 04:56 AM
I have a 3D Mesh, and a Texture for the sub directly from Shells of fury Be in mind, Shells of Fury is a commercial product published by Ronomedia GmbH and the contend is copyrighted. For using their 3D mesh/textures you need their permission even for the use in a free mod of another games.

GlobalExplorer
08-24-08, 09:02 AM
I agree and I think he should let his hands off that model.

AntEater
08-24-08, 12:56 PM
Problem is, tracing down the actual creators of Shells of Fury is a herculean task.
It is almost vapourware, the company usually makes small scale business software and one of the creators apparently is a TA in informatics at some german university.

Shiplord
08-24-08, 02:13 PM
Problem is, tracing down the actual creators of Shells of Fury is a herculean task.
It is almost vapourware, the company usually makes small scale business software and one of the creators apparently is a TA in informatics at some german university.
This makes it still not legal to use parts of the software without permission.
Here is always a mention about the modding etiquettes and in this case, even where it is material from a commercial source, this should no longer apply?

The copyright holder of Shells of Fury is:
h2F Informationssystem GmbH
http://www.h2f.com/

Publisher is Rondomedia GmbH
eMail: info@rondomedia.de

AntEater
08-24-08, 02:48 PM
H2F is what I meant
This company seems almost nonexisting.
A lot of SOF fans tried to contact them to no avail.

Atlantis
08-24-08, 05:44 PM
I gave up on this weeks ago. In fact just a few days after I posted this thread. I could never figure out how to put the model in the game so I gave up.

nautilus42
08-24-08, 06:06 PM
I gave up on this weeks ago. In fact just a few days after I posted this thread. I could never figure out how to put the model in the game so I gave up.

Hi Atlantis,

please send me your Prjekt_files per email. I will look if I can solved that Problem.

Greetings

nautilus42

You have a PM

Atlantis
08-24-08, 09:06 PM
I got this game for 2$ at bust buy, I don't think the company still exists. Also I dont know how to do what you guys said. this is my first try at modding, I have no previous modding skills or anything like that. One day I said I want to try to mod. I have noo idea as to what I'm doing.

USS Sea Tiger
08-24-08, 11:15 PM
I will download that way in two days and try it out. He has forgot more on modding than I have ever learned, His Fantastic E-boat is proof of that!
See SHIII mod forum in the stickys

Ship Hunter
08-25-08, 01:16 AM
The Company of SOF is existing...

http://rondomedia.de/html/start.php

AntEater
08-25-08, 02:17 PM
Rondomedia is the Publisher for Germany. Internationally, it is someone else.
The developer is H2F, which is a quite obscure firm.
Actually, if somebody could convince the people who created SOF to make a paywar SH4 WW1 mod with their models, that would be something.
Apparently some people managed to contact them, as there's a russian version of SOF which features russian WW1 subs in the same engine.

Hitman
08-25-08, 02:32 PM
Apparently some people managed to contact them, as there's a russian version of SOF which features russian WW1 subs in the same engine.

I remember that, but can someone point to a link where they are shown? Just curious to see how the game looks like with them :up: