PDA

View Full Version : Is there a future without Windows?

Wolfehunter
08-04-08, 05:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7540282.stm

I wonder why they're giving up.....:hmm: So which OS will be the future? ;)

Stealth Hunter
08-04-08, 05:40 PM
I doubt Windows will entirely die if they're even planning on killing the whole thing off.:roll: This reminds me of the news about Nvidia. It's probably just another attempt to increase sales, though the Midori thing is definitely going to come true (increase your sales by rumoring the possible demise of the Windows format AND hype up the audience for a new OS; works every time).

Wolfehunter
08-04-08, 05:53 PM
I don't know SH. I believe Microsoft will target a certain market like server, business etc. Also consol OS that is under there control like the XBOX. I guess they can't stop coping so they're going to quit while ahead. Maybe the tech support cost too much lol.:rotfl:

Personal computers will depend on freewares like linux?

Oh well.

Stealth Hunter
08-04-08, 05:54 PM
Only time will tell. All we can do until then is speculate.

Wolfehunter
08-04-08, 05:56 PM
Only time will tell. All we can do until then is speculate.Very true. What they need is another nerd like bill gates lol.:lol:

Raptor1
08-04-08, 05:57 PM
I think the only thing Microsoft has ever admitted as a failure was the so-called Microsoft Bob *shivers*

Stealth Hunter
08-04-08, 05:59 PM
Very true. What they need is another nerd like bill gates lol.

And there will be. He has probably already been born and walks among us as some kid. Perhaps Gates will be reincarnated as a hyperactive, pan-faced child whom shall then be known as The Corporate Messiah.

Raptor1
08-04-08, 06:00 PM
And there will be. He has probably already been born and walks among us as some kid. Perhaps Gates will be reincarnated as a hyperactive, pan-faced child whom shall then be known as The Corporate Messiah.

I think we're all better off without the devi...err...I mean Bill Gates getting reincarnated

Zachstar
08-04-08, 06:06 PM
I think this is serious...

Mainly every year more and more people switch to Linux... Businesses that are strapped for cash and local governments see the advantage of Desktop Linux and are switching... If this keeps up even games may start to go multi OS en masse... Especially as efforts are underway to standardize enough of Linux so there is not so many versions of compiled software confusing the issue.

Now that Gates is gone.. Microsoft is free to try different approaches and finally it seems they are taking the threat from linux seriously...

Stealth Hunter
08-04-08, 06:08 PM
Well, looking past Microsoft, what will the future hold for Apple's MAC?:hmm:

I've been asking that since I heard Gates was stepping down.

Wolfehunter
08-04-08, 06:21 PM

And there will be. He has probably already been born and walks among us as some kid. Perhaps Gates will be reincarnated as a hyperactive, pan-faced child whom shall then be known as The Corporate Messiah.:rotfl:

Wolfehunter
08-04-08, 06:24 PM
I think this is serious...

Mainly every year more and more people switch to Linux... Businesses that are strapped for cash and local governments see the advantage of Desktop Linux and are switching... If this keeps up even games may start to go multi OS en masse... Especially as efforts are underway to standardize enough of Linux so there is not so many versions of compiled software confusing the issue.

Now that Gates is gone.. Microsoft is free to try different approaches and finally it seems they are taking the threat from linux seriously...Could explain why some PC games are vanishing... Companies are choosing between Consols like PS3 or XBOX or freeware like linux systems. Where will be the real money. Since they can't control PC's they're making there own world order lol. :D

Blacklight
08-04-08, 09:24 PM
The future operating system of the century will be.....

"DOORS" !!! :D

Sailor Steve
08-04-08, 09:47 PM
Cool. Maybe with that OS we can break on through to the next computer era.

Task Force
08-04-08, 10:36 PM
Apple. I realy dont care for Mac computers myself. They only have what three games.:lol: