PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Uboat Torpedo Loadout fix

lurker_hlb3
08-01-08, 06:46 PM
Torpedo Load out problem for U-boats

The lions share of the credit for this fix goes to elanaiba, without who’s help I would not have been able to correct this problem.

To ensure that torpedoes selected at the start of a career or when rearming at home port, a specific set of entries from the NSS_UboatX.sim file must be entered in the NSS_UboatX.upcge file. If the entries “do not match exactly”, SH4 will default to torpedo that’s in the NSS_UboatX.sim.

In figure 1, we have the NSS_UboatX.sim file for a Type VIIC uboats. Please note the “NSS_Uboat7c_Door02_FRU_anim” marked with the red arrow. Now please note the red arrow in figure 2, the NSS_UboatX.upcge file for a Type VIIC. This is the ExternalObjectName3D file name the NSS_UboatX.upcge keys off to loaded the select weapon. If the files names fail to match then the system will default to the torpedo select in the NSS_UboatX.sim ( blue arrow in figure 1 )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/lurker_hlb3/torpload1.jpg

Fig 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/lurker_hlb3/torpload2.jpg

Fig 2

Xantrokoles
08-02-08, 05:36 AM
I can imagine, that the devs wanted to set all torpedoes basicly in the NSS_UboatXX.sim file. But then they changed the primary setting into the .upc file.

Orion2012
08-02-08, 01:13 PM
Glad to see someone knew what was going on. I personally looked a lot, and never would have found that. :up:

ZeeWolf
08-02-08, 02:30 PM
That is fantastic elanaiba!
Note however "NSS_Uboatxx_Door02_Bx_anim" is for the rear tubes
and the "NSS_Uboatxx_Door02_Fxx_anim" is for the front

elanaiba
08-04-08, 06:58 AM
I can imagine, that the devs wanted to set all torpedoes basicly in the NSS_UboatXX.sim file. But then they changed the primary setting into the .upc file.

SH4 was meant to put all in the power in the UPC files (I luv easily moded games), but in the end we didn't have time/resources for the whole of it.

Anyway, glad to see it sorted, its bad when some technology gets in the way of good intentions.

LukeFF
08-04-08, 06:09 PM
SH4 was meant to put all in the power in the UPC files (I luv easily moded games), but in the end we didn't have time/resources for the whole of it.

Anyway, glad to see it sorted, its bad when some technology gets in the way of good intentions.

Dan,

On the subject of these torpedo fixes, is there any workaround/fix for the problem of Mark 14s being loaded in the S boats at the start of a new patrol? I've edited the SIM files like lurker has up above, setting it to the Mark 10, but the game will still load Mark 14s in any empty slots when returning to port (even though nothing has been changed in the UPC files to allow the Mark 14 to be loaded in the S boats).

elanaiba
08-06-08, 07:41 AM
Luke,

I've discussed this with programming and I don't think there's any solution available for you. This is just one of those "unfinished businesses" where the game was supposed to check some stuff - as in - does the torpedo work on this boat? - but didn't.

At the moment the game just checks for the first torpedo available that costs 0 renown.

Possible solutions - none perfect:

- Put the Mark 10 before the Mark 14 in the Ammunition.upc file. This solves the problem but creates it for all other submarines - they'll get the Mark 10 as reload.
- Make the Mark 14 cost something - same result for other boats. If you put a cost (1 renown) to all torpedoes, there will be no more auto-reloads in port.

ivank
08-06-08, 01:30 PM
im trying to mod the HK Atlantis giving in 8 Fwd tubes and 2 aft(for mines) how do i do this?

swdw
08-06-08, 06:28 PM
Actually, I kinda like the make all torpedoes cost 1 renown

LukeFF
08-06-08, 07:04 PM
Possible solutions - none perfect:

- Put the Mark 10 before the Mark 14 in the Ammunition.upc file. This solves the problem but creates it for all other submarines - they'll get the Mark 10 as reload.
- Make the Mark 14 cost something - same result for other boats. If you put a cost (1 renown) to all torpedoes, there will be no more auto-reloads in port.

Thanks, Dan. I'll try those out. Option two sounds like a good one to me.

elanaiba
08-07-08, 03:29 AM
One more thing... there seems to be another "bug" in the procedures so you must also make sure you change ALL

AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0 entries to
AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 1 or something like the first of the cost entries for that torpedo

Otherwise you'll still get torpedoes, just tried it.

LukeFF
08-08-08, 02:10 AM
One more thing... there seems to be another "bug" in the procedures so you must also make sure you change ALL

AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0 entries to
AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 1 or something like the first of the cost entries for that torpedo

Otherwise you'll still get torpedoes, just tried it.

Will try that. I tried the other suggestions you gave, and like you found out, it didn't work for me.

LukeFF
08-08-08, 02:29 AM
Alright, that did it. Setting "AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent" to "NULL, NULL, 1" at least gives a workaround to the problem by not automatically reloading torpedoes when returning to base.

EDIT: to add what I wrote above, what's important is setting the "NULL, NULL" value to 1. Renown does not come into play. This keeps the torpedoes from being manually reloaded.