PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Problem

Atlantis
07-22-08, 08:06 PM
So yeah, Today I downloaded this ATO mod, and every single torpedo I fired at enemy shipping did jack. 25 torpedos total, I even took off the 'dud' option and manual targeting, the torpedos would just go right through there targets with out doing anything. And 90% of them hit! I watched on the attack map, so whats going on?

gimpy117
07-23-08, 01:05 AM
same....
it seems like they track but don't explode

Atlantis
07-23-08, 08:45 AM
This has grown very annoying. Every damn torpedo..

Atlantis
07-23-08, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah, sure! I have Operation monsoon, I was playing 1939 September 1st. Using both of the available German torpedoes in that mod, I was shooting at Several Modern composite freighters, A liberty Cargo, and something called a "Hog Island A cargo" (or something like that) All the torpedoes that should of hit just went through there target. Didn't detonate, I even took of the "dud torpedoes" in the game settings and these torpedoes still would just go through there targets and continue out the other side. Passing right through as if there was no ship there at all.

Atlantis
07-23-08, 09:41 AM
I've tried` both settings, and I try to set the torpedoes as shallow as possible. I'll see what I can do, erf.

gimpy117
07-23-08, 11:16 AM
I've used both as well
with no torpedoes my Typ II is pretty much a pleasure yacht.:dead:

gimpy117
07-24-08, 09:20 PM
help! is there a fix

btw I have the natural sinking mod and the torpedo power fix on

lurker_hlb3
07-24-08, 10:21 PM
Gentlemen ( Atlantis / gimpy117 )

As the author of “this ATO mod” ( aka Operation Monsun ) I just conducted a test with Stock SHv15 +OM V301 + OM301 Patch2 on this problem using the “very limited” information provided. I launch a 1939 type II Campaign and engage targets in the North Sea. Gameplay options were set to “very hard”. All torpedoes fired, 4 hits + 1 dud. Three ships sunk.

If you would like me to look at this problem you’re going to have to supply the following details:

What Campaign Flotilla?
What date?
What location?
What “other” modes are loaded & in what order?
What were your game play settings?

Also in the future if your having problems, Post them in the OM thread above.

gimpy117
07-25-08, 01:41 PM
I disabled the torpedo fix and Natural sinking mod and it works....

Atlantis
07-25-08, 07:38 PM
I turned the mod off and then back on, and end of problem.

thasaint
07-26-08, 11:04 AM
wasn't there a bug in stock games that the impact angles were reversed? so if you hit at 90 degrees it would think it was a bad angle and dud, and if you hit at like 10 degrees it would blow?

*edit* found it here's a link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=845682#post845682

lurker_hlb3
07-26-08, 12:33 PM
wasn't there a bug in stock games that the impact angles were reversed? so if you hit at 90 degrees it would think it was a bad angle and dud, and if you hit at like 10 degrees it would blow?

*edit* found it here's a link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=845682#post845682

That fix is in OM

Vorkapitan
07-27-08, 12:12 AM
Oh yeah, sure! I have Operation monsoon, I was playing 1939 September 1st. Using both of the available German torpedoes in that mod, I was shooting at Several Modern composite freighters, A liberty Cargo, and something called a "Hog Island A cargo" (or something like that) All the torpedoes that should of hit just went through there target. Didn't detonate, I even took of the "dud torpedoes" in the game settings and these torpedoes still would just go through there targets and continue out the other side. Passing right through as if there was no ship there at all.

I have a similar problem in non manual mode. When the lock turns green,
I fire a torp at 90 deg angle at 700 yds. The torp misses the ship doing 5 to 11 knots...towards the rear props area. Also, I had to change the torp depth to 1/2 of what it should be because the torp would go under the ship.