PDA

View Full Version : Creating a bow wake in DC?

WalterJConklin
06-08-08, 01:41 PM
I was wondering if would possible to add a more realistic bow wake to the ships in Destroyer Command.

Sincerely,
Walter

horsa
06-08-08, 02:25 PM
No obvious way to do this . Sorry

WalterJConklin
06-11-08, 01:51 PM
Hi Horsa,

I notice that some ships, such as the enhanced version of the Bismark from the Kriegsmarine mod, have a sort of wake at the bow, with water jetisoning off the sides. When I selected one of the US destroyers and stormy as the weather in the customized mission panel, I noticed that there was also a sort of wake assoicated with the ship. Interestingly, the ship was almost totally engulfed by the waves and dove right into the waves only to come back up. I don't have any experience with creating mods. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to use the spray effect caused by the bombs hitting the water to create a bow mod.

Sincerely,
Walter

horsa
06-12-08, 06:10 AM
I notice that some ships, such as the enhanced version of the Bismark from the Kriegsmarine mod, have a sort of wake at the bow, with water jetisoning off the sides.
That's probably just the standard wake repositioned a bit further forward and using Jiim's enhanced wake textures

Interestingly, the ship was almost totally engulfed by the waves and dove right into the waves only to come back up.

This is a game limitation. You may have noticed that when you view a ship from above ( particularly the smaller DDs) they appear to submerge. It might have been an attempt to simulate ships plunging into the sea but only half worked.
I was wondering if it would be possible to use the spray effect caused by the bombs hitting the water to create a bow mod.

I wouldn't like to say. Nobody ever attempted much with the particle effects ( except Vickers). A lot of the particle effects attached to a ship are defined in the model by rules I haven't begun to understand.

Personally I was never all that bothered by the lack of a big bow effect. A good wake did it for me. :D

eddie
09-09-08, 04:28 PM
Is it still possible to get the Kriegsmarine Mod in an "English" version somewhere? Only one I know of is on a Spanish(?) website, and I'm not versed in that language.:oops:

Sorry for the trouble, but found it,lol

Well, I dled it twice, the file is called DC KM1.2 exe, problem is once I try to run the installer, it says the file is not the correct size. Downloaded the file, and it comes in at 57.8 MB.

So if anyone knows of a different location for this file, I would appreciate it!

horsa
09-10-08, 05:20 PM
Just found this link tucked away on an old thread

http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/na...ne/DC_KM12.exe

eddie
09-10-08, 06:21 PM
Thank you horsa, that's the same link I found in the archived forum also, and I can download the file like I said, but when I run the exe file, it says that it doesn't have all the files the installer needs, and then shuts down. Guess its a corrupted file.

Thanks again!