PDA

View Full Version : Very Slow,very Slow!!!!

StarLion45
04-01-08, 10:40 PM
:D Hi all !!
I've just bought SH4 and I was looking forward to it , I installed it even use the upgrade launcher . And I start the game , but i was disapointing my game react sooo slow , when I used the mouse the arrow react slow . I have 1024 RAM on my pc , so I don't think this is the problem .:-? Is there any thing I can do ,is there any patch or mod to fix this .Please help me .:cry: thanks for the help.:lol:

Lagger123987
04-01-08, 10:45 PM
The more RAM you have the game loads faster, or get patched to 1.4-1.5 for the best loading times. BTW, what is your computer specs?

StarLion45
04-01-08, 11:00 PM
:D thank you for answer me so quick:D
the pc i have is :
Acer
AMD Athlon 64,3500+
2.21 Ghz.1.0 GB RAM .
:o I'm new to data ,only a couple of years so arrest me I answered you wrong.:lol:

StarLion45
04-01-08, 11:03 PM
It's not when I load up the game,it's when I'm playing:D

ktrboston
04-01-08, 11:57 PM
I think the game calls for 2gb ram but you can get away with 1.5 at least I do. I also noticed when I play and if something is running in the back ground it will be slow as well.

Zantham
04-02-08, 12:45 AM
Upgrade to 2GB RAM. This is standard for any system nowadays used for gaming. You may be able to add 2 more 512MB sticks to your computer, but I do recommend replacing your current RAM with 2x 1GB instead to prevent any RAM compatibility issues.

Make sure you are patched to v1.4 or v1.5 (UBoat addon). These patches have memory optimizations.

Might be helpful if we knew what video card you are running, and at what resolution you are running the game at? Can you try any lower resolutions?

Some of the graphics options have a very heavy impact on gameplay performance. Volumetric Fog and Environmental Effects in particular come to mind.

StarLion45
04-02-08, 02:53 AM
:D Hi !
my system is :
Acer
AMD Athlon64 proc.3500+
2.21Ghz.1.0GB RAM
Videocard :Radeon X 1550

I'm gonna upgrade to 2GB very,very sooon:lol:

Kapitan_Phillips
04-02-08, 03:28 AM
Upgrading your RAM sounds like your best bet. Until then, make sure you dont have any background tasks running (such as virus scanners, they could be doing background scans) and disable some of the more memory munching graphics options, like Volumetric Fog. Also, use a lower resolution if you're playing above 1024x768 :yep:

danlisa
04-02-08, 01:03 PM
And I start the game , but i was disapointing my game react sooo slow, when I used the mouse the arrow react slow.

That is describing very low frame rates.:yep:

Turn off or turn down your AA & AF settings within the ATI control panel.

SH4 will run just fine with 1GB RAM.

In fact, I ran it on my testing rig and got a constant 40-45 FPS:

P4 3.4 Ghz
1024 Ram
X800 Pro ATI (4xAA 4xAF)

Rockin Robbins
04-02-08, 02:38 PM
on your microprocessor, memory and graphics card. What's your framerate? When I switched from Athlon 64 3700+ to Opeteron 175 I got a 10fps increase in framerate. But I was running an nVidia 7600GT graphics card. So:

Priority 1: memory to 2 gb
Priority 2: graphics card or processor equally. Choose which one comes first by price.

Also, what slot type is your motherboard. I don't think you want to upgrade the processsor on an orphan motherboard most of the time. What kind of graphics board slot do you have? PCI-e means time to spend money as your card will be upwardly mobile. PCI or AGP means you should be scrutinizing motherboards.

One good thing about Acer is that they use standard components. You won't get stuck buying a new case because a replacement motherboard won't fit.:damn: The result is a computer you can afford to keep up to date a component or two at a time.

StarLion45
04-02-08, 10:43 PM
And I start the game , but i was disapointing my game react sooo slow, when I used the mouse the arrow react slow.

That is describing very low frame rates.:yep:

Turn off or turn down your AA & AF settings within the ATI control panel.

P4 3.4 Ghz
1024 Ram
X800 Pro ATI (4xAA 4xAF) :o how do I turn off my AA &AF settings???.I am new to dara only 2 years so explain it easy to me:oops: And what is ATI control panel:D

RocketDog
04-03-08, 01:45 PM
[quote=StarLion45]

P4 3.4 Ghz
1024 Ram
X800 Pro ATI (4xAA 4xAF)

Yep - that's my experience too. It ran fine with 1GB. Recently I went to 3GB and it seems to make absolutely no difference. Maybe in mass surface shoot-outs plus aircraft it would help, but for normal play I can't tell the difference.

Cheers,

RD.

AMD San Diego
X1950XTX

RocketDog
04-03-08, 01:59 PM
:o how do I turn off my AA &AF settings???.I am new to dara only 2 years so explain it easy to me:oops: And what is ATI control panel:D

Go to your desk top. Right click on the background and you should have a menu appear with "ATI CATALYST (R) Control Centre at the top". Select the Control Centre and it should open up a window. Go to "3D" and you can set antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. Start off with them set to "use application settings" (which actually means off) and run the game. See how it goes. Exit the game, change them and re-check. Hours of fun.

You can probably run at least 2x on each. Play!

Cheers,

RD.

Here's an old article explaining how it works - http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2188

Rilder
04-06-08, 02:24 AM
I run with a 2ghz Single core Antlon (arrg old :cry: ) and 1.5 gigs of ram (but a ati Radeon x1950pro!) without problems, did notice a lil slowdown with the expansion but its better after the patch.

Paajtor
04-06-08, 05:36 AM
Once you've found the Catalyst Control Centre, find the option "Wait for vertical refresh"...set it to "Off, unless application specifies".
Now in your SH4-game, put a check-mark at VSync, and hit Apply.
Restart SH4.
This can reduce the mouse-lag.

When I was experiencing low fps in SH4, I fixed it by using just 4xAnisotropicFiltering (instead of 16x, which I use normally in games), and by upgrading from 1Gb to 2Gb of RAM.

StarLion45
04-06-08, 07:25 AM
:o I don't understand , everybody in this forum talks about the " ATI Catalyst ".
How do I fix it ? , it don't seem that I've got it in my pc:o
:lol: But a couple of days ago I vent to the data store and those boys put in extra RAM so now I have 2GB RAM:lol: But again , here's my system :

Acer
AMD Athlon 64 proc.3500+
2.21 GHz.2.00 RAM

Please explain to me easy what the "ATI CATALYST" is. I'm not so good with data have only had data for a 3 years time:oops:

PS ! I've tryed to roight click on my desk top , but no results . can you guys help me out with this :yep: ???? I WANT TO PLAY SH4 WITH PATCH 1.4 :damn:

Rilder
04-06-08, 09:06 AM
Catalyst = The Control panal for the ATI Video cards, allows you to set various options for your graphics card.

StarLion45
04-06-08, 09:33 AM
:D Hmm,it don't seem that I have ATI in my pc . I did a search in reg edit window and type the name " ATI" and get no answer:yep:

JSLTIGER
04-06-08, 11:02 AM
ATi Catalyst refers to the drivers for your video card. If you go to Control Panel, Display, and click on the far right tab, you should have an option to adjust your display settings. Click on advanced settings to open up the Catalyst drivers.

Your big problem is not your RAM, but your video card (and possibly your CPU, but I think that you're OK on that front). The X1550 is really not powerful enough to run the game.

AkbarGulag
04-06-08, 11:34 PM
PCI or AGP means you should be scrutinizing motherboards.

Although AGP is still a bottleneck compared to PCI-e, there are some good cards available for AGP slots still. I was surprised to see the manufacturers even bothered to make new cards for them.

Here's one way to increase your framerate. Turn off external view then disable 'environmental fog'. After all, you dont need the fog when you spend most your time living in 2D and periscope views :lol:

And yes, RAM is the greatest asset you can get. bang for buck, RAM will deliver more performance increase for every dollar spent as opposed to something else.

McBeck
04-07-08, 02:23 AM
This might be a stupid question, but you HAVE updated ATI drivers on your system right?

Otherwise get them here:
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Fade2po
07-01-09, 10:37 AM
Appologies for not posting a new topic

I normally experience a slowdown during the time compression on the navigation map. Normally when i try to push higher than x2048 certainly the x8k + is like pressing pause. I'm unsure if this is a graphical issue, however the stopwatch appears so hence linking this query. Graphics wise i'm running a nvidia 8800gts, 2.1(core 2 duo), 8gb ram, vista-64.
I had simular probs on XP-32 with only 2gb of ram so presume its something to do with the game? (note i had simular issues with the time compression in SH3)

On a side note are there any mods (or settings) that get rid of the stupid amounts of algae thats in the sea?