PDA

View Full Version : Landing ship tank

ktrboston
04-01-08, 11:03 AM
Good day all or Good evening. I was wondering has any one noticed that when you engage the Landing ship Tank it does the David Copperfield trick. In other words, it disappears before its sunk. This has happened to me twice already. Its like it was never there. Has this happened to any of you. Another thing to add to the bug list. Just want to confirm before I posted it on the list. I should do a search before I post though.

Did search: Factor had same problem. Interesting! Maybe the Americans were working on some kind of cloaking device or messing with time-space continuum project . Hold on looking it up. OH ya! the Philadelphia experiment.

Madox58
04-01-08, 08:11 PM
Oh don't even mention that!
Seems there was a post in the German Ubi forum that implied
I edited dats to reproduce the fade effect in GWX 2.0
:nope:
I'll deal with him later.
:stare:

Ducimus
04-01-08, 08:33 PM
>>it disappears before its sunk.

It might be one of the damage zones in said ships zon file. When i was experimenting with redefining Japanese and german AI subs zones so they'd sink properly, i think i tested one zone in particular, i forget its name, but it sounded like something leftover from internal testing at Ubisoft. At any rate, when i used this zone, my subs would dissappear before sinking completely.. or pretty darn close to it.

Madox58
04-01-08, 09:09 PM
I have tried to duplicate it after several reports.
I have never been able to.
This is only the third time I've seen it mentioned in 18 months.
In the German Ubi forum, it was claimed to be a constant,
every time event with certain ships.
Again,
I could not duplicate it!!
I do believe it happens, but don't know why for sure.
I do have a theory.

Factor
04-01-08, 10:35 PM
i can confirm this as well