PDA

View Full Version : Another Surprise

Schnee
03-27-08, 10:55 PM
Got back to port, finishing my 2nd mission in a Walther boat and one of the torps they let you have is a TVII Steinbarsch - a H2O2 driven torp capable of 8k tange at 44 kts.

Could be good for surprising a convoy or an anchored ship in a harbour :arrgh!:

Zantham
03-27-08, 11:47 PM
The steam torpedos you get in the beginning do 45kts to 5000m on the fast setting. The nice thing about the Walther torpedos is they leave no bubble trail.

Sirkam
03-28-08, 04:27 AM
The Steam torpedoes should be only used in that specific situations:
- On the night.
- To attack a DD or warship aproaching to us quickly.

Attacking a convoy with that type of torpedo can result in dead (if the convoy are defending itself with DD's or corvettes). If you can, only attack a convoy, first with the "slow" torpedoes, then use the "fasts".

Schnee
03-28-08, 10:22 AM
....but theoretically (and I didn't know the H2O2 torps left no wake - maybe I'll just start using them exclusively if I have enough renown)....would these be NOISIER incoming?

The Fishlord
03-28-08, 09:11 PM
....but theoretically (and I didn't know the H2O2 torps left no wake - maybe I'll just start using them exclusively if I have enough renown)....would these be NOISIER incoming?

No, as far as I know Walther-powered engines are a little noisier than electrics but still quieter than steams.

WernerSobe
03-28-08, 11:35 PM
the game AI does not hear torpedoes anyway. It can only detect the wake.

But T1 is fast. Even if they detect them, they have no chance to evade.