PDA

View Full Version : Spread Angle

nayr14
03-27-08, 01:29 PM
How do I go about changing the spread angle for automatic targeting?

In the American campaign you can still pull the left sidebar out and change the depth, speed, trigger, and spread angle. Did they remove this in the German campaign?

Thanks

Raptor1
03-27-08, 01:34 PM
It's in the Attack Map, along with the rest of the TDC...

M. Sarsfield
03-27-08, 01:38 PM
.. and, by the way, the spread angle setting in the u-boat is the measurement of the full arc and not the angle between each torpedo. If your target takes up 6 degrees of the view in the scope (by rotating the center of the scope from bow to stern), then you set it to 6 degrees for a full spread.

nayr14
03-27-08, 01:43 PM
It's in the Attack Map, along with the rest of the TDC...

Indeed, I saw that. My point is I am unalbe to change that like I am in the American campaign.

Thanks

Raptor1
03-27-08, 01:49 PM
No, I don't think you can change it like that

nayr14
03-27-08, 01:55 PM
I can in the American Campaign... can anyone confirm or explain?

Thanks

maerean_m
03-27-08, 03:11 PM
Back in WWII, the spread angle had different meaning for the Germans and the Americans (as their TDC did not function 100% in the same way).

The Germans did not have the Position Keeper while the Americans could not launch salvo (multiple) torpedo shots.

For the Germans, the spread angle is how wide apart do the torpedoes run in a multiple torpedo shot.
For the Americans, the spread angle is how much the current torpedo should deviate from the gyro angle that was computed for the last shot.

So the user interface in the game is different, to emphasize that the TDC is also different.

Bewolf
03-28-08, 04:41 AM
I can in the American Campaign... can anyone confirm or explain?

Thanks

To give you a bit more practical help, in german boats you first have to chose which torpedos to fire in a spread. You do that in the attack map. There is this little button next to the tube selector, labelled T/S if memory serves me right. Pressing this will change the tube selector into a tubeS selector. There you chose the tubes you want to use. Once set, you go to the right and check the spread. Once set that as well, you are ready to fire. Do not forget to open the tubes you selected.

Now once you have your firing solution, just press fire and all the selected torps will launch automaticly in a salvoe.