PDA

View Full Version : Too much SH - weird dreams

sideways
03-24-08, 10:48 PM
Hi gang,

You know you've been playing too much silent hunter when...

you dream that someone (dreams are never very specific) straight up GIVES you a type VIIc in near perfect condition.

'Here, have a u-boat. It's parked just off the coast of Rottnest Island. I figure it's safer than a car cos there's less stuff to crash into!'

I remember the torpedo tubes had been welded/fixed shut to stop me from getting too enthusiastic and blowing up anything important. :hmm:

Was a fun dream - had all kinds of plans for what I was going to do with it. Don't remember all the gory details, but I was somehow able to steer it and see where i was going with only one other person aboard. The previous owner had left all kinds of strange stuff aboard though - cans of paint, toy guns, a TV with no antenna... very strange. :-?

Got me thinking though - I seriously cannot imagine anything more enjoyable than cruising around - with a crew of my buddies - in a WWII submarine. Obviously the ability to go back into port whenever you feel like it and not be obliged to go up against DD's would make it a lot more fun than back in the day - and a lot less scary...

So how many guys do you think it would take just to drive one of these things? I was thinking about 10 would probably be the bare minimum to keep it running on the surface without crashing into anything...

Anybody got a u-boot they wanna sell me? :rotfl: Maybe I should've tried to outbid whoever bought that ex-turkey-ex-USA fleet boat that got sold recently. :arrgh!:

ATR-42
03-24-08, 11:14 PM
im glad i wasnt the first to admit this.. i too have had a SH4 dream...

I have base board heat in my home, it typically creaks and and ticks when the pipes get hot. i was falling asleep one night, and i found myself dreaming that i was inside a command room with pipes breaking around me, and the hull making creaking noises, we were sinking! i awoke, i asked my g/f if i was talking in my sleep, she said no... thank god :)

ktrboston
03-25-08, 12:04 AM
I like ATR-42 have base board heating and I know what you are talking about. I have dreams on what I could of done differently and on occasion the nightmare of depth charging. Pretty strange!

sideways
03-25-08, 04:03 AM
I suppose it makes sense, especially for those of us who get pretty attached to our career/command - i mean, i take it way too seriously when 'my guys' are in trouble.:oops:
makes sense that you'd end up dreaming about it.

i used to have sh3 dreams too, mostly about being depth charged. they were also kind of das boot dreams too - had been watching it a lot at that stage.

Rockin Robbins
03-25-08, 05:04 AM
When you receive the bill for 62,358 US gallons, 236,049 liters of diesel fuel!:eek:

Let's see, that's $249,432 at $4.00 per gallon in the US (a bargain!). Maybe you should only fill it up halfway...

Syxx_Killer
03-25-08, 07:59 AM
At least you guys had SH4 when you dreamt about it. I was having SH4 related dreams before I even had the game. :o:oops::damn:

wetwarev7
03-25-08, 08:08 AM
When you receive the bill for 62,358 US gallons, 236,049 liters of diesel fuel!:eek:

Let's see, that's $249,432 at $4.00 per gallon in the US (a bargain!). Maybe you should only fill it up halfway...

Good grief, where are you gettin your gas?!? It just recently made it over $3.00 per gallon here :o (Edit: Oh! you were talking about diesel :oops: )

It usually takes me a little while to fall asleep at night so I end up lying there listening to the sounds all around me. Since SH3, I started using those sounds to help me imagine I'm in the captains bunk. Works great! It gives me cool SH3/SH4 dreams, it's very relaxing and actually helps me get to sleep quicker. :up:

U-48Kriegsmarine
04-20-10, 10:02 PM
I had a SH3 Dream, before I had the Game!!! I had just Pre-ordered and was syked!! I drempt that I was a U-Boat Diving Master (whatever that is) and that we were secretly based in the US!!! and when we would leave port, we were shot at by rednecks with shotguns!!!

Indeed, to much SH.

TabbyHunter
07-19-10, 06:21 PM
Couple of months ago, i was on a school retreat. The rooms we had had the water pipe heaters, and that creaked. I had just got SH3 and i was haveing a blast thinking up a situation.

We were in 150 meters of water, surface ships buzzing looking for us. I took us down to 175 (IXD2) when someone's lamp fell. Depthcharges! fell asleep and continued the dream...forget the rest though.

chrysanthos
05-10-11, 02:14 PM
i have seen last night that i travel back time when japan build fuso and maya and i buy them both:D

Myxale
05-13-11, 10:20 AM
One time I went to sleep after long hours of SH3;
Later that night I was dreaming some really claustrophobic moments and a DC'ing that rattled my bones. My boot was sunk with all hands lost.

That one was really crass! :o

Anthony W.
05-13-11, 04:27 PM
Some of my SH4 dreams are downright terrifying and actually haunt me into the day.

I had a dream that I was in 300ft of water being depth charged, flooding. I took it down and sat her on the seabed because I figured I was going to end up there eventually - I might as well do it on my terms, and maybe set it down without breaking anything. They kept depth charging me for hours while I sat there on the bottom. Finally they left. I was low on oxygen and by that point it was mid morning - and all day all night depth charging. I was too heavily flooded to lift myself off the bottom, rather I told my crew to secure every loose object and stand against the forward wall of the bulkhead. Then I ordered full reverse and a blow of all ballast and trim tanks. I came to surface with my rear end up in the air. My conning tower was still under water, so I couldn't evacuate, but it bought my damage control team enough time to start pumping water out. Eventually I leveled off, but everyone originally stationed in the fore torpedo room was dead, and I had to carry the bodies out through the conning tower for a burial at sea.

I bolted up when my alarm clock rang. I was shaking for the next 4 hours.

Daniel Prates
05-13-11, 08:17 PM
I had a SH3 Dream, before I had the Game!!! I had just Pre-ordered and was syked!!

haha! A deja-vu, aparently.