PDA

View Full Version : Three and a half tank sim questions...

DeepIron
03-24-08, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, I usually hang out on the Silent Hunter forums, but I'm working on a couple of sim ideas, one of which involves mechanized armour warfare. I'd like to get a little feedback if you have a moment...

For those of you who enjoy tank sims, three (and a half) questions:

1. What is your favorite time period? WWII (1939-1945) or Modern (1967 to present).
2. What do you like most about playing the period? (Strategic elements, location of conflict, technology, etc.)
3. What is/was your favorite tank sim? Why?

Thanks in advance guys.

Skybird
03-24-08, 02:48 PM
1.) modern

2.) more tech stuff to play around with

3.) Steel Beasts Pro (now that is a surprise, isn't it :lol: ). Why? Simple: it is by a great lead the best there is in the field, and even compares to the best sims available in general in all genres, surpassing most of them. That's becasue it was designed not with the gaming market in mind, but for the pros, and was designed by people knowing the stuff inside out from reality.

DeepIron
03-25-08, 10:24 AM
Thx for the feedback SB!

Flick
03-31-08, 02:20 PM
1. What is your favorite time period? WWII (1939-1945) or Modern (1967 to present). 1939-1945

2. What do you like most about playing the period? (Strategic elements, location of conflict, technology, etc.) location of conflict

3. What is/was your favorite tank sim? Why? Panzer Elite great MP engine

DeepIron
03-31-08, 02:21 PM
Thx Flick! :up:

Graf Paper
04-10-08, 02:52 PM
Time periods notwithstanding, my two favorite types of tanks are the German Panzers of WWII and the modern U.S. M1A1 Abrahms (sp?).

I used to love playing M1 Abrahms Battle Tank on my old Sega Genesis and had some quite nice ones for my Commodore 64 but I forget their names. My favorite of the C-64 was a WWII sim that allowed you to control the various stations in the tank and had a quite detailed and functional gunner's scope.

Give me 3D tank sim in the same vein as SH3 and I'm there!

DeepIron
04-10-08, 02:53 PM
Thanks GF for your feedback! :up: