PDA

View Full Version : Sink Convoy before it reaches Mogadishu

MMarques
03-22-08, 12:31 AM
I was happily running my 2nd War Patrol and the 3rd mission they gave me was to sink an enemy Convoy leaving from Eastern Australia to Mogadishu.
On the map I could see a red sign with a ship on it and it would refresh itself as the time went by.
I engaged the convoy and hit a huge liner with 2 torpedoes before being forced under by heavy depth charge attacks, my sub was crippled loosing both electric engines and one of my diesels.
I waited the attack over and surfaced the next morning. Headed over to the tanker in the middle of the indian ocean to refit and repair my damage with only 1 engine running, managed to get 18knts with my "Hero" ability.
I saved the game and when I reloaded it again the sign wasnt there anymore, how am I supposed to know what convoy I'm going to sink?

MandrakePOE
03-22-08, 09:52 AM
Sounds to me that you found a different convoy! The Taskforce consists of two cruisers and some persistent destroyers, no liners that I can recall.

When you get close the two cruisers themselves should each carry the taskforce symbol on them as they are your objctive, knock one out and you have completed that objective...........be careful though you have to do some enemy port recce afterwards.

MMarques
03-22-08, 10:57 AM
Its not a Taskforce its a Convoy and the sign was at the Liner. Cant find the thing anymore now.

Lagger123987
03-22-08, 03:00 PM
Don't save while doing an intercept mission, if you save and reload, the convoy or taskforce might disappear. I have the same problem while I save on intercept missions, best to leave the computer on if your doing something else.

MMarques
03-22-08, 07:12 PM
I did it, after I got my battle damage repaired, I saw 4 convoys on the map, luckily I chose the right one. Sent the aux cruiser after one of the others and sent a Pocket Battleship to come and assist me, my crew spotted the convoy and I lined up for an attack. At about 1300m I sent 3 torpedoes into the Huge Liner and I must say I had never seen so many life rafts on the water before lol.
4 destroyers came after me, I managed to sink one with a homing torpedo but couldnt do anything about the others but dodge the darn cans hehe.
After about 2h being DC'd to hell I saw a message that a friendly unit had just destroyed an enemy ship. I went to the map and was completely surprised that the Pocket Battleship arrived and saved my ass. He sent the remaining 2 cargo ships and 3 destroyers to the bottom and aparently was destroyed but she was still afloat when I saw her for the last time after the battle ended.
All in all mission accomplished and I guess another bug to report.

I took a bunch of screenshots from when I was running on just a single diesel engine cause all electrical engines were shot and the other diesel aswell. got a screenie from the liner going down and tons of rafts all over the place and I have another one from the final battle with the Pocket Battleship pounding everything.
If you guys would like to see them just ask and I'l upload them.

Thanks for all the help :D

green_abobo
08-14-09, 12:41 AM
Don't save while doing an intercept mission, if you save and reload, the convoy or taskforce might disappear. I have the same problem while I save on intercept missions, best to leave the computer on if your doing something else.

i really,really hope this is untrue (mainly because i'm looking for a specific convoy now)...i have yet to play campaign on either side where one of the main objectives disappears...how are you supposed to complete the leg of the campaign then???

can anyone prove this one way or the other???

thanks.

green_abobo
08-15-09, 02:19 AM
as stated in the other thread similar to this topic,you can just end the patrol at home port and you dont need to worry about the stupid convoy.

thanks for those who tried to help.

feel free to delete this thread.

thanks.

bill clarke
08-15-09, 03:40 AM
I took a bunch of screenshots from when I was running on just a single diesel engine cause all electrical engines were shot and the other diesel aswell. got a screenie from the liner going down and tons of rafts all over the place and I have another one from the final battle with the Pocket Battleship pounding everything.
If you guys would like to see them just ask and I'l upload them.

Thanks for all the help :D

Please post them, please. :yeah: