PDA

View Full Version : Works, but not with ToM

steinbeck
03-19-08, 04:11 PM
Nice clean install. It ran briefly as a test. then installed TM 1.5 +TM service pack. Tried the first options as German boat(supply drop from Penang)Won't run,just a black screen.
took them both out and it runs. Tried TM 1.5 on it's own, still no joy. Took it all out again and it ran enough I completed a supply run to Manila, and heading back towards Australia, patrol area. Tried an American Boat minus the mods and in Command Room all gauges blacked out. So, maybe it calls for two installs: one with the mods and one without. Any other ideas, solutions please?
Otherwise all seems ok. I can't find any info re the new icon on the bar.. a sailor, for special skills??
Haven't printed the manual yet but it seems exactly like the one we all have anyway.

steinbeck

Ducimus
03-19-08, 05:19 PM
Read very carefully.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133417

steinbeck
03-19-08, 05:33 PM
Read very carefully.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133417

Thanks for the pointer Ducimus. I hadn't seen the second service pack. Will try again now.

steinbeck

Fincuan
03-20-08, 08:11 AM
Read even more carefully, because the second service pack is not your answer

Dowly
03-20-08, 03:46 PM
:rotfl::rotfl:

Ducimus
03-20-08, 03:59 PM
Theres a reason why i don't take the time to write a spiffy PDF file for the mod. :lol:

Dowly
03-20-08, 04:08 PM
TBH, I must confess I'm one of the ppl who never reads the readmes. :roll: :D

Ducimus
03-20-08, 04:33 PM
To be honest, i dont either, that is,not unless i run into a problem. THEN i read the mods readme or forum post for known issues.

Still though, there is a little matter of reading about what the mod does before you acutally D/L it. :roll:

TM CLEARLY states what its aimed at (at least i thought so). So it baffles me as to how someone can D/L and install a mod aimed at the PTO/Fleet boats, and then turn right around and wonder why the uboat campaign is lacking or not working properly. :damn:

I really dont understand that at all. Maybe im not supposed to. :rotfl: And im not picking on anybody here, this is just something that ive run into alot.

Seeadler
03-20-08, 04:35 PM
rename a readme to "naked girls inside", and everyone will at least open it once:D

rulle34
03-21-08, 11:19 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: