PDA

View Full Version : CO2 bug anyone else?

WernerSobe
03-18-08, 03:29 AM
Ive got a very annoying bug whith IXD2

Sometimes during the campaig my sub just stops refreshing air on surface. Diving and resurfacing doesnt help... The sad result is my crew suffocates in a matter of few hours.

I use unmoded game with minor personal tweaks.

AkbarGulag
03-18-08, 03:49 AM
This fun new bug was introduced with 1.5 :yep:

It can happen to you on fleet boats also.

WernerSobe
03-18-08, 04:04 AM
any way around?

It screwed my new carrier attempt for the second time now.

AkbarGulag
03-18-08, 04:06 AM
I have not been succesful. But some people think re-diving, then saving the game, then re-loading the game and hitting emergency surface works.

I could not say for sure if it does :hmm:

Rockin Robbins
03-18-08, 06:23 AM
Trying weird things now. 35% CO2. When do we all die? I smell a patch on the horizon...

gruntington
03-18-08, 08:54 PM
I had that bug once. I had to quit out of the game, restart, then load a save game. I was able to continue with oxygen restored.

Kpt. Lehmann
03-19-08, 05:09 AM
Trying weird things now. 35% CO2. When do we all die? I smell a patch on the horizon...

Assuming this turns out to be a persistent bug... it certainly warrants the release of a hotfix.

Rockin Robbins
03-19-08, 06:07 AM
Saving on the surface and reloading the save fixes the problem. I don't know if it is necessary to quit the game altogether. Sorry, blew the testing procedure there.:oops: Still needs a hotfix though.

maerean_m
03-19-08, 08:59 AM
Has anyone experienced the CO2 bug with an unmodded add-on (no modds whatsoever)?

AVGWarhawk
03-19-08, 09:03 AM
Only mods I have running in the game are the Draft Mod by Swdw and W_clears enviro mod. I get ths CO2 issue. If I reload the save game it is gone. It is affecting both fleet and uboats alike.

maerean_m
03-19-08, 09:30 AM
The "draft mod" affects only the ships or does it affect the subs?

AVGWarhawk
03-19-08, 09:40 AM
The draft mod affects the fleet boats only. It was created before the add-on for the fleet boats. It does not mod the affects of shipping or the uboats drafts.

skwasjer
03-19-08, 09:50 AM
Has anyone experienced the CO2 bug with an unmodded add-on (no modds whatsoever)?
Yes I have once in an unmodded uboat campaign...

WhiskeyBravo
03-19-08, 11:47 AM
Same here, I had the 'not securing from silent running' bug at the same time.

A save/load fixed it and so far it's not happened again.

WB.

brandtryan
03-19-08, 12:04 PM
I've experienced this bug as well--though saving and coming back in solves it, as others have said. Unmodded 1.5

Rockin Robbins
03-19-08, 12:33 PM
I love it when SUBSIM works like it's supposed to, with nobody doing the UBI MUST DIE!! thing, just everyone working together to properly identify and solve an issue. Good work guys!

skwasjer
03-19-08, 02:25 PM
Same here, I had the 'not securing from silent running' bug at the same time.

A save/load fixed it and so far it's not happened again.

WB.
I am not sure if I had that, I do remember no crew on deck and unable to have them man the deck gun... Forgot to mention this.

Reminds me of Pirates of the Carabbean, where they flip the boat and sail under water... :rotfl:

THE_MASK
03-19-08, 05:21 PM
No co2 bug yet . Heres my sh4 folder if anyone wants to check out my campaign .

http://files.filefront.com/SH4rar/;9849787;/fileinfo.html

you have to run only rsrdc and w_clear enviroment mod 4 if you want to play it .

kiwi_2005
03-19-08, 05:40 PM
I got this bug once and haven't had it since, game is running nearly as stock only mods im using is spax sound mod & uboat dark skins.

THE_MASK
03-19-08, 06:08 PM
A few more questions
I googles this

"The information below was taken largely from a more comprehensive review, Spacecraft Maximum Allowable Concentrations for Selected Airborne Contaminants, Volume 2 (NRC 1996). The studies discussed represent those most relevant to submariners and the submarine environment.
CO2 is a simple asphyxiant and lethal asphyxiations have been reported at concentrations as low as 110,000 ppm (Hamilton and Hardy 1974). Loss of consciousness can occur within a minute of exposure at 300,000 ppm and within 5-10 minutes (min) of exposure at 100,000 ppm (HSDB 2004). The effects of concentrations of CO2 between 7,000 and 300,000 ppm in humans "

What does 10% CO2 represent in the game . When does my crew just suddenly die ?

Rockin Robbins
03-19-08, 08:27 PM
100,000 parts per million is 10%. 500,000 ppm is 50%

So loss of consciousness with 30% within a minute, at 10% would cause loss of consciousness in 5 – 10 minutes. Death has happened with concentration as low as 11%. All this is based on the information in Sober's post. Looks like my crew would have all died in r/l with 35%, and they were still kicking!:up: Tough guys, these Germans.

Zantham
03-19-08, 09:03 PM
It seems to me that the CO2 gauge in SH4 is a percentage of the lethality to the sub crew. At 100% there is no longer enough oxygen in the boat for humans to survive. There is no point in measuring CO2 levels beyond this point. Thus 50%, even 75% is quite survivable, though as it approaches 100% the crews efficiency should start to falter.

Rockin Robbins
03-20-08, 05:02 AM
It seems to me that the CO2 gauge in SH4 is a percentage of the lethality to the sub crew. At 100% there is no longer enough oxygen in the boat for humans to survive. There is no point in measuring CO2 levels beyond this point. Thus 50%, even 75% is quite survivable, though as it approaches 100% the crews efficiency should start to falter.

That makes a LOT more sense than what I had!:up:

AVGWarhawk
03-20-08, 08:03 PM
Well, it was darn simple really. I submerged until the CO2 icon popped up. I was at 10%. I clicked the CO2 blinking icon and this surfaces the boat. The boat vented and all was well. So, it looks to me if you hit the S key to surface or the interface key to surface this buggers up the CO2. So, click the blinking CO2 key next time and see if this works for you as well.

Vorkapitan
03-20-08, 08:19 PM
Yup! got the same problem. Have to close to windows after saving to get it right.

Joe
:p

AVGWarhawk
03-20-08, 08:50 PM
Joe,

Check out my post above yours. Once under and the CO2 icon pops up, your CO2 level is at 10%. OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

THE_MASK
03-20-08, 09:24 PM
I can blow that theory out of the water , as i have been surfacing using the normal surface menu button on the bottom panel . CO2 vents fine every time . I have just saved while submerged and i will see how that goes .

Fincuan
03-20-08, 11:47 PM
OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

I've seen the bug a few times using this way of surfacing, as well as using the surface button in the orders bar(unmodded game).

Vorkapitan
03-21-08, 12:08 AM
Joe,

Check out my post above yours. Once under and the CO2 icon pops up, your CO2 level is at 10%. OK, fine. When you are ready to surface, click the CO2 icon that popped up and the boat will surface. Once surfaced the boat will vent and CO2 will go to zero. I did this 5 times tonight and it worked fine.

Thanks - will give it a try :know: Joe

WernerSobe
03-21-08, 10:50 AM
I also get compressed air exhaust bug when i try a crash dive.

Fincuan
03-21-08, 10:52 AM
I also get compressed air exhaust bug when i try a crash dive.

Same here. It goes away though when you hit "A" to level the boat, or left-click the depth dial to set a depth.

AVGWarhawk
03-22-08, 02:10 PM
I'm wondering if these are really bugs or we just do not know what key use. I think it was in the manual........oh never mind:roll:

THE_MASK
03-22-08, 02:50 PM
I have never had this bug .

kakemann
03-22-08, 05:23 PM
Have experienced the bug 3 or 4 times now. It is very annoying!

A hotfix is a must!
We should add it to the bug thread, but I guess it already is?

The General
03-22-08, 05:27 PM
Yep, count me in. It's all over me like a cheap suit!

AVGWarhawk
03-23-08, 04:03 PM
I have been playing a bit more and still do not have the CO2 issue if I press the CO2 icon to surface. I have not experienced the compressed air bug.

Zantham
03-23-08, 05:46 PM
I got the CO2 bug again, but for me pressing the CO2 button does not fix the problem, whether surfaced or submerged 70m.
So I saved submerged, reloaded the game, resurfaced and it fixed it again.
I seem to get the bug when I pause the game for extended periods of time (like and hour or more). I save submerged and surfaced and whatever all the time but haven't gotten it from that.

WhiskeyBravo
03-24-08, 04:24 AM
I got the CO2 bug again, but for me pressing the CO2 button does not fix the problem, whether surfaced or submerged 70m.
I seem to get the bug when I pause the game for extended periods of time (like and hour or more). I save submerged and surfaced and whatever all the time but haven't gotten it from that.

This is exactly how I got the issue. Since then I have not paused the game for any length of time and the problem has not appeared. So far!

WB.

The General
03-25-08, 06:40 AM
Yep, count me in. It's all over me like a cheap suit!Correction: I have the Trigger Maru MOD and as far as I'm concerned, due to the improvements, it's a compulsary MOD. I'll put up with the odd CO2 problem for that.

Thank you Maerean_M for your continued support though :up:

kakemann
03-26-08, 09:19 AM
I have been playing a bit more and still do not have the CO2 issue if I press the CO2 icon to surface. I have not experienced the compressed air bug.
:hmm:

Thanks for valueable input everyone
I'll try the button next time, will post back the results. I will also try the save submerged - exit - reload method.

AVGWarhawk
03-26-08, 09:23 AM
Still no issue for me. Surface by the icon that pops up and all is well. Got me men what the story is.

Rockin Robbins
03-26-08, 09:26 AM
Still no issue for me. Surface by the icon that pops up and all is well. Got me men what the story is.
Clicking the pop-up CO2 warning in the upper right corner of the screen fixes the problem. It's just lack of instructions and I think bad logic to require that. But it works and who cares? I'm having too much fun.

kakemann
03-26-08, 09:34 AM
Sounds promising!

AVGWarhawk
03-26-08, 10:00 AM
Still no issue for me. Surface by the icon that pops up and all is well. Got me men what the story is. Clicking the pop-up CO2 warning in the upper right corner of the screen fixes the problem. It's just lack of instructions and I think bad logic to require that. But it works and who cares? I'm having too much fun.

Me too! :D I have been raping a convoy off Java now for two days. I come in like a shark, make my hit and swim off to regroup! CO2 not an issue, boat vents! They hate me:smug:

kakemann
03-26-08, 11:15 AM
Ok!

I tried the following:

1. Pressing the CO2 icon to surface instead of the S button on the keyboard.

2. Dived to 60 metres (don't know feet) - saved the game - exit to main menu - loading again - surfacing with the CO2 button

Number 1 didn't solve the CO2 problem for me, but number 2 did.
Just pressing the CO2 icon the sub surfaced and nothing happened to the CO2 levels.
But when using alternative number 2, saving and reloading the problem was solved!

:rock:

kakemann
03-26-08, 12:18 PM
I also experienced this with damage to my sub.

The damage was never repaired, even after days at sea, and the damage control team full of officers.

After saving, exiting to main menu, and re-loading - everything was repaired in short time.

There is definately something strange here.

ccruner13
04-06-08, 10:06 PM
im unmodded currently

i have been doing alot of pausing and alt tabbing

once i had the bug hitting the co2 button to surface did nothing but when i saved and reloaded i was at 0% co2. ill use that button from now on if its there and see if i avoid it as well

THE_MASK
04-08-08, 01:25 AM
Nope . Never had the bug :hmm:

ccruner13
04-08-08, 03:46 PM
i got it again without surfacing...i changed depths after the button was up there tho so it must have something to do with that too...not just surfacing without the button.

Mr G
04-15-08, 11:29 AM
Just had this bug for the first time (SH4 1.5 US campaign)..... read through this thread and tried hitting the CO2 icon, but that didn't work for me :cry: The Co2 guage kept increasing as I travelled on the surface.

It only cleared for me when I saved the game and then loaded the save (no need to exit the game or quit to main menu). Now everytime I load one of the saved games where I know the bug was present, I see the Co2 icon when the game loads, but it clears instantly.

As long as that works it's not too much of a problem, but if things get worse I may need to change my gameplay settings ............ I'm got going to suffocate on a patrol becuase of a bug !

green_abobo
08-14-09, 12:30 AM
aye aye. i get the co2 bug,and i get another one where the external torps wont load into the internal reserves. (yes,i am surfaced)
i find saving and then loading fixes the problem,but is a pain w8ing for it to load though...:nope: