PDA

View Full Version : CO2 problem after u boat add on

popsbear
03-13-08, 06:20 AM
Just bought the u boat add on to SH4, installed it and started 1st mission, at various stages my co2 just climbs regardless as to whether I am on surface or submerged. Have to come out and reload an earlier saved file, seems ok for a time then. Any ideas anyone.

maerean_m
03-13-08, 06:27 AM
Some said it helps to blow the ballast tanks.

Do you have any crewmen with special abilities? What sub are you on?

AVGWarhawk
03-13-08, 08:45 AM
It seems to affect all the boats. Now CO2 is a factor which is good but the boat will not vent when surfaced. I know you can click the small CO2 icon when it pops up and the boat will surface. Is this how you have the boat vent? I saved with the issue and restarted later on and the problem was gone.

maerean_m
03-13-08, 09:30 AM
There is a big probability that the CO2 bug is caused by the big differences between the depths specified for the German subs (e.g. data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9d2\NSS_Uboat9d2.cfg) and the ones for the American subs (e.g. data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.cfg)

M. Sarsfield
03-13-08, 09:32 AM
Will there be a 1.6 patch?

AVGWarhawk
03-13-08, 12:23 PM
There is a big probability that the CO2 bug is caused by the big differences between the depths specified for the German subs (e.g. data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9d2\NSS_Uboat9d2.cfg) and the ones for the American subs (e.g. data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.cfg)

If that is the case, how do we mod to over come this issue?

maerean_m
03-13-08, 01:16 PM
We're working on that and will let you know when we find something definitive.

AVGWarhawk
03-13-08, 01:33 PM
Thank you sir! It is great the the CO2 level is a factor now with the new patch but the factor is just a bit to good!!! Thanks for looking into it.

stabiz
03-13-08, 03:07 PM
Yeah, and you DID(dead is dead)-players dont havre to worry about it, as it doesnt happen if you dont save.

popsbear
03-15-08, 07:02 AM
Thanks for all replies, nice to know I'm not alone