PDA

View Full Version : Difference

Rave35
03-11-08, 03:44 AM
Whats the difference between using Auto Targeting of Torpedos and Manual Targeting ?

Rave35
03-11-08, 03:44 AM
Oh yea how many of you are using the Auto Targeting ?

Gezoes
03-11-08, 04:33 AM
What's the difference between ordering a pizza and cooking yourself? ;)

And now that the U-boats are here, I am back to manually targetting. Never figured out the US one LOL

Mush Martin
03-11-08, 09:22 AM
that really is such a good analogy gezoes:up:

Rockin Robbins
03-11-08, 12:21 PM
(Heck), I have nothing to contribute!:rotfl:I manually target both with U-Boats and Fleet Boats.

znatan
03-11-08, 12:56 PM
I suggest you to move away from this "Auto Targeting of Torpedos" staff. Manual targetting is the most nice part of this game. At least for me.. Otherwise I would go to "Call Of Duty4" (best 3d shooter ever) and "free the beast" by shooting all over the place, using what ever comes to hand :p

Ragtag
03-11-08, 02:12 PM
I used to play with auto untill i got the taste of the real thing. Now theres no way back :)

Rykaird
03-11-08, 04:03 PM
Whats the difference between using Auto Targeting of Torpedos and Manual Targeting ?

Auto targeting is essentially point and shoot. Target shows up in the periscope cross-hairs, you push the fire button, and voila - you get pretty medals and questionable-looking girls on your return to port.

Manual targeting requires that you estimate target course and speed. This is done by making a series of observations and plotting the results on the nav map. Once target speed and track is determined, you manually load this information into the TDC.

For me this is the very heart of the game, and greatly increases both immersion and a sense of accomplishment when you that torpedo hits the target exactly as you measured.

You will probably sink fewer ships, meaning fewer medals, but all the prettiest port wenches know that in the game of love there is no such thing auto targeting.