PDA

View Full Version : [TEC]Tactical bases

AkbarGulag
02-29-08, 09:14 PM
In regard to the U-boat addon. I noticed the airfields now have a new tickbox in the new dropdown menu 'Tactical Properties'. It has a start and stop date, but you can also 'tick' if it is tactical or not. Does anyone know what 'Tactical' does?

CCIP
02-29-08, 10:30 PM
I haven't tested it, but I'm suspecting this has to do with the ability to send out scout planes from that. Do carrier groups have that option/checkbox too?

AkbarGulag
02-29-08, 10:48 PM
Do carrier groups have that option/checkbox too?

They certainly do :yep:

CCIP
02-29-08, 10:51 PM
Well, then I'm 99% sure that's what this is!

But wow. If that's so simple, all it would take is literally a few clicks to implement this feature to friendly airbases in the American campaign :huh: (though I guess it'd also have to go aling with removing contact reports from merchants).

See if that works! I'll tinker with it as well when I finish my patrol...

AkbarGulag
02-29-08, 11:13 PM
I set up a test mission. Put a bunch of airfields next to that big pond you have between Canada and America. Ticked all the options for Tactical 'ON". (removed all airgroups associated with the base in the land folser also) then sailed around for a while, no contacts at all.

It is to be noted, that this was playing a 'Quick Mission' through the American list. I tried maiing a new folder called 'SinglemissionsGE' and threw one in there, but no dice. It wouldn't show in the German roster.

Anyone got a German quickmission to work yet? P.S I tried the 'MultiMissions' folder also, no joy there either.

CCIP
02-29-08, 11:32 PM
Well you do have to actually request the scout planes to go out and spy for you! I will have to look at this myself to figure out just how it works though...

AkbarGulag
02-29-08, 11:39 PM
Well you do have to actually request the scout planes to go out and spy for you! I will have to look at this myself to figure out just how it works though...
Ahh I see. So its a plugin effectively for allied (your current allies) airbases. Like a kind of resource you can call on. Interesting.

CCIP
03-01-08, 03:05 AM
Well this is stumping me so far. There's no way the simple .mis edit would work, it seems, since there's a lot of other data to be covered. In UPCdata/Crew, I did add abilities for calling in planes both in SpecialAbilities.upc and Ranks.upc to basically reflect what the German files have. But still no luck getting it to work. I need more clues :hmm: