PDA

View Full Version : @ Neal - Paypal or.......

danlisa
11-23-07, 07:08 AM
Seriously, I don't trust Paypal.:shifty: (partly why I have not donated earlier)

I get emails asking me to verify my Paypal details all the time and I don't even have an account. No thank you.

So, my question is:

What other payment options can you give me/us?

Anything is preferable over Paypal, I'll even make a direct bank transfer. Please PM me any options that you are happy with.:up:

Dowly
11-23-07, 08:59 AM
Never had any problems with PayPal. :up: And the emails are most propably a scam, it is optional to make an account in PayPal, but not mandatory. :yep:

danlisa
11-23-07, 09:10 AM
What?

You mean I can donate to Subsim without having to open a Paypal account?

I is confused.:doh: Probably why I don't buy stuff over the net too often.

EDIT - Wait, just checked the donation link.....:damn::damn: dammit! I'm such a dimebar.:doh:

Will dust off the CC tonight.:cool:

Dowly
11-23-07, 09:18 AM
What?

You mean I can donate to Subsim without having to open a Paypal account?

I is confused.:doh: Probably why I don't buy stuff over the net too often.

EDIT - Wait, just checked the donation link.....:damn::damn: dammit! I'm such a dimebar.:doh:

Will dust off the CC tonight.:cool:

IIRC, you needed an account few years back, but it seems they've gotten rid of that. :up:

Chock
11-23-07, 01:37 PM
Paypal is okay, I've not personally had any problems with it. Those emails you get supposedly from Paypal are just the same as the ones you get pretending to be from the Nat West or the Royal Bank of Scotland or someone in Nigeria that wants to borrow your bank account to put 23 million dollars in or whatever. But that doesn't make the NW and the RBS a scam does it? Just ignore the scam attempts, they are nothing to do with Paypal itself.

:D Chock

Onkel Neal
11-23-07, 01:59 PM
Thanks, Danlissa. Appreciate the help. :up:

I've used Paypal for 8 years and have done hundreds of transactions, they are very professional, never had a problem. Everyone gets those "Paypal" pfishing e-mails. They are not from Paypal, of course, and you should never answer one or use the links in them. Same with the scam e-mails from banks and other institutions. Open your browser and log in to you accounts that way.

cheers
Neal

danlisa
11-23-07, 03:05 PM
You have a PM.:()1:

Do you need anything else as confirmation?