PDA

View Full Version : Choose the Sub's Equipment in Mission Editor

egoeimai
10-16-07, 03:43 AM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask if there is a similar tool like the "Torpedo Loadout Editor" that would allow me to change the systems of my submarine, so that I can start a quick mission with certain systems (my choice of deck gun, AA Gun, Radars etc). If there isn't such a tool, is it possible to change them manually in a *.upc file, and how?

Thanks in advance.

Webster
10-16-07, 12:37 PM
i dont think you can do that with the editor but you can do that by changing the setup on your favorite sub and it will be that way for all missions if you use it.

this forum is dead for the most part and posting here is like being alone in the desert lol.

repost in the mod forum and they will teach you how to customize a sub to your liking and then you can use JSGME to put it in or take it out of game as you like.

tater
10-16-07, 02:42 PM
The short answer is that it's not a mission editor fixable thing.

The closest you can get is to set the sub's cfg date under properties.

The sub will evolve based on the dates it gets various eqp.

tater

Webster
10-16-07, 07:25 PM
The short answer is that it's not a mission editor fixable thing.

The closest you can get is to set the sub's cfg date under properties.

The sub will evolve based on the dates it gets various eqp.

tater

wont that also mean the missions will have to be made to start after the subs evolve date as well so the sub will be there in the mission?

tater
10-16-07, 08:48 PM
Say the mission starts 1943 12 01

You can then drag the sub config from the earliest date, to 1943 12 and you'have an end of 43 boat. If you leave it at 1938 (or whatever) you get the early version, AND in the boat select it won't pick the boat you want as the 1st choice.

This is actually quite useful for ships, too.

Say it's 1943, and whatever month all the jap DDs have certain capabilities, you can set any you want to earlier cfg dates. So I can build a TF with SOME DDs with radar, some without just by messing with the cfg dates by a month or two in some cases. Ditto with DC rack cfgs, etc. I know it gets throwers in sept 1943, so I set the cfg date to august.

:D

tater

egoeimai
10-17-07, 04:08 AM
Thanks everybody. I just need to find out how to make the necessary changes in the cfg files.