PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for SubSim store 'front'...

XanderF
09-22-07, 03:38 PM
So I know that everything you buy after following the link still gets subsim.com credit, but... it occurs to me there are some other obvious things that would be useful on the page of items available.

For example, the 'Aubrey/Maturin' novels are listed there, but these are also available in audiobook (book-on-CD) format from the same place. Read (unabridged) by Simon Vance, these are almost better than the originals. The audiobook format really adds a lot of character and depth to the books.

Also - another idea. On the forums, I currently see two ?paid? ads in the upper right. Could we not add a direct link to the Amazon.com SubSim "store" somewhere on the forum pages? I don't see one at the moment, and when the whim strikes me to buy something from Amazon (usually reading a thread here), it'd be a lot easies to have a single link to follow. Maybe the next suggestion would help on this...

Finally, it occurs to me that a more uniform layout for the site wouldn't be a bad idea. You know the navigation bars on the left of the 'main page'? Doing something like that with Javascript as a floating navigation page that is uniform throughout the site might be handy. Or, heck, even 'old school', as a frame on the left. That way, you can scroll through the news on the main page without losing the links, and even open the forums in the 'main' frame without losing those links (which includes the 'Game Store').

Anyway, few ideas just bouncing around in my head.

Onkel Neal
09-27-07, 11:09 PM
Good ideas, thanks. The store layout is due for a makeover... as soon as I wrap up work on the 08 Sub Almanac.

geetrue
02-12-08, 01:36 PM
Perhaps a free quicky sub sim game that ends in the subsim store would work?

You know one of those dodge the mines dropped by DD's with fish messing with you, just using the arrow keys and the space bar or left mouse button for fire.

Clever enough to get you to play and then wham! Oh by the way we have other items for sale ... :yep: