PDA

View Full Version : SBP: new upgrade "hopefully before christmas"

Skybird
08-30-07, 04:17 AM
eSim's technical director Ssnake commendted today like this:

"We're in the middle of several projects which are supposed to condense into one upgrade package "this autumn". Which hopefully means "before Christmas". Judging from past performance it might mean "January '08" though I seriously hope to get it done much sooner.

I don't want to reveal much at this point. I am confident though that among the elements which apparently do not yet made it into the rumor mill there will be quite a few spectacular and long sought-after new features. I want to set up some pre-release week or so where we will have daily news including preview videos and such. There's definitely more in the works than "just" the Pizarro, so much I can tell.

I know that it's kinda slow times at the moment but I don't see the point in hyping up the atmosphere when it's clear that we need more time for releasing a well-rounded package and not just a hodge-podge of new stuff."

They stick to their unofficial motto, it seems: "Quality over Speed." To many other developers: learn from that example!

Take your time, guys, it's alright.

Heibges
08-30-07, 05:33 PM
Great news!

ReM
08-31-07, 01:15 PM
Another Christmas present....:rock: