PDA

View Full Version : Question on Akula Campaign

Dmitry Markov
08-24-07, 09:18 AM
Hi everybody! I have a question on Akula campaign. After I have installed SCXIIc I cannot complete second mission:damn: The one when order is to track US sub. Whatever I do - do I let her counter-detect me or do not - It draws circles around me for ours and does not show any intention to proceed out of tracking area. When I let her counter-detect me she just increasing her speed at 10 knots and do the same evolutions. Please somebody tell me is it a bug, or maybe I do something wrong?

Some years ago I played Sub Command without any patches and I cannot remember this mission to puzzle me anyhow.

Thank You Very Much

Best Regards

Kapitan
09-12-07, 02:32 PM
its a bug i think if i remember rightly.

Dmitry Markov
09-13-07, 04:24 AM
Thanks, Kapitan! Have You by any chance managed to solve it?

Best Regards.

Kapitan
09-13-07, 09:29 AM
Yes all you got to do is chase it around the 688i that is but never leave its tail, it will after a long long wait it will eventually go to the point. (it might take a few hours but it will go there)

Dmitry Markov
09-14-07, 03:41 AM
Few hours?! I've been chasing it for THREE DAYS REALTIME :o and nothing happend :D (The most dissappointing conduct of this damn 688i was when she reached the border of the triangle with inscription "Cease Tracking" on the map and then just turned 180 degrees and followed that course for another couple of hours :damn: ) Then I've just turned to single missions and to DW. But I'm gonna give it another try one of these days, so if your tactics would allow me to pass this mission I would certainly tell you :) Thank you very much for reply!

Best Regards.

The Old Man
09-15-07, 12:40 PM
you know you could always bypass this mission to the next one

U99
12-17-07, 12:37 PM
you cant bypass the mission because the 688i leaving the area is the primary objctive. unless i missed something. I'm just on this mission now and I'm not sure what to do about it. next time I play im going to go far enought away to not be detected, engines stop, then hit the time compression and show truth and go get myself something to eat. hope that works.

though it seems it works for some but not others... how long exactly do you have to wait and do you have to be on its tail?

clive bradbury
12-17-07, 06:26 PM
you cant bypass the mission because the 688i leaving the area is the primary objctive. unless i missed something. I'm just on this mission now and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Open the scenario in the mission editor and change the objective so that it is no longer 'primary'. You can then exit the mission and move to the next one in the campaign. Personally I do that for all misisons, as you are not obliged to repeat real world missions ad infinitum - a well-written campaign will simply make the result of one mission affect difficulty in later ones.

U99
12-18-07, 01:53 PM
ah thank you. except... how do I do that? when I open the mission editor and click "load mission" I get a blank box. how do I open the campaign scenario in the mission editor?

thanks

clive bradbury
12-18-07, 03:40 PM
You haven't activated the doctrine language, which lets you edit campaigns. Look on Bill's site for 'designer's resources'. There you will find Timmy's guide to doctrine language - full instructions included in the download.

U99
12-18-07, 06:55 PM
thanks, your helps been much appreciated :) i found the instructions... but unfortunatley I didnt get a "editor.ini" file even after creating a simple mission... could this be Vista related? also, when trying to edit a different .ini file for another purpose, it wouldnt let me, so i expect even if I found the file i wouldn't be able to enable DL.... :(

clive bradbury
12-18-07, 07:44 PM
Could be Vista-related. I choose not to run experimental OS, so I don't know...

The Old Man
12-19-07, 08:11 AM
did you save the mission?

U99
12-19-07, 06:29 PM
sure did, even played it for a few minutes to test the crush depth on the sub. no luck on that front