PDA

View Full Version : A few odd 688i bugs

BakaNi
07-18-07, 10:36 AM
Just bought 688i off steam and noticed a few odd bugs.

One is that the sound for the towed array being deployed doesn't turn off by itself, you have to manually set it to 'off' before it will shut up.

Secondly, the third training mission 'Virginia SLMMs' is seemingly impossible :down: Try as I might, I cannot get SLMM 6 objective to read as 'completed', I've fired dozens and dozens of damned SLMMs at the co-ordinates but it refueses to accept I've put it in the correct place.

Hitman
07-18-07, 01:05 PM
There was an official 1.07? patch AFAIK:hmm: I can't remember if it fixed those bugs or not, but try to see if your game is patched already or not. I think the patch is also here at the downloads section in subsim.com:ping:

BakaNi
07-19-07, 11:07 AM
It was bought off steam, so it can't fail to be updated. Doesn't seem to be any additionally patches.

Found another bug, trying to merge a radar contact with a sonar contact in the TMA causes a lockup/crash ;)

Sub Sailor
07-28-07, 12:04 PM
The towed array and the radio wire has always needed to be turned off after deployment or retrieval. The crash, I have never in all the years ever tried to merge radar contacts. I never used it except to locate downed aviator.

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

chopped50ford
07-30-07, 07:35 PM
if you get games off 'Steam' can you copy them to a disK?

BTW...[Salute] to you Master Chief.!!!

Sub Sailor
07-31-07, 07:41 AM
Chopped50ford,
Thank you. I don't know about steam as I have never dealt with them.

Ron Banks, MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

zaarix
02-27-15, 01:21 PM
I discovered that the bug has to do with what angle or maybe distance at which you choose to launch the SLMMs.

If you sail to the area between all the mine target groups and then fire the SLMMs they end up getting placed in the correct locations. Placement of 1 and 6 are then accomplished.

Hope that helps!

Aktungbby
02-27-15, 01:29 PM
zaarix!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
02-28-15, 07:40 AM
Welcome to SubSim zaarix :sunny:

kschang
03-22-15, 12:35 AM
I discovered that the bug has to do with what angle or maybe distance at which you choose to launch the SLMMs.

If you sail to the area between all the mine target groups and then fire the SLMMs they end up getting placed in the correct locations. Placement of 1 and 6 are then accomplished.

Hope that helps!

IMHO, your mine probably ran into a little bit of terrain that prevented it from actually getting to the location it needed to (i.e. bottomed in the mud)