PDA

View Full Version : pirates of the caribbean + officers

Martiniator
06-26-07, 07:18 AM
how many officers should i have on my ship and other ships in my fleet?
and what kind of officer is the best to assign as a captain?:-?

thnx Martiniator

Reaves
06-27-07, 01:44 AM
It all depends on how much money you are racking in. Remember officiers cost money.

Now i'm currently more familiar with Age of pirates not POTC but as they are similar...

I always had two people on my ship with good pistols and swords plus skills in fighting. They help when boarding other ships as they are much better at fighting then your normal crew.

Other ships I never minded much but if you want them to sail better then it would help to have at least two so you can spread the experience out on them. Make one your boatswain/carpenter and the other your captain/navigator.

Age of pirates uses an officer for each position on the boat (Navigator, boatswain, quartermaster, carpenter, fighter... etc) which makes it easier then POTC but only on the user interface. You will always be able to level someone up quicker on one skill then on many.

So two is better than one but you don't need many as it won't make much differance.

KeptinCranky
05-23-08, 09:18 AM
There's not so much a number of officers as a number of skills to watch out for...

Basically a ship in gunnery-combat modem should have the sailing, defence and gunnery skills at 10, reload time is less important than accuracy though

the special skills are also good, especially the defensive and gunnery skills

for boarding actions you should switch all crew to boatswains, and go for the HTH skill

it's not as important to have the boarding skills, but it does help

also make sure to reduce the enemy crew to below 10 with grapeshot or you'll be outnumbered

www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) used to have a fairly good faq on this game :arrgh!: