PDA

View Full Version : Whats your taste

STEED
05-29-07, 12:15 PM
Get voting people and that's an order.

What era of planes you prefer to play in, in my case it has to be WW2 Mono Planes there is just something about them.

HunterICX
05-29-07, 12:37 PM
WW2 era ofcourse.

Bi-planes are really fun. but I cant resist the muscle planes from WW2 they are just special in a way:up:

CCIP
05-29-07, 02:21 PM
Can I vote 'all of the above'? :D

I love all for different reasons. WWI is the one I have least experience with, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested.

If I had to pick one, and it may be due to the sim rather than the era, then "the office" for me is most definitely an F-16 cockpit :p

Egan
05-29-07, 03:17 PM
Bi and Mono and I base that entirely on aesthetics and the romanticised 'nostalgia' of the eras. I play and love Falcon but that is mainly because I love messing around with the systems more than anything to do with the actual aircraft. On the whole I find jets ugly and unappealing. What can I say? Dogfighting just isn't the same when your combined speed is a couple of times the speed of sound. Much the same as with subsims I'm into the history rather than the equipment. Sure, a single 688i could have sunk every ship the allies had - but it isn't a type VII.

There is something about the design of aircraft prior to the Jet age which gets me every time. I still can't look at a Spit, for example, without coming across all weepy and patriotic and thats strange for me as I'm not really that sort of guy. I have to choke back the tears every time I see the Battle of Britain Memorial flight on TV. :D

STEED
05-29-07, 04:11 PM
Can I vote 'all of the above'? :D

Should had aloud multi voting, are noodles. :damn:

PeriscopeDepth
05-29-07, 04:33 PM
Jets for me! Though I do dabble in WWII frequently with BOB2.

PD

Chock
05-29-07, 04:37 PM
If I could only pick one, it would be WW1, I just love the visibility of an open cockpit and the skill needed to get the best out of the aircraft. Plus you get to paint your aircraft in whatever funky colours you like if you play on the German side!

:D Chock

STEED
05-31-07, 01:28 PM
OK folks I shall open this up a bit as too what side you play on the most. For Me on CF3 it's about 50/50 for the German and British sides and sorry to say a America in third place.

IL Series it has to be the Russians.

I am 70% fighter pilot 20% fighter-bomber and 10% bomber.

CCIP
05-31-07, 01:52 PM
I am 70% fighter pilot 20% fighter-bomber and 10% bomber.
Haha, totally backwards for me!

I'm 70% fighter-bomber (I'd put CAS duty under this too), 20% bomber and 10% fighter, regardless of era :p

As far as sides, I'm not that particular. I like playing Russians because, well, I'm Russian - but I enjoy all sorts of planes in WWII. In modern sims, so far I haven't warmed up to any but American hardware.

By the way, that's why I'm called CCIP. I love that method of bomb delivery (and low-level bomb delivery in general) :|\\

robbo180265
05-31-07, 03:34 PM
I voted for WWII but like others I fly all eras.

I'm normaly a British or German fighter pilot in CFS3, American bomber pilot. Dunno why, it's something to do with the planes I guess.

I enjoy CAP's the most, so I'm probably 70% fighter pilot 30% bomber pilot.

Not played enough with IL2 yet.

Not played LOMAC at all - I find the menu sound incredibly annoying, and I just don't seem to have the patience needed to learn new controls

Heavy pilot with FS9

Linton
05-31-07, 05:44 PM
I would like to try a heavy jet bomber such as a Vulcan ,trying to get into the Moscow air defence region at 20 ft for a cold war strike.That would be an interesting game!

STEED
06-01-07, 05:00 AM
I would like to try a heavy jet bomber such as a Vulcan ,trying to get into the Moscow air defence region at 20 ft for a cold war strike.That would be an interesting game!

Are the Vulcan bomber what a sexy plane that was, a real beauty. :up:

Jimbuna
06-01-07, 05:58 AM
Don't fly that much....But either WWI or II.....fighters and British or German

HunterICX
06-01-07, 05:59 AM

:shifty: its about time you get your ass kicked up in the sky...I think Kratos wants to have a word with ya. the method is very simple he uses bullets :rotfl:

Jimbuna
06-01-07, 06:04 AM

:shifty: its about time you get your ass kicked up in the sky...I think Kratos wants to have a word with ya. the method is very simple he uses bullets :rotfl:

We were out last night and he cordially informed me it was your ass he kicked the night before :rotfl:

HunterICX
06-01-07, 06:13 AM

We were out last night and he cordially informed me it was your ass he kicked the night before :rotfl:

Oh...yes,

he has improved a lot :up: , finally a new challenger.

but we still miss you Jimbuna, so if there is a party going on of Kratos, Me, Dowly, Danlisa. why dont ya fly with us all :up: would be great fun

as my tast of WW2 planes are especially the Russian ones...
they are easy to tear apart..but they got muscle

ps. I think I,m going to bump up the Online Chatter thread. hold on

Biggles
06-01-07, 05:58 PM
Ah, I love airplanes. I know most about WWII to be honest, but there is something special about flying over No-Mans-Land in a Sopwith Pup....WWI for me, lovely aircraft, horrible war.

FIREWALL
06-01-07, 06:42 PM
WHAT..No hot air balloons ?:p

kurtz
06-02-07, 05:11 AM
I could've voted for all. What I actually play is IL 2. I've had a long holiday from flight sims (been underwater!) but just bought IL2 1946 so back in the cockpit. I used to play Janes USNF because the campaigns were so immersive. I also really enjoyed Hind or whatever it was called, long gone now I guess.
I really fancy WWI if anyone can suggest a good sim for the period??

Mike

kurtz
06-02-07, 05:13 AM

Or even flying for the Gods know how many hours to bomb Stanley Airfield.

Just in case no one knows

http://www.tvoc.co.uk/ (http://www.tvoc.co.uk/)

Hmm Invisible link hope it works I changed the font colour.

HunterICX
06-02-07, 05:19 AM
I could've voted for all. What I actually play is IL 2. I've had a long holiday from flight sims (been underwater!) but just bought IL2 1946 so back in the cockpit. I used to play Janes USNF because the campaigns were so immersive. I also really enjoyed Hind or whatever it was called, long gone now I guess.
I really fancy WWI if anyone can suggest a good sim for the period??

Mike

at this moment the best WW1 sim out there is Over Flanders field
its not a stand alone game, its a SUPERMOD for Combat Flight simulator 3.

go to www.overflandersfields.com (http://www.overflandersfields.com) for more info :up:

preview video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC2vdKzLVmU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC2vdKzLVmU)

Hitman
06-02-07, 01:01 PM
WW1 biplanes gets my vote, same as I would vote in the case of submarines:up: . Though in the case of flight sims, beyond my standard reasons for loving WW1 warfare sims, I can add that since I'm a total disaster and nut with flying sims, the considerable lesser number of keys and options makes it much easier for me to survive some minutes more before being killed :oops:

I enjoyed very much Flying Corps some years ago, and the printed maps were lovely -Man how I miss the sims of those years, they knew how to do good sims back then, enriched with thick manuals and extra stuff- but lately I have not seen any exciting WW1 flight sims out there in stores:down:

kiwi_2005
06-18-07, 08:48 AM
Modern. From "Lock On" flightsim i liked to fly the USAF A10 tank killer & RUS Su 25 bomber or Su-33.

I wish i could still play Falcon 4 but have never manage it to run without CTD continuously on XP and Vista.

Safe-Keeper
07-06-07, 05:39 PM
Give me the F-16 any day:up:!

FIREWALL
07-06-07, 06:03 PM
I just got IL2 1946. I guess it's ok but now I wish i'd gotten CFS3 so I could play OFF.

robbo180265
07-06-07, 06:11 PM
I just got IL2 1946. I guess it's ok but now I wish i'd gotten CFS3 so I could play OFF.

Matey I don't know what it's like over there, but you can pick up CFS3 for virtually nothing over here.

Think I saw it for £15;)

Iron Budokan
07-06-07, 06:36 PM
Love WWI flight sims. Love 'em! :up:

bradclark1
07-06-07, 08:56 PM
Jets and WW1 for me. Specifically Jane's F/A-18 and Red Baron with the Full Canvas Jacket and Western Front mods.

Safe-Keeper
07-06-07, 09:46 PM
I suppose I should add the reasoning of my vote rather than just spamming the thread. Right, then, I voted modern aircraft because of their complexity and level of technological advancement. There's just so much more to do in an F-16 Fighting Falcon than in a Sopwitch Camel or Supermarine Spitfire. So many more systems to take care of, so many more weapons to use in so many different ways. It's simply more stuff to play with.

JScones
07-06-07, 09:54 PM

Matey I don't know what it's like over there, but you can pick up CFS3 for virtually nothing over here.

Think I saw it for £15;)
Likewise here - ~A$40.

HunterICX
07-07-07, 06:08 AM

Think I saw it for £15;)
Likewise here - ~A$40.

I bought CFS3 for just 20€ = 13£ = 32 A$

Jimbuna
07-07-07, 06:14 AM

Think I saw it for £15;)
Likewise here - ~A$40.

I bought CFS3 for just 20€ = 13£ = 32 A$

That's very cheap Hunter ;)

Stealth Hunter
07-12-07, 01:55 PM
World War I!!!

LONG LIVE AND REMEMBER RED BARON 3D!!

NeonSamurai
07-13-07, 02:30 AM
I am more into modern era fighters (late 60's vietnam to present day), though i dont mind ww1 and ww2. Im also a attack/scout helo sim (mainly Apache) pilot.