PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest LWAMI?

Castout
04-10-07, 05:24 PM
And i only want to download the doctrine files. I have ver 3.07.
Any known bugs?

LuftWolf
04-10-07, 05:27 PM
Since you only want the Database and Doctrine files, you can download LWAMI 3.08 here: www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LwAmi_308_Bare.zip (http://www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LwAmi_308_Bare.zip) .

There are no known bugs.

Cheers,
David

Castout
04-10-07, 05:28 PM
Wow that was fast thanks.

EDIT:Downloaded off to play

LuftWolf
04-10-07, 05:30 PM
Enjoy! :)

Cheers,
David

Castout
04-11-07, 04:00 AM
LuftWolf i got a problem. After installing your doctrine only LWAMI 3.08 some of my 3d models are missing(typhoon, etc). I know the missing 3d models are those modded by the full LWAMI mod. Am i missing something in the installation or what?

LuftWolf
04-11-07, 04:34 AM
It's hard to keep track of things without the full package installed, that's why I recommend using the Full package. :)

I'm not sure exactly where your install of DW is at now... I assumed since you were asking for the doctrines only you had installed the models separately.

You can probably install the Full installation over what you've got now (or restore the stock files if you have them) and it will work, but to be absolutely sure, I'd reinstall DW.

In any case, you are going to need the Full installation package available here: www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LwAmi_308_Full.exe .

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,
David

Castout
04-18-07, 12:21 AM
All is well with LWAMI 3.08 full version.

But just to clarify things: do i have to set dangerous waters.ini file to set torpexplodeonCM to 0 by myself or is it automatically override by LWAMI?

I playtested LWAMI 3.08 and got fired by 4 Mk 54 torpedoes(3 launched from a helo, 1 from OHP FFG) but none of those torp hit me. the three torp launched by the helo just circled around me seemingly blind of my sub. Could i have some explanation?

The Russian torp(65 and 53 cm worked well) all hits their targets

Molon Labe
04-18-07, 12:30 AM
All is well with LWAMI 3.08 full version.

But just to clarify things: do i have to set dangerous waters.ini file to set torpexplodeonCM to 0 by myself or is it automatically override by LWAMI?

I playtested LWAMI 3.08 and got fired by 4 Mk 54 torpedoes(3 launched from a helo, 1 from OHP FFG) but none of those torp hit me. the three torp launched by the helo just circled around me seemingly blind of my sub. Could i have some explanation?

The Russian torp(65 and 53 cm worked well) all hits their targets

If the torpedo is circling around you, then you are 90 degrees off-boresight and outside of its seeker cone.

Castout
04-18-07, 02:09 AM
The 3 torpedoes launched from the helo were dropped practically on top of my sub. It just feels kinda funny all of them didn't get me. Perhaps they were set to passive as i was cruisin alon at 4 knots:roll:.

LuftWolf
04-18-07, 03:52 AM
Regarding the Mk54/50's in that incident, I dunno... could be to do with the layer...

You said they may have been passive, well the AI doesn't fire passive torpedoes, so if you weren't getting ping sounds, that means they either went around you OR you were under the layer.

Cheers,
David

LuftWolf
04-18-07, 06:02 AM
Oh about the .ini file, I recommend leaving it at 100%, so that the NIXIE will still work the way it is supposed to. For launched decoys, LWAMI will make the necessary adjustments, and also get rid of all the bugs related to non-exploding on CM features in the stock DW 1.04 game.

Cheers,
David

Castout
04-18-07, 08:37 PM
Oh about the .ini file, I recommend leaving it at 100%, so that the NIXIE will still work the way it is supposed to. For launched decoys, LWAMI will make the necessary adjustments, and also get rid of all the bugs related to non-exploding on CM features in the stock DW 1.04 game.

Cheers,
David

Thx LuftWolf. Your mod is incredible i actually had one out of 4 topedoes missed the intended target because it didn't acquire. Feels realistic.

Btw what bug is that regarding the non-exploding on CM in stock DW 1.04?

LuftWolf
04-18-07, 08:45 PM
In the stock game, when the torpedoes do not explode on CM's, often they will go to the surface and/or run dumb for a while before starting to search again.

Yeah, I have reduced the seeker range of most torpedoes considerably over the stock game, so what was a sure kill for poor weapons in the stock game are not kills in LWAMI. In the stock game, all weapons have the same seeker with a very large range, and in LWAMI, torpedo seekers are appropriately scaled for type and quality.

Cheers,
David

Castout
04-19-07, 04:55 AM
In the stock game, when the torpedoes do not explode on CM's, often they will go to the surface and/or run dumb for a while before starting to search again.
Cheers,
David

You fixed that already? :rock:

LuftWolf
04-19-07, 07:00 AM
Cheers,
David

You fixed that already? :rock:

Actually, Amizaur fixed it about a year and a half ago... it's a fix for a problem that was not yet invented, the same mechanics that allowed for the original non-exploding on CM torpedoes mod released in 2005. :cool:

Cheers,
David

Gorshkov
04-19-07, 09:45 AM
Hello Lufty again!

You brag about changing torpedoes seekers' range in your mod, don't you. In stock DW all torpedoes have seeker range about 4500 meters, don't they. Could you give us here your seeker range settings for all playable torpedoes???

LuftWolf
04-19-07, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure "brag" is the right word, but if that is how you want to translate it from your language that's fine.

ADCAP-3000m, UGST-2750, Mk50/54-2300, Mk46-1500, USET80-2000, MPT-1UE/APR3-2000, UMGT1-1500, YU8-1750, TEST71-1500.

Am I missing any?

Before you ask, no there is no actual basis for any of these numbers, other than what works well in DW.

Yes, they could literally be set at anything. No, that is not a reason not to try to improve gameplay.

Also, I didn't make these settings. This work was done by Amizaur about a year and a half ago, and these are what the LWAMI players have been using for that time.

Cheers,
David

Gorshkov
04-19-07, 12:17 PM
ADCAP-3000m, UGST-2750, Mk50/54-2300, Mk46-1500, USET80-2000, MPT-1UE/APR-3-2000, UMGT1-1500, Yu-8-1750, TEST-71-1500.

Am I missing any?

Before you ask, no there is no actual basis for any of these numbers, other than what works well in DW.

Yes, they could literally be set at anything. No, that is not a reason not to try to improve gameplay.

Also, I didn't make these settings. This work was done by Amizaur about a year and a half ago, and these are what the LWAMI players have been using for that time.
Good Lufty!

Are these ranges true in active or passive mode?

Is various seekers sensitivity dependent on any other game parameters (except water conditions) than above acquisition ranges?

As for 53-65K and 65-76 wake-homers: Are they effective against submerged subs in your mod at all? I have fired one recently at submerged Foxtrot. My torpedo has found target's wake and followed him excellently in horizontal axis but couldn't hit because of depth disparity.

By the way: Where is Amizaur? Has he left this community??? :hmm:

GrayOwl
04-19-07, 03:43 PM
Wake - remaining for a stern of the ship a strip sated with the large number air bubbles. Has the greater absorption of an acoustic signal, than environmental water. At the expense of it can be found out by system of prompting of a torpedo.
For the surface ship length can reach more than kilometer. Depends basically on speed, size and form of a underwater part of the ship.
For submarines length of a wake strongly decreases with growth of depth of immersing of a boat.
For an average boat, on speed of 6 knotsts length of a wake makes:
At depth 15 m (49 Ft) - about 900 m;
At depth 27 m (88.6 Ft) - 215 m;
At depth 38 m (124.6 Ft) - 40 m.
The corner of dissolve of a jet (determining as width) at once for stern makes 50 degrees, on distance 100 m (328 Ft) - 1 degree.
The depth (thickness) of a jet makes 1,5-2 drafts of the ship at once at stern and with distance from not , varies unsignificantly.

LuftWolf
04-19-07, 11:07 PM
The seeker ranges listed are for active sensors. The actual in-game detection ranges will vary based the standard conditions that affect sonar.

Regarding the wake-homers, it is intended that they are ineffective against submarines, since the DW engine allows this normally, when it should not be the case, as GreyOwl pointed out.

Cheers,
David

Gorshkov
04-20-07, 11:39 AM
Thanks for info, guys!

Have you changed anything in the non-playable torpedoes' seekers, Lufty?

LuftWolf
04-20-07, 01:45 PM
Yes, I have... they are reasonably scaled in a manner similar to the playable torpedoes.

Cheers,
David

Molon Labe
04-20-07, 02:42 PM
Give us more documentation!!!!!:p:p:p